NFC's Best Team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFC's Best Team?

With 2 teams at 4-0 and a few at 3-1, who is truly the team to beat in the NFC?

Dallas, yes they're 4-0 and they're offense is the best outside of New England and Indy. BUT the quality of teams they have played is horrible. The Giants, who knows what kind of team they truly are, and the Bears, Dolphins, and Rams are a combined 1-11.

Green Bay, are they for real? They beat 3 teams from the playoffs last year, but that was last year. They're defense is playing great, but one can only wonder how long the pack can run the spread in Lambeau. If they find a running game, they may be the team to beat.

Tampa Bay, they still have a good defense, a solid QB, but without Cadillac can they put together enough offense to compete for the NFC crown?

Detroit, come on. It's still Detroit, right?

Seattle, possibly the most talented team in the NFC, but an injury plagued season last year, and early injuries this year may cause them to fall again this year.

I'd like some opinions, but please no over-homerism and complaining about my analysis.
    Last edited by mittelstaedt2007; 10-02-2007, 01:25 PM.

Gotta be the Cowboys at this point. They're getting it done in all facets of the game and have crushed everybody they've played.

Comment

Originally posted by mittelstaedt2007 View Post
      It's obviously a 2-2 team known as the New York Giants!!!! =D

Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Packers or Cowboys.

Both have played a pretty weak schedule but the Cowboys offense is legit and will be tough to stop as long as they stay healthy. Packers D appears to be for real as well but without an emerging running game, I really question how they are going to play down the stretch. There are some teams on the fringe but those two are clearly at the top.

If I had to pick one I'd go with the Packers only because I always favor defense over offense but thats not to say I look down on the Cowboys because I have been overly impressed with them thus far.
        Originally posted by Paul
        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Was this question supposed to be hard?
          Peyton Manning Fanboy
          Originally posted by Complex
          They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

It's Dallas.. they're dominating.

Comment

At this point Dallas, they have it all together right now.

Comment

i'd say dallas

Comment

It rhymes with Bowfoys.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cowboys without a doubt. The way that the Packers can get to around their level is to have Vernand Morency and Brandon Jackson both back and healthy and playing well. Otherwise our offense can't compare to theirs. I do like our defense more though.

Comment

Originally posted by mittelstaedt2007 View Post

Dallas, yes they're 4-0 and they're offense is the best outside of New England and Indy. BUT the quality of teams they have played is horrible. The Giants, who knows what kind of team they truly are, and the Bears, Dolphins, and Rams are a combined 1-11.

I'd like some opinions, but please no over-homerism and complaining about my analysis.
                      Well you're free to sue me if you like, but I do have a small gripe. If you're going to illustrate your opinion that the Cowboys schedule has been weak thus far by posting their opponents' records, that's fine. But at least do so in the most meaningful way possible. The collective record of those 3 teams is indeed 1-11. But as far as we should be concerned when evaluating their collective strength against the Cowboys, they are 1-8. The losses to the Cowboys obviously came at the hands of the Cowboys themselves. Therefore, those losses are irrelevant to this discussion.

Comment

1. Dallas Cowboys

Romo has proved he's a legit pro-bowl QB. Their defense is playing at a high level. They have pounded every team they've played.

2. Green Bay Packers

Beat 3 playoff teams from last year. Their passing game is almost unstoppable at the moment. Emergence of a few players on defense has made the unit alot better.

3. Seattle Seahawks

Playing like pretty much everyone expected them. They do nothing special but they do every pretty well. Upcoming game against the Steelers should really show us how good they are.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Jon Gruden has ressurected the D. Jeff Garcia has yet to throw a INT and is playing like he did at the end of last year. After a week one loss to Seattle they've had 3 convincing wins in a row.

5. Washington Redskins/Detroit Lions/San Francisco 49ers/Arizona Cardinals/Chicago Bears

I think anyone of those teams could be there.
                        Last edited by JF4; 10-02-2007, 02:09 PM.

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                          Well you're free to sue me if you like, but I do have a small gripe. If you're going to illustrate your opinion that the Cowboys schedule has been weak thus far by posting their opponents' records, that's fine. But at least do so in the most meaningful way possible. The collective record of those 3 teams is indeed 1-11. But as far as we should be concerned when evaluating their collective strength against the Cowboys, they are 1-8. The losses to the Cowboys obviously came at the hands of the Cowboys themselves. Therefore, those losses are irrelevant to this discussion.
                          1-8 isn't a whole lot better than 1-11 you know...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                            1-8 isn't a whole lot better than 1-11 you know...
                            And the Packers opponents are a total of 4-11. By looking at records, both teams have played underachieving teams or teams that just suck. But I don't think that we should look at it like that, these teams are better than that.

Comment

4 games into the season isn't really a good indication of the quality of a team's schedule.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information