Perception of Reggie Bush

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perception of Reggie Bush

Didn't see a thread for this, but I found Mike Freeman's article to be fairly intriguing.

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/10373639

Anyhow, short of it is that Freeman says that defensive coordinators think Reggie Bush is overrated (puts up a fairly intriguing list of overrated players, but that's for another thread).

Certainly, the story is far from written. Bush will get a chance to prove himself now that Deuce is out. I do expect Payton to switch up the offense a bit and spread things out a bit more.

But what are people's perceptions of Bush, then and now?

People remember where I stand. I liked him ... but didn't love him. It's interesting to note that, pure speed wise, Reggie Bush didn't have an exceptional time from what I remember. Adjusted, it was something like 4.4ish. I don't remember the exact shuttle or 3-cone time either. I think they were good, but not off the charts great. I thought the Texans made the right decision in passing on Reggie (although I thought they should've gone Vince ... ).

As for his NFL career, it's awfully early, but it seems hard to believe that Reggie Bush can suddenly become a quality everydown back. That said, people knew that coming in, so whether or not he's a disappointment is up to one's own perception, I guess.

Dunno ... just thought this was an interesting topic to discuss.

hes a glorified WR playing RB really

Comment

I dont see Bush getting the full load even now, I think people are underestimating the role Aaron Stecker is going to have with Deuce out.

Comment

i believe reggie ran a 4.33 at the USC pro day...not sure if it was adjusted tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ4faK6n7lE

Comment

a lot of people loved him during draft time including myself (i will admit it. unlike some) but people act as if he is still being "pimped" as the greatest ever.

Comment

i remember he tried to truck Pacman Jones, and got stood up, after that i relized he'll never be a "RB"

Comment

he ran his pro day time on track, in spandex shorts with the wind behind him...i think its more impressive when someone like calvin johnson can run a 4.35 at indy on the turf when he wasnt preparing to run...

but regardless, he has his chance now, but the media glorifies him so much its crazy..he's a RB, he should be doing way more then what he does, he cant do what you want a RB to do...

for all that he does for a team, he shouldnt of been drafted until the 2nd rd, not the #2 overall pick, he would of been a bust already by now if Houston took him, and he does have talent you cant deny that but he is way too over hyped getting commercials like peyton manning, yet he averaged 35 yds a game last yr and he plays RB...

for someone with so much big play ability and home run ability, he could only average 35 yds a game?? since when has a rookie rb had trouble rushing when he got to the league because I cant remember one...

the nfl and ads make him look like barry sanders which is sad, he was one of the best college players but when its all said and done he will be just a really fast and explosive NFL player without the tools to play the Rb position...does anyone watch how he tries to return punts still? or hb dives? he doesnt even have the basics down yet, i liked him coming out but he has dissapointed thus far and will be even worse with duece out...

he is averaging like 2.8 ypc this year, i have no reason to believe it gets better without someone like duece in there to wear the defense down, anytime your career rushing average is below 3 then you can be considered a bust, especially when you were known for having huge play ability

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Well I always laughed when people said that he was the next Marshall Faulk, obviously early in his career and we can't judge but I can't ever see him being a full time back.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Reggie Bush is fast, but he isn't world class fast. Basically he isn't that much faster than everyone in the NFL to pull the crap he did in college. I've never seen Reggie break a tackle. Seems like he goes down with every arm tackle. Probably due to his weak lower half. This was brought up a ton and should be repeated. Lack of height isn't a concern. The difference between someone like Jones-Drew and Bush is the mass in their legs. Right now Reggie has not shown anything to me that makes me believe he can be an every down back in this league. He can't run up the middle, he doesn't hit the hole and dances way too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
                    i remember he tried to truck Pacman Jones, and got stood up, after that i relized he'll never be a "RB"
                    and pac isn't even that big

Comment

Seems like the whole 2005 USC team is underachieveing (which hurts because of how much I love USC).

ie. leinart
                      bush
                      jarrett
                      byrd
                      bing
                      smith? (not sure bout that)
                      white (has looked ok, however)
                      rucker

I think the football gods are punishing each individual player for being deemed the greatest college football team ever. (except the linemen)

Comment

well he's regressed this year compared to late last year, if you watched him the last few games of 2006 and he was 10x better than he was early, his inside running skills looked completely fine as he was using his vision more and taking what was there. This year I think he (and everyone on the Saints for that matter) are just pressing. Another thing to keep in mind, is that this year the Saint's O-Line has been horrible in every facet so he really can't even be judged this year as he has had no where to run.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
                          well he's regressed this year compared to late last year, if you watched him the last few games of 2006 and he was 10x better than he was early, his inside running skills looked completely fine as he was using his vision more and taking what was there. This year I think he (and everyone on the Saints for that matter) are just pressing. Another thing to keep in mind, is that this year the Saint's O-Line has been horrible in every facet so he really can't even be judged this year as he has had no where to run.
                          stinchcomb(SP?) is garbage to the umpteth degree, Faine looks like his brown days, must be hurt, Brown is on 1 leg, Evans isnt a rookie anymore, and nesbit......i dont know, he played for Miami(?) so that must be bad

Comment

It really can't be understated how horrble the Saint's line and playcalling has been this year.

Comment

the holes up the middle just arent there anymore as they were late last year especially against the giants for reggie to run through so it forces him to try to make something out of nothing too often

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information