The Official Bash Ted Ginn Jr Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Bash Ted Ginn Jr Thread.

Well I dunno about others around here but it's gets pretty annoying to see the immaturity of the comments that come out of people's mouths the very second the name Ted Ginn is mentioned. It even happens in threads that has nothing to do with him. I figured I'd open up a thread and let y'all get it out of your system.

I feel bad for the kid too. He's been basically condemned by people here the very second he was chosen. Like it's his fault he was taken so high. Maybe it's just me but I'm frustrated of seeing him get bashed all up on down these boards when guys like Robert Meachem can't even play well enough to see the field. How many of you all know that Ginn had a 52 yard kick return and a nice 36 yard reception last week? I'm willing to bet only a handful of you saw them.

But here you go guys, let the bashing begin.

He could have been Brady Quinn, instead they got Trent 'scrambled brain' Green. Plus, there are lower round selections doing exactly/more than what he is doing. (Yamon Figures, and I forget some others)

Comment

I like Ted Ginn. and I liked the pick. Call me what you want, it's my opinion. I think he'll be good for the Dolphins.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
        He could have been Brady Quinn, instead they got Trent 'scrambled brain' Green. Plus, there are lower round selections doing exactly/more than what he is doing. (Yamon Figures, and I forget some others)
        So by that logic Quinn and Russell should be bashed just as much because Trent Edwards is doing alot more then they are and either one of those picks could have been Dwayne Bowe who is playing great. How come Quinn and Russell don't get torn apart by fans?

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
          How many of you all know that Ginn had a 52 yard kick return and a nice 36 yard reception last week?
          And that folks highlights his first month in the NFL...like ive said, people are probably upset because

A.) they needed a franchise qb, and quinn may end up being a bust but im sure they would of prefered to live and die with that pick more so then basically getting a special teams player

B.) Like ive said guys who were drafted ALOT later, have been doing exactly what the Dolphins wanted Ginn to do, except doing it ALOT better...jacoby jones will be a hell of alot better then Ginn, he already is a better punt returner, better with the ball in his hands, runs better routes, and in his minimal time at WR before he got hurt he was looking explosive as hell...Yamon Figurs is a better return guy, the list goes on and on...

not so much that Miami passed on Quinn, but for what they got with a top 10 pick, people were pissed off for a reason, Ginn has made no impact to their team, he hasnt even showed me brief flashes of brilliance, maybe a return that almost went to the house, or a few deep td passes, nothing...he looks slow out there, he's almost like reggie bush last yr in that he pays too much attention to running backwards and sideways and wont hit the hole...

i personally dont care how he turns out because its not my team, but I can feel for the fans...Id be pissed of my team took an average special teams guy at #9, Miami would of been better off drafting anything on defense, and taken any of the wrs who went late, and hell trade for Allen Rossum if your looking for a spark, dont use your top 10 pick on a guy who isnt going to make an impact...

is he a bust? No. Not yet, may never be, but has he shown ANYTHING on the field to show you a glimpse of what he has to offer one day? No. At least Bush did that his first year, ive yet to see anything exciting or noteworthy from Ginn

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            And that folks highlights his first month in the NFL...like ive said, people are probably upset because

A.) they needed a franchise qb, and quinn may end up being a bust but im sure they would of prefered to live and die with that pick more so then basically getting a special teams player

B.) Like ive said guys who were drafted ALOT later, have been doing exactly what the Dolphins wanted Ginn to do, except doing it ALOT better...jacoby jones will be a hell of alot better then Ginn, he already is a better punt returner, better with the ball in his hands, runs better routes, and in his minimal time at WR before he got hurt he was looking explosive as hell...Yamon Figurs is a better return guy, the list goes on and on...

not so much that Miami passed on Quinn, but for what they got with a top 10 pick, people were pissed off for a reason, Ginn has made no impact to their team, he hasnt even showed me brief flashes of brilliance, maybe a return that almost went to the house, or a few deep td passes, nothing...he looks slow out there, he's almost like reggie bush last yr in that he pays too much attention to running backwards and sideways and wont hit the hole...

i personally dont care how he turns out because its not my team, but I can feel for the fans...Id be pissed of my team took an average special teams guy at #9, Miami would of been better off drafting anything on defense, and taken any of the wrs who went late, and hell trade for Allen Rossum if your looking for a spark, dont use your top 10 pick on a guy who isnt going to make an impact...

is he a bust? No. Not yet, may never be, but has he shown ANYTHING on the field to show you a glimpse of what he has to offer one day? No. At least Bush did that his first year, ive yet to see anything exciting or noteworthy from Ginn
            Because you've watched the games right? I've watched every single game this year, and the first 2 games Ginn didn't see the field other than Kick and Punt returns. If you didn't know we have one of the worst special teams coaches in the league. I can't stand the guy. There are no lanes. Yes I will say Ginn did a little dancing at the first couple games. But if you actually watched the Texans Dolphins game you would see 1) he's starting to get a lot better with his dancing, hence his 52 yard return. And 2) he was finally put on the field, and when he was out there he actually did well. He could of had a nice deep TD where he had seperation from the DB, but the ball was underthrown and the DB had a nice pass breakup. His 36 yard catch he had great hands and great speed to get seperation. He's playing well when put out at Wide reciever, but for some reason Cam doesn't want to put him out there.
            Last edited by Finz99; 10-10-2007, 11:15 PM.

Comment

i suggested this just so i dont have to see Teddy Ginn crap in other threads, so please if u want to bash him in anything just do it here, just say u did it here.

Comment

You should have gone to a better college Tedd Ginn. If you hadnt gone to Ohio State you would probably be awesome right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerv View Post
                  You should have gone to a better college Tedd Ginn. If you hadnt gone to Ohio State you would probably be awesome right now.
                  yea like cal....

Comment

Ginn didn't catch the ball because he didn't get seperation from the DB. Then he tried to catch it with one hand because he couldn't adjust to the ball and catch it. While he's not terrible on returns like he was at the beginning of the year (he seriously looked like he was jogging) he isn't even close to being the best rookie return man. Good job he finally had one decent return, and he caught a wide open pass that anyone in the league would have been open on. Ginn sucks so far, others are doing better, thats why he's getting picked on. People hated the pick then, and Ginn sure isn't helping the cause. Can Ginn develop, sure, but making a thread because people bash him, OMG why are they so mean, STOP PICKING ON TED, WHAT DID HE EVER DO TO YOU. Our front office is probably the worst in football right now, the Ginn picked sucked, you hated it at first, don't support him now because people point out he's doing squat.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

So I guess none of the players drafted on defense during the 1st 4 rounder were good picks because Mark Anderson had a better rookie season then all of them. All 32 teams messed up their picks on defense last year before they passed on Mark Anderson. That's flawed logic. It's 5 games into the rookie season for all these players. Some people develope faster then others and in the NFL you can have anyone outplay anyone for a 5 game span. Did anyone really think Ward the RB from the Giants would be in the top 10 for rushing yards right now?

maybe a return that almost went to the house, or a few deep td passes, nothing...
                      Reggie Bush hadn't done anything like that at this time last season and he was considered the greatest thing since sliced bread. Why the double standard for Ginn?

is he a bust? No. Not yet, may never be, but has he shown ANYTHING on the field to show you a glimpse of what he has to offer one day? No.
                      You obviously have not watched a Dolphins game all season. You might not have seen flashes because you don't watch him. He looked good on his deep catch last game and his returns are slowly getting better and better. His speed is out of this world. I can't believe you said he looks slow out there. He has actually looked very fast on his routes and returns. He has shown flashes, his opportunities have just been very limited and he has been treated as the scape goat for the Dolphins being a bad team.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                        Ginn didn't catch the ball because he didn't get seperation from the DB. Then he tried to catch it with one hand because he couldn't adjust to the ball and catch it. While he's not terrible on returns like he was at the beginning of the year (he seriously looked like he was jogging) he isn't even close to being the best rookie return man. Good job he finally had one decent return, and he caught a wide open pass that anyone in the league would have been open on. Ginn sucks so far, others are doing better, thats why he's getting picked on. People hated the pick then, and Ginn sure isn't helping the cause. Can Ginn develop, sure, but making a thread because people bash him, OMG why are they so mean, STOP PICKING ON TED, WHAT DID HE EVER DO TO YOU. Our front office is probably the worst in football right now, the Ginn picked sucked, you hated it at first, don't support him now because people point out he's doing squat.
                        My problem with Ginn getting picked on is that even though he hasn't done much, there are others that have done absolutely nothing. Meachem hasn't seen the field. Hell Russell didn't even sign his contract in time to play. Gaines Adams has done nothing. Just wondering why all the hate for Ted Ginn when others (some picked higher even) haven't done anything either.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                          dude I've supported him from the moment we drafted him. I don't flip flop like other people. And i'll continue to support him through his FIRST YEAR of professional football. If he turns out to be like Jason Allen, then oh well, I was wrong. If he turns out to be like Ronnie Brown, then hell yea. I'm not gonna flip out and lose faith in the pick I supported until he's atleast out of hsi first year.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
                            My problem with Ginn getting picked on is that even though he hasn't done much, there are others that have done absolutely nothing. Meachem hasn't seen the field. Hell Russell didn't even sign his contract in time to play. Gaines Adams has done nothing. Just wondering why all the hate for Ted Ginn when others (some picked higher even) haven't done anything either.
                            its the fact they took such a big chance. I could care less cause hes not a packer or a cardinal

Comment

Originally posted by Finz99 View Post
                              dude I've supported him from the moment we drafted him. I don't flip flop like other people. And i'll continue to support him through his FIRST YEAR of professional football. If he turns out to be like Jason Allen, then oh well, I was wrong. If he turns out to be like Ronnie Brown, then hell yea. I'm not gonna flip out and lose faith in the pick I supported until he's atleast out of hsi first year.
                              He was talking about me. I hated that we picked Ginn over Quinn when it happened. But Ginn is on my team so I support him. I just think the way he gets trashed on here is out of hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information