No announcement yet.

Anyone still wanna take shots @ Romo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF YOU WANT TO CROWN HIM THAN CROWN HIM!

But his name still rhymes with ****.

Comment

I always liked his style. I think he'll always be an on-off type of QB that could have a really bad day out of nowhere but it won't be because of a lack of effort, he seems very fiery and determined which is always good to have at QB plus he clearly has a great arm.

As for last year's Pro Bowl, QB injuries were the reason for both Romo and VY really. It was a depleted field particularly for the AFC. I mean it was basically Romo vs Grossman and VY vs Losman from what I remember.

Comment

Romo has one of the best pocket presence's in the league. It was amazing what he was doing to escape the rush of the Bears last night.

stephenson86

Comment

As much as I like Romo, everytime I see him, all I can think is, "What a gooberish lookin' guy."

He has big ears too.

Comment

I find it interesting that the Cowboys still haven't extended his contract yet.
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

He's the real deal, I don't question that.

But I don't see how this warrants him being a worthy PB candidate last year. That was still off base, because 6 games doesn't warrant pro bowl honors.

Jeff Garcia was more deserving last year.

But yeah, he's the real deal.

Comment

Only 6 QBs deserved to go to the Pro Bowl last year. 4 from the AFC, River, Palmer, Brady, Manning and 2 from the NFC Bulger, Brees.
                "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

ummm, who was snubbed of a pro bowl visit then last yr that was an NFC qb...you guys act like it was other guys sitting at home who had earned a visit and didnt get in...Maybe Vince ill buy that, but romo did step in, took a team who was considered done into the playoffs, and he struggled some games, expected for any first yr starter, but his great games over shadowed the bad ones...

but why didnt he deserve to go to the pro bowl? id like to know two qbs who deserved to go over him, otherwise he was obviously deservingly

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    ummm, who was snubbed of a pro bowl visit then last yr that was an NFC qb...you guys act like it was other guys sitting at home who had earned a visit and didnt get in...Maybe Vince ill buy that, but romo did step in, took a team who was considered done into the playoffs, and he struggled some games, expected for any first yr starter, but his great games over shadowed the bad ones...
                    I have never seen a backup come in after the starter plays poor or gets injured and follow it up with a Super Bowl win... Never, ever, ever, ever. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
                    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

but why didnt he deserve to go to the pro bowl? id like to know two qbs who deserved to go over him, otherwise he was obviously deservingly
                      Jeff Garcia did it with more games under his resume, with less offensive talent around him (skill positionwise), plus led his team a division title, not just a wildcard. He was more deserving last year.

So Id say Bulger, and Garcia. Hassellbeck played well after he came back from injury too, if you compare Romo's body of work last year to Hasselbeck's, it wasn't all that better if better at all. And in those situations, you give the veteran the benefit of the doubt.

3 Cowboys shouldn't have been PBers last year. Roy Williams, Romo, and Flozell Adams. The 3 Cowboys who were deserving in my eyes were Owens, Ware and Newman. Newman got snubbed.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, here. The argument about whether or not he deserved to go to the Pro Bowl last year is a completely different one.

My point is that he has been a whipping boy all offseason based upon a faulty premise. The guy had a 95 passer rating for crying out loud. That alone speaks for itself. He led the league in YPA and comp%, two of the most crucial stats for a QB. He was truly unbelievable for 6 games....and then he was merely "up and down" for the last 4. Yet, somehow, people were using that period (over which his passer rating would still have ranked in the middle of the league) to say that he didn't have much of a future in the league, or that he wasn't that good.

The guy had a great season. Sure, it was only 10 and 1/2 games, but it was an awesome season. The worst part was that the team's late season collapse, which was primarily attributable to the defense's horrid December play, was laid at Romo's feet. What happens to a QB when he is faced with a double digit lead in the second half of games? His efficiency usually goes down, and his mistakes go up.

Whether or not you think he deserved to go to the Pro Bowl (and he did, as soon as you can name me a quality alternative, then I'll begin to take your point seriously) there is no doubt that all the doom-and-gloom predictions for his future were unfounded. It would be an act of immaturity to contend anything different.
                        Originally posted by 21ST
                        He was protecting his self
                        Originally posted by tjsunstein
                        From what? His leg?
                        Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                        That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                        "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Damn shame he plays for the cowgirls, that's all. He is the style of QB that i prefer most (mobile, gunslinger (ala Brett Favre)).

Anyway, i will wait to take my shots when Brady Quinn becomes the best QB in the league....;) (or at least better than Romo)

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

I think Tony Romo is an above-average QB and has certainly played better than my expectations, but the problem with Romo that I have is every Cowboys fan thinking that Tony Romo is god. If Cowboys fans weren't so crazy about Romo I would be fine with him, but they talked about him being a top-5 QB after a little more than half a season as a starter. That is just ridiculous.

Originally posted by Halsey
                            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              Jeff Garcia did it with more games under his resume, with less offensive talent around him (skill positionwise), plus led his team a division title, not just a wildcard. He was more deserving last year.

So Id say Bulger, and Garcia. Hassellbeck played well after he came back from injury too, if you compare Romo's body of work last year to Hasselbeck's, it wasn't all that better if better at all. And in those situations, you give the veteran the benefit of the doubt.

3 Cowboys shouldn't have been PBers last year. Roy Williams, Romo, and Flozell Adams. The 3 Cowboys who were deserving in my eyes were Owens, Ware and Newman. Newman got snubbed.
                              Yeah I agree Newman got snubbed for sure. And Flozell and Roy had no business being there. But Garcia over Romo? Garcia only played in 8 games and their ratings were nearly identical. People knock Romo's appearance because he didn't play the full season. And I'm not so sure that our skill players were so much better than theirs. TO left a ton of production on the table. A lot of great plays by Romo were flushed down the drain. I think the disparity between the two o-lines is greater and more meaningful. Garcia had the easier job, imo, and didn't look definitively better than Romo. Wow, the team went 4-2 under Garcia last year. Brian Westbrook deserves more credit for those wins than Garcia does. That's who he leaned on. Hell, AJ Feeley looked just as good in that offense. I think part of the reason so many people felt that Romo deserved a pro-bowl bid was that we were winning games because of him. He wasn't losing games for us. Our defense, offensive line, conservative play calling and TO's hands were. No way did Garcia deserve it more than Romo last year. Are you serious about Hasselbeck? Being a veteran is meaningless. That's what gets guys like Roy and Flozell in there undeservedly. Romo was better. If Hasselbeck deserved it over Romo, then you should have no problem with Roy being in there. Just an off year for an established vet, right? And Bulger was in there, deservedly.

Comment

once Brett Favre retires, John Madden's man crush shifts to Tony Romo... he was already gushing about him last night comparing him to Favre.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information