No Class

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Class

I am guessing that most of you have seen that Trent Green got severely hurt today. The play was a broken play. I believe the play was an end around, but there was nothing there. The WR stopped and began to reverse field. A defensive lineman was in pursuit of the WR. Green came across the field to make a block. He lowered his body and effectively took his man out of the play, but the dlineman's knee hit Green in the head. Green was laying motionless on the ground and the Houston defensive lineman got up and taunted a motionless Green. That may have been the most disgusting act I have seen someone do in a football game. I am not sure if this is threadworthy, but I feel it is. I just thought I would inform everyone of one of the lowest class moves to ever happen in the NFL.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

While Travis Johnson is an idiot, and his actions and words definitely convey that, I do see why he was so mad. Trent Green made a stupid and cheap play.

Comment

Absoutely an illegal block by Trent Green and he got what he deserved. Just like last year, when he could have gone out of bounds but foolishly didn't. I can't feel sympathy for the guy for making boneheaded decisions.

At least go above the knee, for the thigh area. Cripes. Johnson is luckily he wasn't seriously injured.
      Last edited by Geo; 10-08-2007, 01:03 AM.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

If someone was putting your career in jeopardy with a cheap cut block you would be angry too.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
          Absoutely an illegal block by Trent Green and he got what he deserved. Just like last year, when he could have gone out of bounds but foolishly didn't. I can't feel sympathy for the guy for making boneheaded decisions.

At least go above the knee, for the thigh area. Cripes. Johnson is luckily he wasn't seriously injured.
          Wow...He got what he deserved? Are you joking, first of all, last year he began his slide and Geathers hit him on the way down, how did he deserve that? Also, even though it was illegal, how does he deserve a concussion...That's like saying a lineman who gets called for holding deserves a broken hand. He's just playing football, you can't fault the guy for that

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
          Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

I said this in the previous thread, quarterbacks block like this all the time. If Brett Favre made that play he'd be considered a team player and "gritty".

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
              If someone was putting your career in jeopardy with a cheap cut block you would be angry too.

Exactly the right point here. Green's play was bone-headed in two ways:

1. it was a cheap shot, in the vein of Warren Sapp on Chad Clifton, George Foster on Tony Williams, etc. Completely unnecessary blind side cut blocking.

2. Why is a QB with concussion issues going down low on someone?

Comment

i agree, he got what he deserved, if you dive at another mans knees you deserve what ever you get. Now did he deserve to get taunted? probaly not but I can defiantly see Johnson's frustrations for Green diving at his knees. What if he would have broken Johnson leg on the block?

After loooking further at the tape Johnson had every right to taunt him, and i'm actually shocked Johnson didn't break his leg, as that is the angle cut blocks usually cause the break.
                Last edited by energizerbunny; 10-08-2007, 01:19 AM.

Comment

If he didn't go low in the first place, his head wouldn't have collided full-on with a defensive tackle's knee.

As for last year, Green absolutely could have gone out of bounds. But he chose to stay inside and more importantly slide late.

If you want to feel sorry for the guy for getting ****ed up thanks to his decisions, fine. Go for it. I'm not however, Green was fully and absolutely responsible for putting himself in both situations where he ended up being taken away on a stretcher. Situations which he easily could have and are regularly avoided in the league today.

Comment

Originally posted by energizerbunny View Post
                    After loooking further at the tape Johnson had every right to taunt him, and i'm actually shocked Johnson didn't break his leg, as that is the angle cut blocks usually cause the break.

Had Johnson's leg been planted it's possible that both he and Green's careers would have been ended because of one play.

Comment

It was classless plain and simple.cheap shot or not is'nt the point.to say someone deserved to get carried off the field on a stretcher is sad and ridiculous.I wish Trent nothing but the best and Travis Johnson well let's say he beeter hope noone reacts the same way if that was him in that same situation

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                        It was classless plain and simple.cheap shot or not is'nt the point.to say someone deserved to get carried off the field on a stretcher is sad and ridiculous.I wish Trent nothing but the best and Travis Johnson well let's say he beeter hope noone reacts the same way if that was him in that same situation

Well, basically Green tried to cheap shot Johnson and he ended up being the one hurt. If you have ever played football and been cut blocked going full speed from the side or even straight ahead you would know the frustration/anger Johnson felt on that play. He was probally overjoyed that Green was hurt on that play because he attempted one of the dirtiest things you can do on the field.

Comment

Let me state that I obviously hope Green recovers fully and immediately. But the result was what it was, in both cases, thanks to Green himself, I feel.

This wasn't roided-up Shawne Merriman ending Priest Holmes' career with a neck injury.

Comment

I've lost all respect for Travis Johnson. You just don't taunt a motionless player on the ground, regardless of what they did to you. And the stupid comments he made after the game, like "God don't like ugly" really make me question his intelligence.

Comment

I think both were in the wrong. Trent tried to throw an illegal block and Travis was acting like an ass. With that said, what Travis did was rather deplorable.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information