DeAngelo Hall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeAngelo Hall

Carolina's next possession, Hall let his temper and Steve Smith get the best of him.

The two stars had been jawing at each other the entire game, with Hall holding the upper hand in the first half. However, on the first play from scrimmage after the Falcons went ahead, Delhomme threw deep down the sideline for Smith. Clearly beaten, Hall had no choice except to drag down the receiver for a 37-yard interference penalty

Apparently frustrated, Hall gave Smith a shove to the upper chest on the next play, drawing a 15-yard personal foul. Then, with Carolina apparently forced into a field-goal try after Delhomme was sacked, Hall drew an unsportsmanlike penalty for continuing to jabber at Smith.

That gave the Panthers an automatic first down, and they quickly punched it in for the tying TD, Delhomme's 5-yard pass to Jeff King. Hall even got into it with his own coach, Bobby Petrino, before being dragged away by a couple of teammates.

"I felt like I was on the bad end of the stick," Hall said. "I felt like a lot of calls could have gone either way. They all went against me."

Petrino considered yanking Hall out of the game, but let him finish.

"DeAngelo understands that's not something we do," the first-year coach said. "We were in a position where we had a chance to win the game, and that (last) penalty gave them an opportunity to score a touchdown."

Smith piled on, clearly relishing his role in Hall's meltdown.

"He took a cheap shot at me," the receiver said. "That's the kind of player he is."

Hall's antics clearly turned the momentum in Carolina's favor, even though Delhomme went out on the next possession. He threw a short pass and quickly motioned to the sideline, even dropping to a knee before he could get there.
    So Hall basically gives up 72 yards (which in all likelihood would've gone to smith on the long touchdown throw anyway) and a touchdown.

Then he gets into it with his coach on the sideline.

THEN apparently he got his ass beat in the locker room by his team mates.

HALL BEAT UP IN FALCONS LOCKER ROOM?

There are uncorroborated rumors making the rounds that Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall was beat up, presumably by one or more teammates, following a Falcons loss that was fueled in part by Hall's inability to control his emotions.

After being flagged for a total of 37 yards on a second-half drive that the Panthers used to tie the game, Hall got into a sideline confrontation with coach Bobby Petrino.

We don't know for sure whether Hall was indeed roughed up or otherwise accosted by teammates after the game, but it wouldn't surprise us to find out that the rumor is true. Hall is a brash and outspoken member of the organization, and his Virginia Tech ties to Mike Vick probably have prompted some in the locker room to view him differently in the wake of Vick's legal troubles. Today's actions would have potentially been enough to get a frustrated Falcon to convert hostile feelings toward Hall into action.
    1st quote per NFL
    2nd quote per PFT

Discuss

this is terrible. Get rid of him, I'm thinking a trade to the lions.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

and those last two Penalties were really overreactions from the Ref, Smith was doing the same thing.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

LOL at Smith calling it a cheap shot? Did you watch the game? Did you see what happened. Hall pressed him at the line, like he was doing all night (in the process of holding him to 1 catch, 2 catches for 70 yards if you give the the P.I call) then, once he realised it was a run play he stopped. It's funny how you dont mention Smith's block in the back on Hall and his consequent push for 2-3 yards behind the LOS 3-4 seconds after the following play.

Now I'm the first to admit Hall an idiot sometimes and talks to much, ill even agree that he is over-rated and i thought he would get beat all night by Smith. However today against the panthers , is the best pure cover 'cornerback' i have ever seen him play. He held Steve Smith to 1 catch, that is almost unherd of.

....and yep, if we didnt have Hall there wouldnt of been those two personal foul penalties OR the Def pass interferance call, You wanna know why? Cause any other CB on our team and probably the entire league bar Champ Bailey would of been burned and givin up the TD to Smith on that Def pass interference play and not been in position to grab him. They also would not of been frustrating Smith enough throughout the night (through excellent play) to get enough under his skin to even utter a word of jawwing to Steve Smith and have him bite back.

Without Hall today we loose by 28 points at least. Lewis Sanders on Steve Smith is about a bigger mismatch between a big slow CB and an amazing small WR as you can get. Smith would of scored 3 TD's at least and 150+ yards. Dont belive me? does Houston have a top CB? No. What happened last week? But thats ok, cause none of those CB were in the game enough to have a competitive BS penatly against them because there were being schoolled so much by smith that their jaw was dragging along the turf and therefore they werent frustrating Steve Smith to the extent Hall was.

Either way the guy is still 23, 2 years younger than some of the rookie CB's that came out this year. He will learn from his mistakes, either way he did a great job on Smith.

Also PFT? are you serious? not quite the most reliable site. Especially in light of Lawyer Milloy calling hall "the best player on our defence" and saying that he had played awesome tonight
        Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

an this is why Deangelo Hall thinks he's the best corner in football? hmm....

Comment

From what I understand that PI penalty, could have gone either way. He effectively shut down one of the top receievers in the game, who was just coming off an amazing preformance. Say what you want, but DeAngelo is back on his way to that shutdown corner level.

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
              so how have the other CB's fared against Smith this season? or does 1 catch + a PI call equal 150yrds+ & 3 tds? What else is there to compare him too. We will see how many other corners limit Smith to 1 catch this year.
              Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

newman did it 2 yrs ago; smith had 1 catch at the end of the 3rd, smith got frustrated and got ejected

he gave up 2 touchdowns last year

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                  newman did it 2 yrs ago; smith had 1 catch at the end of the 3rd, smith got frustrated and got ejected

he gave up 2 touchdowns last year
                  great! the question was this year, try again.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

This was one of the worst called game I have ever watch.The refs clearly gave this game to Carolina and if your going to throw a flag it should have been on both of those guys not just D.Hall.Peppers was owned for the whole game though

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                      Do you expect him not to think he's the best?
                      Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

terriblecall, i was happy to see jeff king score though

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

Originally posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
                          terriblecall, i was happy to see jeff king score though
                          Yeah, I'm glad to see that the Panthers are finally using him. I still like DeAngelo Hall a lot.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

What are you guys talking about? DHall outside that one play locked Smith up, and for the most part has been shut down this whole season.

People are basing their opinions of him on his personality, opposed to his actual play on the field. He's been stellar so far on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              What are you guys talking about? DHall outside that one play locked Smith up, and for the most part has been shut down this whole season.

People are basing their opinions of him on his personality, opposed to his actual play on the field. He's been stellar so far on the field.
                              exactly what we were saying to the 'DeAngelo Sucks' crowd.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information