Detroit at Washington 1:00 PM
    Tampa Bay at Indianapolis 4:05 PM
    San Diego at Denver 4:15 PM
    Baltimore at San Francisco 4:15 PM
    Chicago at Green Bay 8:15 PM

Monday, October 8
    Dallas at Buffalo 8:30 PM

Discuss!
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Teams are starting to separate and this week should go along way in determining who the top 5 teams in each conference are.

Comment

That Indy-Tampa game intrigues me. Not just because of their records but the two most well known Tampa 2 coaches within football, Monte Kiffin and Tony Dungy are in it. I wanna see if the Tampa defense is for real as their rankings show. Interesting game. According to the Distribution maps I'll be seeing that one at 3 pm on fox. http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2007-05-FOX.html.

If the Colts, Cowboys, Packers, Steelers win they all but clinch the playoffs (Patriots already have). It's a forgone conclusion barring a full blown collapse. I wouldn't say that normally but look at all the teams struggling and look at where half the teams we thought were good are at, of course some will rebound but this start hurts their cause big time. We might see more teams clinch spots early than we ever have before.
      I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
        If the Colts, Cowboys, Packers, Steelers win they all but clinch the playoffs (Patriots already have). It's a forgone conclusion barring a full blown collapse. I wouldn't say that normally but look at all the teams struggling and look at where half the teams we thought were good are at, of course some will rebound but this start hurts their cause big time. We might see more teams clinch spots early than we ever have before.
        I really don't know how you can say that when we've seen so many teams look so good early in the season and then just fall apart. Especially the Steelers. I think they will win the division, but to say that they clinch it this weekend is crazy.

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Clinch the playoffs in Week 5? I have to heartily disagree, it's a long season and things can happen.

I haven't seen as much of Tampa yet as I would have liked, so this weekend's game is a good chance to focus on them and see how they are - minus Cadillac Williams and Luke Petitgout unfortunately. Admittedly, I like the Colts' chances in this game.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
            I really don't know how you can say that when we've seen so many teams look so good early in the season and then just fall apart. Especially the Steelers. I think they will win the division, but to say that they clinch it this weekend is crazy.
            Yeah after this weekend the AFC North looks pretty wide open

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
              Yeah after this weekend the AFC North looks pretty wide open
              I agree, I'm a Stillers fan but i think the division is as open now as its been in years, i wouldn't be supprised if the division wasn't won untill week 17 Steelers v Ravens.

Comment

I didn't say they will clinch this weekend (nothing is automatic), I said they all but clinch. I also didn't say anything about clinching divisions which is the ultimate playoff spot. I understand it's too early for that. But even if you go 4-1 the first 5, then 5 wins 6 losses the final 11 games you're still at 9-7. And 9-7 teams are in the playoffs all the time. Last year 4 of the 12 playoff teams had a 9-7 or 8-8 record. 2005 had none. 2004 had 3 of 12 with 9-7 or 8-8 record. 2003 had none. 2002 had 3 of 12 as 9 win teams.

Just last year alone this is each playoff team in their first 5 games: Chargers 4-1, Ravens 4-1, Colts 5-0, Patriots 4-1, Jets 2-3, Chiefs 2-3, Bears 5-0, Saints 4-1, Eagles 4-1, Seahawks 4-1, Cowboys 3-2, Giants 3-2.

Only 2 teams went 4-1 or better and didn't make the playoffs: Broncos 4-1, Rams 4-1.

In an ordinary year the Broncos would have made the playoffs. The AFC was amazingly strong having 11 of the 16 teams with 8-8 or better records! The Chiefs won the tiebreaker over the Broncos. And the Rams, yes they collapsed and still had a shot at the playoffs, after going 4-1 the first 5 games they proceeded to lose 5 in a row and ended up 8-8 in a 4 team tie for the final spot, the Giants got the tiebreaker.

What I did isn't any different than predicting playoff teams before the season, except that it's 4 or 5 weeks after.

If I'm saying some teams will be in the playoffs on October 3rd, how is that too early when so many of us are making predictions or in some cases putting a guarantee on it way back in August(or earlier)?

I was really expanding on what Moses said, that teams are separating themselves from others right now.
                I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

I think this is a big game between the Steelers and the Seahawks this week. Not because of the Superbowl Xl rematch because many of the key players are gone on both sides, but because the winner comes out 4-1 and the loser leaves 3-2. Thats a big difference in divisions like the AFCN and NFCW where the division is fairly wide open.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

My prediction for offensive player of the week:Gus Freotte!

Comment

Yes, another week where Norv can get us embarassed in front of a divisional rival...I can't wait.

Comment

I hope I'm not going against anyone that's starting Tom Brady this week.. or Randy Moss.. Could get ugly in New England on Sunday.

Comment

Couple of difficult decisions to make in the Pick Em pool.

Jacksonville @ Kansas City - I'm kind of leaning towards the Jaguars.. Garrard has actually looked like a capable starting QB the past couple of games and they actually have a Corner in Rashean Mathis who can match up with Dwayne Bowe in single coverage. However these are exactly the type of games the Jaguars lose. The Chiefs are at Home, and they generally play much better at Arrowhead, not too mention it looks like they are a team that has rebounded and managed to regain some confidence winning 2 straight.

Seattle @ Pittsburgh - Super Bowl XL re-match, both teams are 3-1 with their lone loss coming to the Cardinals. If this game was in Qwest I think I'd take Seattle, however in Pittsburgh I'm not so sure. I question how well Seattle moves the ball against that Defense, also not sure if we'll see the Ben thats prone to throw Interceptions, or the efficient Ben from the first couple of games this season.

San Diego @ Denver - Whew the Bolts are going through a tough stretch, and playing at Mile High at this moment doesn't seem like the cure. However I wonder if writing off the Chargers for this game is premature, and foolish. Can Cutler take advantage of that porous secondary, will he have Javon Walker back?

Comment

I don't know if I should say this and jinx them but I think the Saints could pull their first win off this weekend.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              I don't know if I should say this and jinx them but I think the Saints could pull their first win off this weekend.
                              ******* A, I am scared we might be the lone winless team by weeks end. I am nervous about the Panthers with David Carr and the Texans just lost to the Falcons, so why not the Dolphins?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information