• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Power rankings...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerr...on=2007&week=5

2007 Power Rankings: Week 5

RK (LW) TEAM REC COMMENT

1 (1) Patriots 4-0-0 How consistent has the Patriots' offense been this season? They've scored in every one of their 16 quarters. In fact, the Pats have put up points in their last 36 quarters dating back to last season.

2 (2) Colts 4-0-0 The Colts could be facing some severe injury problems Sunday against Tampa Bay. WR Marvin Harrison, RB Joseph Addai, S Bob Sanders, TE Ben Utecht and LB Rob Morris are all banged up. Fortunately for Indy, the Bucs have injury problems of their own.

3 (3) Cowboys 4-0-0 We're not looking to rain on the Cowboys' 4-0 parade, but their four opponents have combined for three wins this season, and another lowly team awaits them Monday night in 1-3 Buffalo. We'll know how seriously to take this team on Oct. 14 vs. New England.

4 (6) Packers 4-0-0 Expect Brett Favre to slow down this month. Of his record 422 TDs, 87 have come in October -- the lowest total of any of the four primary regular-season months. How do the other months stack up? 1. September (117), 2. November (10 and 3. December (102).
    Discuss.
    Last edited by Ward; 10-03-2007, 02:59 AM.

Bad list. I think the Packers have proved by now they should be the number one team...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post
      Bad list. I think the Packers have proved by now they should be the number one team...
      LOL. Quote of the day.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

nfl power rankings are a joke. especially after only 4 weeks.

Comment

Could very easily be giving the Chargers to much credit just by placing them in the top 16....

I guess there's not to much I disagree with aside from nitpicking. Top three seem pretty clearcut to me....I think I'd maybe put the Titans a little lower, but I don't know who I'd put over them, and I'd maybe move Pitt up, but they just lost to AZ...

I'm not overly impressed with anyone except the unbeatens, Pitt and SEA. Everyone else I don't know where to put.

Comment

Redskins 2-1-0 Veteran WR Keenan McCardell, who just signed, should be able to offer help quickly. He knows Joe Gibbs' system, having been drafted by the Redskins in 1991.
            Not only does he know Joe Gibbs system, I hear Keenan stole Gibbs' date back in the 1400's, which led to the making of the movie A Knight's Tale.

Comment

I don't know what people see in Seattle. I have only watched them play the Cardinals but they didn't look good in that game. They put no pressure on Leinart and they could stop Edge.

Comment

I like the revolving door reference in discussing W. Justice.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I love their reasoning behind the packers slowing down in October.
                  As a matter of fact his TD passes will get less this month, because we have a bye!
                  Last 5 years Bye weeks:
                  2006 October Week 6
                  2005 October Week 6
                  2004 November Week 9
                  2003 October Week 8
                  2002 October Week 8
                  2001 October Week 7
                  2000 October Week 8
                  1999 October Week 4
                  1998 October Week 6
                  1997 October Week 8
                  1996 October Week 8
                  1995 October Week 5
                  1994 October Week 7
                  1993 September Week 3, October Week 7
                  1992 October Week 6

Source: JT-SW.com (look it up on google/yahoo dont type it in the URL box)

Thank You ESPN for abusing the facts, only a few times of the course of this list did I find that October had 5 games. This means that there were 15 games that easily couldve accounted for the 20 or so less TD's he threw in October. Not only this but the Pack have been notorious for starting off slow in Sep and heating up in Oct-Nov

Im now looking for big time rep!

Just the hit and run media trying to get us again.
                  Last edited by neko4; 10-02-2007, 07:01 PM.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I think ESPN saw those stats and wanted an excuse to mention it.
                    "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                      I love their reasoning behind the packers slowing down in October.
                      As a matter of fact his TD passes will get less this month, because we have a bye!
                      Last 5 years Bye weeks:
                      2006 October Week 6
                      2005 October Week 6
                      2004 November Week 9
                      2003 October Week 8
                      2002 October Week 8
                      2001 October Week 7
                      2000 October Week 8
                      1999 October Week 4
                      1998 October Week 6
                      1997 October Week 8
                      1996 October Week 8
                      1995 October Week 5
                      1994 October Week 7
                      1993 September Week 3, October Week 7
                      1992 October Week 6

Source: JT-SW.com (look it up on google/yahoo dont type it in the URL box)

Thank You ESPN for abusing the facts, only a few times of the course of this list did I find that October had 5 games. This means that there were 15 games that easily couldve accounted for the 20 or so less TD's he threw in October. Not only this but the Pack have been notorious for starting off slow in Sep and heating up in Oct-Nov

Im now looking for big time rep!

Just the hit and run media trying to get us again.
                      Good find Neko, never really thought about it that way.

Comment

How do they even have the Jets ABOVE the Bills???

the Bills beat them this past Sunday!!

Comment

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! #32!!!!! of 32. Thats great news.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                            denver is WAY to high. also, any nfc east team ranked higher than 25th besides dallas is completely overrated. the chargers suck, too.
                            I was upset to see Cinci ahead of Cleveland... I was upset to see alot of teams ahead of Cleveland that are TBH.

Comment

How can the Saints, who haven't won a game, be ranked ahead of a team that has (Buffalo)?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information