Cowboys are now the single most valuable sports franchise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys are now the single most valuable sports franchise

The NFL is the richest sports league in the world, with the average team worth some $957 million. And the Dallas Cowboys, the most valuable team in the NFL, are now the single most valuable sports franchise on the planet, worth $1.5 billion

http://www.forbes.com/home/business/...3nfl_land.html

Interesting.

#MoncriefArmy

Green Bay 17th considering the location is awesome

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Just realized that Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys : 150 mil. in 1989 and now they worth 1.5 billion...wow

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        Chiefs at 13 is pretty good as well.

Comment

Let me give you a number.

40-90

That is the record of the Cleveland Browns (1 Post season game, 1 2007 game) Since returning to the league...

We somehow are top 10 in value...

Cleveland loves their football.

Comment

The Owners that bought teams 10+ years ago have made a ton of money. Rooney family buying it for 2500 back in the depression. Intersting stuff.
            "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

First in revenue, by 57m :)

Didn't Dallas' value mainly shoot up because of the new stadium finally being put together? Thought I heard that somewhere.

Comment

How is ATL all the way down there? Already feeling the effects of losing VIck?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                  First in revenue, by 57m :)

Didn't Dallas' value mainly shoot up because of the new stadium finally being put together? Thought I heard that somewhere.
                  i heard it too, because before that we werent at the top...but someone might know better then i would, but im pretty sure it has to do with the recent projections of the new stadium

but wow talk about a business, its crazy the price alot of people buy their teams for and what their worth now, especially the rooneys, the steelers are going to be in their family for a long time

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Well the New York Giants have been buy for 500$ in 1925... That is crazy...

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post

It has virtually nothing to do with their location. If you look at their debt to value ratio they are the least leveraged team in the league. Their balance sheet is very strong which increases their value accordingly.

The Green Bay packers are 14th in gross revenue with 196 million in gross revenue but with only approximately 38 million in debt. Thus, even though they don't have a new stadium their balance sheet makes them more valuable.

The Colts on the other hand are also in a small market, but due to their revenue and debt load are less valuable despite the new stadium deal.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                      I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Darn, there go my chances of buying the Cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                          How is ATL all the way down there? Already feeling the effects of losing VIck?
                          I don't believe they have been that high ever...

Comment

wow I expected the Steelers to be much higher.

Comment

NFC East Baby!!!! All four teams in the top-8!!!

Originally posted by Halsey
                              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information