Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winston Justice's game last night....worst ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winston Justice's game last night....worst ever?

I'm just wondering, has anyone ever seen a worse game from a LT in their history of watching the NFL (no college stories, please)?

I mean, I'm a Cowboys fan, and I am coming from the unique perspective of a team that enjoyed the Torrin Tucker era at LT for 2/3 of a season.....with DREW BLEDSOE at QB, to boot. I have never seen anyone play the position that bad in 15 + years of watching the NFL religiously.

It's funny, because I was watching on NFL network's Top 10 most unbreakable records last week, and Derrick Thomas' 7 sack game was like 8 or 9 on the list, and everyone was going off about how no one even stood a chance at approaching it, let alone breaking it......and then here Osi Umenyiora is looking like a Reggie White and Deacon Jones hybrid on steroids not 7 days later.

Osi is a really good player, don't get me wrong, but he is by no means a bull rusher extraordinaire. After a while, he got to the point where he didn't even try to use his moves, he just lowered his head and ran right through Justice, time and time again.

Which begs the question: How on earth did the Eagles coaching staff allow him on the field? He couldn't possibly play well in practice and then come out and look that bad, they must have known going in that he would be a big-time liability. And, given that, how on earth could they have left him out there by himself against a Pro Bowl caliber pass rusher? No chip, no double, no pass-pro slide. All by himself.

So.....I'm eager to hear, has anyone ever witnessed worse?
    Originally posted by 21ST
    He was protecting his self
    Originally posted by tjsunstein
    From what? His leg?
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Leonard Davis was pretty close, I mean he wasn't 6 sacks bad but he was bad.

Comment

Closest thing I've ever seen is just about every game Kwame Harris played at RT.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

Comment

he allowed 5 sacks(Saw 3 that were against him for sure), Osi got one on a twist stunt where Mahe tried to block Osi, also its harder going from exclusivly RT, to LT, but people dont really care. Hes still got talent

edit- on a random note, i lovfe maple bars

Comment

He was weak, no doubt, but give the eagles coaches a slap, what the hell were they thinking, especially 4 sacks later...........wake up!! Your coaching a national football league game!!

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
            Leonard Davis was pretty close, I mean he wasn't 6 sacks bad but he was bad.
            yeah because he's a guard and you played him out of position.

Comment

no, never seen worse, Osi ran past him, bull-rushed him and everything in between. Terrible game, on the bright side he can only go up.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                yeah because he's a guard and you played him out of position.
                if ud played OLine before ud know that RT and LT are completly different possitions. Muscle memory doesnt help u when uve been a RT for 2 years then all of a sudden they throw u in a LT, they really should have helped him the whole night. If you write with ur right hand, try writing a 20 page story in handwriting with ur left. Some people can do it easier than others.
                Last edited by Green Bay Scat; 10-01-2007, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                  I'm just wondering, has anyone ever seen a worse game from a LT in their history of watching the NFL (no college stories, please)?

I mean, I'm a Cowboys fan, and I am coming from the unique perspective of a team that enjoyed the Torrin Tucker era at LT for 2/3 of a season.....with DREW BLEDSOE at QB, to boot. I have never seen anyone play the position that bad in 15 + years of watching the NFL religiously.

It's funny, because I was watching on NFL network's Top 10 most unbreakable records last week, and Derrick Thomas' 7 sack game was like 8 or 9 on the list, and everyone was going off about how no one even stood a chance at approaching it, let alone breaking it......and then here Osi Umenyiora is looking like a Reggie White and Deacon Jones hybrid on steroids not 7 days later.

Osi is a really good player, don't get me wrong, but he is by no means a bull rusher extraordinaire. After a while, he got to the point where he didn't even try to use his moves, he just lowered his head and ran right through Justice, time and time again.

Which begs the question: How on earth did the Eagles coaching staff allow him on the field? He couldn't possibly play well in practice and then come out and look that bad, they must have known going in that he would be a big-time liability. And, given that, how on earth could they have left him out there by himself against a Pro Bowl caliber pass rusher? No chip, no double, no pass-pro slide. All by himself.

So.....I'm eager to hear, has anyone ever witnessed worse?

I put it on Andy Reid. Ive seen alot of Justice since he was drafted (I desperately wanted the Giants to get him) and he's done a great job with everyone he's went against prior to last night. Ive seen him shut down plenty of good to solid DEs prior to this game.

But not giving a guy in his first start ANY help against one of the best DEs in the game is beyond me. Reid did a horrible job coaching last night.

I understand not sliding protection because of our defensive fronts, and stunting and blitzing, but at least chip the guy. Put a TE on that side. Do SOMETHING. Osi looked like a man possessed out there.

But let's not kill Justice for that game. Not entirely at least. He's a good player, he just got owned. And he got no help. Theres no way you let a guy get his first start against one of the best DEs in the game, and give him no help at all. That was idiotic.

Comment

Got to give a lot of credit to Osi last night, all it seemed like quite a few of his sacks were up the gut and not against Justice.

Still didn't play well, but worst ever is a little stretch

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                      Closest thing I've ever seen is just about every game Kwame Harris played at RT.

I can't blame him for the first one. The corner he was trying to block was half his size and ran around him in the openfield. It was funny seeing him do a face plant with no one around him though.
                      "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
                        if ud played OLine before ud know that RT and LT are completly different possitions. Muscle memory doesnt help u when uve been a RT for 2 years then all of a sudden they throw u in a LT, they really should have helped him the whole night. If you write with ur right hand, try writing a 20 page story in handwriting with ur left. Some people can do it easier than others.
                        i was talking about Leonard Davis, who was a guard and the Cards tried to make him a LT, and now that he's back to guard he was mauling people again.

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
                          Got to give a lot of credit to Osi last night, all it seemed like quite a few of his sacks were up the gut and not against Justice.

Still didn't play well, but worst ever is a little stretch
                          He stunted alot in that game. We were overloading the middle to get pressure on McNabb, and force him to roll out at our DEs.

It was a brilliant plan by Spags, force McNabb to scramble at our strength (the outside) by bringing pressure up the middle. He knew McNabb wasn't healthy enough to do that, and it was like shooting fish in a bucket for our defense.

And Reid did NOTHING to counter this. No screen passes, no max protect, nothing. Horrible job by Reid.

Comment

I couldn't agree more, and said as much in the Gameday thread. The Eagles offensive coaches, and Andy Reid especially, completely and shamefully dropped the ball. Playing at Giants Stadium is tough, especially on primetime, and I still can't believe how pathetic a job the coaches did last night.

Coincidentally, Colts rookie left tackle Tony Ugoh had his best game yet yesterday. The Colts have tweaked their offense to help him out, that's called good coaching or at least smart thinking. Cripes.

For me, this is yet another reason/incident for why Andy Reid needs to stop getting the pass that he does. Enough. He won division titles when the NFC East was piss-poor and the Eagles won the division last year because the Cowboys and Giants folded down the stretch. Defensive coordinator Jim Johnson has been/is the bigger contributing factor to the success of the Philadelphia Eagles than Reid, the defense this year has put the team in position to win all four games despite losing integral starters Lito Sheppard and Brian Dawkins.

We don't even need to mention the questionable decision-making he's made as the de facto general manager (thanks again for drafting Fred Ex over Reggie Wayne).
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post

that video is really sad to watch... he just looks completely lost, running around like an idiot

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information