Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which rookie has the best chance to make the Pro-Bowl?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moc182
    Originally posted by ninerfan
    VD will fly direct fron SF to Hawaii. I heard he already booked his ticket.

Well he's not taking Shockey's ticket, so Witth and Crumpler might have something to say about that.
    Please now lets be serious - VD will smoke Shockey within 2 years.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

VD will smoke him in 2 games

Comment

Originally posted by Jdallas
        I voted for AJ Hawk simply because LBs tend to have a quicker transition to the NFL and I think there is room for a new OLB to go for the NFC.
        Agree.

Huff will have a good shot if he plays FS.

I dont think Bush will get enough touches to get in, but there is a good chance that I am wrong there.

I think Davis will need some time, TEs have a harder transitions then LBs or RBs.

Comment

davis is the common pick. But if Culpepper is healthy I think Hagan could be a 1,000 yard WR for Miami. Across from Chambers and with Booker there too he should get alot of 1 on 1 coverage.

Derek Hagan could be a dark horse surprise for folks.

Comment

Originally posted by MossRandleElLloyd
            Originally posted by Vikings Fan
            Ryan Cook
            You mean the guy you got for Daunte Culpepper?
            woosh
            What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
            It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

Don't be a homer, it makes you look foolish.

Hagan in the Pro Bowl with the quality of WR in the AFC? Are you kidding? It's automatic four deep with elite number one talent every year in Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Chad Johnson, and Hines Ward. Not to mention Chris Chambers has the better chance on his own team, and Deion Branch might actually get enough TD passes thrown to him to have people finally notice he's one of the best WRs in the league. Andre Johnson has Eric Moulds lining up across from him, and has David Carr with much immensely better coaching and OL.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Since 1967:

18 (more than twice any other defensive position) of 39 DROY winners have been LB's (6 of the last 9)

30 of the last 39 OROY winners have been RB's (an astounding 77%!)

Obviously RB's by far have the best chance, followed by LB's to win ROY honors. This also equates to who will have the best chance to make the ProBowl in their rookie season. Which is why I say AJ Hawk or Reggie Bush. I give the nudge to Hawk since he will most likely be an every down starter, whereas Reggie will be splitting time with Duece. I believe Vernon will have a good shot, since he is going to catch alot of passes from Alex Smith, but as mentioned already it will take alot to surpass some of the other elite TE's. There's some others who could slip in purely as special teamers though.
                Originally posted by njx9
                i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

I think all of the above they are good rookies. Vernon has the hands,Dabrick is an awesome blocker, AJ Hawk as good form tackling, Bush is an overall good running back, Mario is an animal, Huff is an awesome saftey.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

how is reggie bush gonna make the pro bowl when he isnt even gonna start, he'll be lucky to get 900 total offense.

Comment

A.J. Hawk, no doubt. DeAngelo Williams is another good bet.

Comment

AJ Hawk

Hitman D for the sweet sig

Comment

Didn't Desmond Clark make the Pro Bowl as a TE last year in the NFC? I would definitely say Vernon Davis has the best shot.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Jimmy Williams. Why you might ask? Think about it for a second. He will be starting right away, and covering #2 wideouts, not to mention, sicne he is a rookie, he will be tested alot, because noone wants to challenge DeAngelo Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                              Didn't Desmond Clark make the Pro Bowl as a TE last year in the NFC? I would definitely say Vernon Davis has the best shot.
                              WTH? Had to have been a fill-in for injured players (stressing the plural).
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo
                                Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                                WTH? Had to have been a fill-in for injured players (stressing the plural).
                                Bears | Clark not headed to Pro Bowl
                                Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:17:41 -0800

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports Chicago Bears TE Desmond Clark is not heading to the Pro Bowl after the NFL admitted to making a mistake. Clark was originally chosen as a "need" player, but Carolina Panthers head coach John Fox chose Philadelphia Eagles TE Mike Bartrum instead. NFL spokesman Michael Signora said, "Our office mistakenly informed Desmond Clark that he was selected to the NFC all-star team as the long snapper. He is actually the Bears' backup at the position."
                                These are the guys that were chosen at TE:
                                Alge Crumpler, ATL
                                Jason Witten, DAL
                                Jeremy Shockey, NYG

There's no doubt Vernon can compete with these guys, but it really comes down to how efficiently the 49ers offense can run compared to these teams.
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information