Jason Taylor on Trading Block

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Taylor on Trading Block

According to ESPN's "Truth and Rumors", the Dolphins should be looking to trade Jason Taylor for at least a 1st rounder before the Oct 14th trade deadline. Possible suitors include the Broncos, Colts, Seahawks, Cowboys, or the Patriots. My question is why should they try and trade him away when he's their best player.

Ps. don't flame me if this is a stupid question.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl

Kojak Sports Blog (my blog)
    I like only two teams, the Steelers, and whoever beats the Patriots.

and its only week 2, and we already have our first stupid trade rumour...the man just wont DPOY and his play doesnt seem to be declining...why the hell would they trade him
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

you mean this guy?:

:)

Who in god's name would trade a 1st for a guy that is 32????

Comment

He is 32 so it may be though getting a 1st round pick but he is amazing.

thanks Bengals1690

Comment

I kind of remember hearing something about him retiring after the season, but I could be wrong.
          Taking a Knapp.

Comment

I would trade a first round pick for Taylor in a heartbeat. I think first round picks, in general are overrated in trades, and Taylor is the reigning defensive player of the year, so obviously he isnt falling off. And if the Pats get him everyone should just quit.

Comment

Wasn't Chris Chambers on the trading block a little while ago? I'd hate to be a Dolphins fan these days.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                I would trade a first round pick for Taylor in a heartbeat. I think first round picks, in general are overrated in trades, and Taylor is the reigning defensive player of the year, so obviously he isnt falling off. And if the Pats get him everyone should just quit.
                yea but what if he does retire and the dolphins know something we dont

Comment

I think the Dolphins have passed the Lions as the worst run franchise in the NFL.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

"And if the Pats get him everyone should just quit."

Why would anyone be threatened by a DE weighing 255 lbs in a 3-4 deffense? They clearly dont need another OLB so that is ruled out.

If im an OLmen, I dont care if it is Jason Taylor, I know he isnt going to take up blockers and would easily get ate up in the run game. Also 3-4 DE's arent used as pass rushers compared to 4-3 DE's so he would have absolutely zero strengths at the position.

For this same reason you can rule out Dallas.

Comment

I'm sure this is just an unsubstantiated rumour. I can't justify why the Dolphins would want to get rid of such a versatile and dominant defensive force.

Comment

Booger McFarland got a 2nd rounder, so while I wouldn't give up a 1st for Taylor, a team on the verge of making a move that needs a pass rusher potentially could.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
                          Why would anyone be threatened by a DE weighing 255 lbs in a 3-4 deffense? They clearly dont need another OLB so that is ruled out.
                          They wouldn't use him at DE. They need another OLB much more than another DE. Jarvis Green would start on more than half of the teams that run a 3-4 in the league, and he's their 3rd DE.

Comment

Its obvious they need another 1st rounder to screw up and make a huge reach with.

Comment

I'd consider trading a few picks for him... but not a 1st. A Cover 2 DLine of Taylor-Rogers-Redding-White? Worth it.

Tha'd be fun.

Note: this isn't a bad idea for the Dolphins. Their obviously not contending for a championship this year, and Taylor isn't get younger (and his stock wont get any higher than it is now). Trade him and continue to build your team.

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel
                              Its obvious they need another 1st rounder to screw up and make a huge reach with.
                              Ted Ginn Jr can't re-enter the draft, right? Hmm... what are some of the elite KR/PR prospects of next draft?

Imagine Ginn AND another elite, 1st round KR?! Their special teams would be AMAZING! Sorry, Bears... the Fins would be the best in the NFL.
                              Last edited by TacticaLion; 09-18-2007, 09:53 PM.
                              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information