Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which rookie has the best chance to make the Pro-Bowl?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
    If we disregard return men, I think Vernon Davis is, without a question, the obvious choice. While the NFC is decently strong with tight ends, it doesn't have player you know will put up a huge year. With every other positions (LB, OL, etc.), there are tons of annual choices. I think Sims probably has a better chance at a Pro Bowl spot than Hawk does (same with DROY) because he is a flashier player and is in a scheme were he can get a lot of turnovers.
    Hawk in a scheme where they allow the LB to make palys which means he able to run all over the field. Thats why so much Packers fans whan Barnett move to the outside becuase he is able to run in a more open area instead of just staying in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN
      Hawk in a scheme where they allow the LB to make palys which means he able to run all over the field. Thats why so much Packers fans whan Barnett move to the outside becuase he is able to run in a more open area instead of just staying in the middle.
      Absolutely no offense to Hawk, who I think will be a fantastic outside linebacker, but he isn't a fraction as flashy as Ernie Sims. More consistent? Yes. Able to do complicated stunts? Absolutely. However, in the Lions cover 2 scheme, Sims will be playing the exact same position as Derrick Brooks, which should get him plenty of big hits on recievers, lots of chances at interceptions, and allow him to range. Sims plays with a fearless quality that should wow fans much more than Hawk's technical play.

Comment

Mario Williams. The guy is a beast, plays the run AND pass well, he has a better shot than everyone gives him credit for.

Comment

Word Mario Williams and Demeco Ryans have a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
            Jimmy Williams. Why you might ask? Think about it for a second. He will be starting right away, and covering #2 wideouts, not to mention, sicne he is a rookie, he will be tested alot, because noone wants to challenge DeAngelo Hall.
            What makes you think he'd be covering #2 wideouts?

Hall plays LCB, so if Williams starts at corner, he'd be manning the RCB spot. The right side [the offense's left] is where the X receiver lines up most of the time. There are a lot of teams whose X receiver is their number 1 receiver.

Comment

A.J. Hawk.

sig by BuckNaked contact him if you want it done right.

Comment

Hawk and ferguson have the best shots, i think u guys are overhypin VD who has TONS of potential and will be very good, but not his rookie year. i only say this this because the 49ers offense is not very good and will have to mesh together with time. i say VD is a probowler in 3 years

Comment

i think bush might make it as a kr

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                    If we disregard return men, I think Vernon Davis is, without a question, the obvious choice. While the NFC is decently strong with tight ends, it doesn't have player you know will put up a huge year. With every other positions (LB, OL, etc.), there are tons of annual choices. I think Sims probably has a better chance at a Pro Bowl spot than Hawk does (same with DROY) because he is a flashier player and is in a scheme were he can get a lot of turnovers.
                    Jason Witten, Shockey, and Crumpler, will all have pro bowl years, especially with those offenses. I give VD no chance to make pro bowl, especially with that excuse of a team called the niners, and excuse of a QB alex smith.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan

Comment

Originally posted by danman253
                      Vernon Davis prolly. He will be used more than alomost any other draftpick.
                      I totally agree. The NFC tight ends are not as strong as the AFC ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Simms2Clayton
                        Originally posted by danman253
                        Vernon Davis prolly. He will be used more than alomost any other draftpick.
                        I totally agree. The NFC tight ends are not as strong as the AFC ones.
                        Unless Alex Smith really shows me something this year, Leonard Pope has a better chance than Vernon Davis. Crumpler, Witten and Shockey will all easily beat VD. If anyone from the NFC makes it im gonna say Reggie as a KR.

Comment

Vernon Davis should be able to make A Smith a better qb like Gates did Brees, so he should get a bunch of receptions, so I say Vernon Davis.

Also a possibility is Haloti Ngata. If the Ravens defense is in the top 5 defenses, and Ray Lewis is back to his old form, people will have to acknowledge that him having a big body like Ngata in front of him helped a lot. Also he's in one of the better D Lines in football with the Ravens so he shouldn't see all that many double teams.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06
                            Vernon Davis should be able to make A Smith a better qb like Gates did Brees, so he should get a bunch of receptions, so I say Vernon Davis.

Also a possibility is Haloti Ngata. If the Ravens defense is in the top 5 defenses, and Ray Lewis is back to his old form, people will have to acknowledge that him having a big body like Ngata in front of him helped a lot. Also he's in one of the better D Lines in football with the Ravens so he shouldn't see all that many double teams.
                            yea ngata has a great chance as well. hes one of the main reasons everyone is saying that the ravens are contenders

Comment

Da Hawk!

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10
                                Vernon Davis is going to shock people from day one.
                                In a good or bad way

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information