New pre-eminent O-line in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pre-eminent O-line in the NFL?

I was just thinking: now that the KC O-line has finally faded into the sunset, is there a unit that is ready to stand up and replace it?

I have been casting about, and I can't think of one single dominant O-line in the NFL that is ready to step up and take hold of the title.

Philly? Good, but aging in a few spots and not quite there.

NO? Some nice pieces, but need more time to gel and might be a little bit of fools gold.

Washington? They were very good, but the defections of Dockery and the injury to-an admittedly, already declining--Jansen keep them from it.

Seattle? Jones is showing his age, and they have been disappointed by Spencer. You also get the feeling that they have never quite recovered from losing Hutch.

Pitt? Uh, not quite. Just not enough top-shelf talent.

Cinncy? Could have been, but Steinbach left and Anderson is aging.

There doesn't seem to be a real, rock-solid unit that dominates every game. My best guesses for the future are San Diego, NYJ and.....call me crazy, but Cleveland.

Still, in the game against Chicago, McNeill was getting beat regularly and they weren't getting good push in the run game--granted it was against Chicago--and the Jets just haven't really gotten there. I'm starting to wonder if D'Brick will ever make the leap. Cleveland has my favorite tackle prospect in recent history on their team. Steinbach playing on the interior, and hopefully a boost coming from Bentley. That is three players there who are able capable of dominating on a game by game basis, but there is a long ways for them to go.

And then there is Tennessee. Roos anchoring the edge, and a still very good Mawae plugging the middle. Along with some nice young interior talent, is this the new emerging O-line of the future? Maybe they are already there.

Am I missing something?
    Originally posted by 21ST
    He was protecting his self
    Originally posted by tjsunstein
    From what? His leg?
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

I think it's safe to say that this is the best line out there...

LT Flozell Adams / Doug Free
    LG Kyle Kosier / Pat McQuistan
    C Andre Gurode / Corey Proctor
    RG Leonard Davis / Joe Berger
    RT Marc Columbo / James Marten

haha...jk... we're getting there, but not yet.

Comment

I HOPE NO ONE SAYS THE BROWNS or in 5 years it will be the BROWNS. I'll vomit.

/\ proof i didnt read the thread makers post. LOL@Cleveland having a future anything except for Wimbley and Jones.
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Tennessee is up and coming with two young stud Tackles: Michael Roos and David Stewart. Stewart in particular is impressive and has drawn rave reviews from Norm Chow.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          Tennessee is up and coming with two young stud Tackles: Michael Roos and David Stewart. Stewart in particular is impressive and has drawn rave reviews from Norm Chow.
          but your interior line is old... i think you have a top 5 line right now
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

The terms "you" and "your" are possessive. What makes you think that my team is the Titans?

Comment

wondering why Patriots OL wasnt considered and then i realized...were cheaters and thats why your keeping us out

Jets? no way.

Comment

Yes Cheaters.
                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

LT: McNeil - 23
                  LG: Dielman - 26
                  C: Hardwick - 26
                  RG: Goff - 31
                  RT: Olivea- 25

And they're all under contract for next season. All they need is to draft a young right guard after Goff leaves and you're looking a line that's going to dominate for the next eight years.

Comment

How bout the Patriots...?
                    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post

And they're all under contract for next season. All they need is to draft a young right guard after Goff leaves and you're looking a line that's going to dominate for the next eight years.
                      The only thing is that Olivea, in my opinion, is somewhat of a weak spot. He's a solid player, but he also lets up a lot of sacks and gets beat a little more then I'd like to see.

Comment

Minnesota Vikings

LT - Bryant Mckinnie
                        LG - Steve Hutchinson
                        C- Matt Birk
                        RG - Artis Hicks
                        RT - Ryan Cook

Comment

I would have to go with SD but they did not have a great game last week but the Bears DL is unreal so I would still give it to SD on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post

what they need to do is draft Dunlap from Auburn, put him at RT and have Olivea be a RG.... then u have 2 McNeils! its PERFCET!

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                              The only thing is that Olivea, in my opinion, is somewhat of a weak spot. He's a solid player, but he also lets up a lot of sacks and gets beat a little more then I'd like to see.
                              Yeah he could be better but you can't expect five all-pro caliber players on one line. Besides, there aren't many elite right tackles in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information