Week 3 WTFs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3 WTFs

1. Rex Grossman. WTF? Don't young QBs progress, especially when they show the flashes Rex did last year? Don't they get more consistent and learn from their mistakes. Apparently not. Good Rex has disappeared, possibly forever. Many of you might not be shocked, but I am, he was at least decent overall last year(all things considered).

2.The (S)aints. WTF? What happened to these guys? they had a great running game and passing game, a defense that was serviceable, and a winning record. Now they're 0-3, they can't move the ball and can't stop anyone. They quite simply, suck. I was expecting them to disappoint slightly, but still win the division.

3. The Titans. WTF? This team wasn't supposed to be good. They lost their best guy on D(arguably), Travis Henry(who was leading the league in rushing before last week), and their top 2 WR. But here they sit at 2-1, only loss coming barely to the defending champs. And it's not all Vince either, although he's been great in his role. Their OL is flat out pwning people out there, Haynesworth is dominating, and Bulluck is playing VERY well. I never thought they'd be as bad as some believed, but they're looking better than I thought.

4. San Diego FLUKEr Chargers? What happened to a team that I thought was one of the NFL's best? they've done nothing this year at all, getting whooped by NE and losing to GB. LT can't do anything, the defense isn't great, and Rivers has only gotten into rhythm last week. This is a serious head scratcher, folks.

5.The Broncos. A lot of people thought we'd be SB contenders. I thought we might win the division if we're lucky, but probably make wildcard. Well, we suck right now. The offense is driving, but not scoring. Nobody can pass on us, but my high school team could run on us. Our ST was horrible in week 1, and I haven't been able to see a game since then. We squeaked out two wins against teams that had no business being in the game, but got handled by the Jags, who are probably average at best. The rest of the AFC west sucks too, though, so we might still win it.

Feel free to add more.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

WTF(?)- Every team in the AFC South has a winning record, and is a combined 9-3. No other division in football can claim that. Also, the losses that the AFC South teams sustained were to other AFC South teams: Titans defeat Jaguars, Colts defeat Titans, Colts defeat Texans.

Data provided by TitanHope, yourfavstoner, and Dam8610 via the AFC South Discussion Thread.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
      1. Rex Grossman. WTF? Don't young QBs progress, especially when they show the flashes Rex did last year? Don't they get more consistent and learn from their mistakes. Apparently not. Good Rex has disappeared, possibly forever. Many of you might not be shocked, but I am, he was at least decent overall last year(all things considered).

2.The (S)aints. WTF? What happened to these guys? they had a great running game and passing game, a defense that was serviceable, and a winning record. Now they're 0-3, they can't move the ball and can't stop anyone. They quite simply, suck. I was expecting them to disappoint slightly, but still win the division.

3. The Titans. WTF? This team wasn't supposed to be good. They lost their best guy on D(arguably), Travis Henry(who was leading the league in rushing before last week), and their top 2 WR. But here they sit at 2-1, only loss coming barely to the defending champs. And it's not all Vince either, although he's been great in his role. Their OL is flat out pwning people out there, Haynesworth is dominating, and Bulluck is playing VERY well. I never thought they'd be as bad as some believed, but they're looking better than I thought.

4. San Diego FLUKEr Chargers? What happened to a team that I thought was one of the NFL's best? they've done nothing this year at all, getting whooped by NE and losing to GB. LT can't do anything, the defense isn't great, and Rivers has only gotten into rhythm last week. This is a serious head scratcher, folks.
      5.The Broncos. A lot of people thought we'd be SB contenders. I thought we might win the division if we're lucky, but probably make wildcard. Well, we suck right now. The offense is driving, but not scoring. Nobody can pass on us, but my high school team could run on us. Our ST was horrible in week 1, and I haven't been able to see a game since then. We squeaked out two wins against teams that had no business being in the game, but got handled by the Jags, who are probably average at best. The rest of the AFC west sucks too, though, so we might still win it.

Feel free to add more.
      One of the funny things about that game was that Marty still lived on in this team. The biggest example was the third drive in the second half where we repeated ran on first downs even though the pass was working. Heck Phil Simms himself said we should have PA on first downs because GB was expecting us to run the ball.

Comment

From a fantasy perspective, WTF happened to the top 3 picks in most drafts? Just more proof that fantasy leagues are won in the rounds following the 1st. Everybody knows who to pick in the 1st. Most of those picks are dictated to us by common sense. It's the foresight you use in the next few rounds that usually decides who wins. Predicting who will become great (statistically) is far more difficult and important than identifying who is/was great.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
          From a fantasy perspective, WTF happened to the top 3 picks in most drafts? Just more proof that fantasy leagues are won in the rounds following the 1st. Everybody knows who to pick in the 1st. Most of those picks are dictated to us by common sense. It's the foresight you use in the next few rounds that usually decides who wins. Predicting who will become great (statistically) is far more difficult and important than identifying who is/was great.
          Considering the top 4 Fantasy backs were supposed to be LT,LJ,SJ,FG, I say people who didn't know who to pick did better.

Comment

Originally posted by 255979119 View Post
            Considering the top 4 Fantasy backs were supposed to be LT,LJ,SJ,FG, I say people who didn't know who to pick did better.
            Sad but true...the people who ended up the best were the people who picked 5th-7th and "ended up" with Addai, outside of westy he's probably the most productive high draft pick thus far, and most people who got him took him by rule of elimination with the big 3 gone and more then likely alexander as well

and how about the Fact that Barber III is beating all of the big 4 in points this year by a huge margin

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

we're not married yet. thats my wtf

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                Sad but true...the people who ended up the best were the people who picked 5th-7th and "ended up" with Addai, outside of westy he's probably the most productive high draft pick thus far, and most people who got him took him by rule of elimination with the big 3 gone and more then likely alexander as well

and how about the Fact that Barber III is beating all of the big 4 in points this year by a huge margin
                I foresaw a big drop off for LT, LJ and Jackson, but not Gore.

I still went with Parker, Portis and Addai in some leagues where I was picking around the 6th and lower. I didn't have a shot at the top guys but I didn't really want it either.

Comment

WTF is going on with the Bills. Here's a good quote that describes us.

"We can't run. We can't pass. We can't stop the run. We can't stop the pass. We can't kick. Other than that, we're just not a very good football team right now."
                  -Bruce Coslet

(We also can call the right plays)

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                  my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                  But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

The Rams are just one big WTF themselves.

WTF? Is that seriously a NFL team?
                    WTF? The Browns, Chiefs, Raiders, and Vikings have more wins than them.

I could go on, but I'd end up going in a hole and crying.

Comment

Kevin Curtis had 200 yards receiving in the 1st half...if that's not WTF I don't know what is.
                      Cheers to Michigan winters...

Comment

Originally posted by JPLUFF View Post
                        Kevin Curtis had 200 yards receiving in the 1st half...if that's not WTF I don't know what is.
                        The jersey he was wearing was definately a WTF.

Comment

The Giants actually stopped someone.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            The Giants actually stopped someone.
                            Seriously, WTF.

Originally posted by Halsey
                            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
                              The Rams are just one big WTF themselves.

WTF? Is that seriously a NFL team?
                              WTF? The Browns, Chiefs, Raiders, and Vikings have more wins than them.

I could go on, but I'd end up going in a hole and crying.
                              Browns could have a record of 2-1...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAD MEMORIES.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information