Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Johnson signs with Dallas

Suspended defensive tackle Tank Johnson signs contract with Dallas Cowboys

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Suspended defensive tackle Tank Johnson has signed a two-year contract with the Dallas Cowboys.

Johnson, who played the last three seasons for the Chicago Bears, can't play for the Cowboys until he completes his eight-game NFL suspension for violating probation on a gun charge. He has served the first two games of that suspension.

Even though he is suspended for six more games I think it's a good signing.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
      Even though he is suspended for six more games I think it's a good signing.
      It said he has served the first two games of that suspension don't you have to be on a team for it to count?

Comment

Johnson, formerly of the Chicago Bears, is suspended for this season's first eight games and intends to apply for reinstatement in time to rejoin the Cowboys for Week 9.
        Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Does he even get to practice with us for the time being, or does he have to wait until after week 8 to practice/play...that would make a huge difference

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

i have a feeling T.O. and Tank will be the best of friends...
            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

I definitely think this is a good move by the Cowboys.
              Originally posted by nvot9
              I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
              Indianapolis Colts 13-3
              Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

No he can't practice.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

This is the kind of move that could potentially have a huge impact down the road.

Right now Jay Ratliff is doing great inside at the nose, but that is the kind of position that will wear you out over the long haul if you are not perfectly suited for it, and I have had concerns about Jay tailing off later in the year. If Tank could come in and give 20 quality snaps a game at the nose to spell Ratliff, it could be the difference between a wild card spot and the division title, or even the difference between just a division title and the #1 seed in the NFC.

It could also be completely irrelevant and he could be sent packing by week 10, but this is by far the best option, quality of player-wise, that we had to fill the huge hole created by Ferguson going down.
                  Originally posted by 21ST
                  He was protecting his self
                  Originally posted by tjsunstein
                  From what? His leg?
                  Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                  That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                  "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

im a ravens fan, so i dont really watch alot of NFC games, but i was under the impression tank, being a small DT at around 300 lbs. was a sort of one gap penetrator that the bears used in their cover 2 defense. I didnt think that he would be a possible NT candidate. Huh, guess i was wrong. Is he really solid enough against the tun to play NT in a 3-4?
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                      im a ravens fan, so i dont really watch alot of NFC games, but i was under the impression tank, being a small DT at around 300 lbs. was a sort of one gap penetrator that the bears used in their cover 2 defense. I didnt think that he would be a possible NT candidate. Huh, guess i was wrong. Is he really solid enough against the tun to play NT in a 3-4?
                      Hes not really good against the run at all. The best he could be in a 3-4 is a situational pass rusher unless he puts on about 30 lbs and learns to play with better leverage.

Comment

This guy is the second DT on a 4-3 scheme there is no way he even sees the field with the Cowboys considering they run the 3-4. He simply doesn't fit the scheme. This signing seems like a publicity stunt.

Comment

hahaha i knew i was right...maybe they plan on using him in the DE rotation? its not uncommon to see a 300 lb DE in a 3-4, maybe they think he can make more of an impact on passing down then their current players.
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                            This guy is the second DT on a 4-3 scheme there is no way he even sees the field with the Cowboys considering they run the 3-4. He simply doesn't fit the scheme. This signing seems like a publicity stunt.
                            Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                            hahaha i knew i was right...maybe they plan on using him in the DE rotation? its not uncommon to see a 300 lb DE in a 3-4, maybe they think he can make more of an impact on passing down then their current players.
                            Seeing how our current NT is 298 pounds and a pass rusher and Tank is 300 and a Run Stopper......I call it a up grade(not much, but a upgrade), and he has 6 weeks to learn the playbook...

Comment

A real conversation between Scott and myself:

11:17:03 PM Scott: Shanahan thinks he's a genious and can turn everyone around.
                              11:17:43 PM me: I'm glad the cowboys have moved away from that completely after the glory days
                              11:17:52 PM me: that's why the Tank Johnson to Dallas rumors are completely wrong
                              11:18:01 PM me: they 100% avoid anyone who gets in trouble with the law
                              11:18:10 PM Scott: Yea, Dallas might be that desperate for a NT though... :-)

Sometimes it's nice to have a pie thrown at your face.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information