Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheme Changers

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ike&id=3056630

Interesting article. Thoughts? Your own lists?

I don't see what the big deal is with Dwight Freeney. He should be in the group with Roy Williams and not where he is.

Comment

That was a very good read. Things I liked:

Tony Gonzalez, TE, Chiefs
      Player: "They are not as creative as they were. Herm Edwards has sucked the life out of that offense."
      2. Adalius Thomas, LB, Patriots
      Scout: "He gives them versatility, but he's not a great rusher. He's a straight-line guy, a strider, not a young Junior Seau with bend. He gets cut and he's on the ground quite a bit. There's a lot of hype with this guy and I don't see it."

Comment

Gates has been pretty much unstoppable this year. It's really the only thing I like Norv for so far; Cam let Gates disappear too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
          Gates has been pretty much unstoppable this year. It's really the only thing I like Norv for so far; Cam let Gates disappear too much.
          Gates and the coaching staff have been on a mission this year. He scares me.

Comment

Adrian Wilson should definitely be on this list, imagine the number he would put up if he was unaccounted for

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
              Adrian Wilson should definitely be on this list, imagine the number he would put up if he was unaccounted for
              12. Adrian Wilson, S, Cardinals
              Scout: "I would not change the plan for any safety because of the nature of the position. Wilson is a solid, but not spectacular pro. I give very few safeties top grades, but would he start for 28 of 32 teams? Yeah. Good pro."
              He is on a list...

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                That was a very good read. Things I liked:
                why do u like the negative on Thomas? If you've watched him..you'd see more side to side then straight line speed. His INT and deflections were quickness and reading the play. not running straight to make plays. hes our leading tackler and overrated how so? Hes covered extremely well..played the run very well and he had a pick 6. Teams havent run up the middle or right side..its been left(offenses's left) at Green/Colvin and were still a top 5-10 run defense even though we've missed tackles. oh and hes a very good pass rusher...playing inside though he hasnt show cased it.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                  why do u like the negative on Thomas? If you've watched him..you'd see more side to side then straight line speed. His INT and deflections were quickness and reading the play. not running straight to make plays. hes our leading tackler and overrated how so? Hes covered extremely well..played the run very well and he had a pick 6. Teams havent run up the middle or right side..its been left(offenses's left) at Green/Colvin and were still a top 5-10 run defense even though we've missed tackles.
                  i didnt read that, and dont have to, to know that is says

"Blah blah blah, Patriots do nothing wrong ever and are the bestest thing ever. We didnt cheat, it wasnt wrong"
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

They are missing some QB's. Obviously Michael Vick was one of the most gameplanned players ever. But now that he is not around it's not dead. Vince Young is probably the most gameplanned QB for his feet. But you still have guys like Tony Romo that you must keep in the pocket because of their abillity to destroy you outside of the pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                      They are missing some QB's. Obviously Michael Vick was one of the most gameplanned players ever. But now that he is not around it's not dead. Vince Young is probably the most gameplanned QB for his feet. But you still have guys like Tony Romo that you must keep in the pocket because of their abillity to destroy you outside of the pocket.
                      If I interpreted what this article was about I think this has more to do with adjusting your scheme and mixing up coverages rather than just telling your D-Lineman to "mush rush." I don't think there is a team in the NFL worried about mixing up coverages to confuse Vince Young as a passer.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        If I interpreted what this article was about I think this has more to do with adjusting your scheme and mixing up coverages rather than just telling your D-Lineman to "mush rush." I don't think there is a team in the NFL worried about mixing up coverages to confuse Vince Young as a passer.
                        If this is the case which it must be I'd definately understand. By picking the two smartest QB's on the field it really makes sense. If I had to add another QB to gameplan for THIS YEAR.

It would be Brett Farve...he is seemingly has an audible everyplay. I would show something and play something different. With the routes he has been throwing effective this year...I would be showing my LB's blitzing and dropping them wide on the outside to take away the quick slant that is almost automatic in Green Bay this year.

Comment

definitely a good read.

love the Roy Williams insight

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                            Gates and the coaching staff have been on a mission this year. He scares me.
                            This should have been Vernon Davis. Damn Norv for leaving us in the cold.

And as far as Adalius goes. He is absolutely a great player because he is good at everything, but I don't think he is so dominant in any one aspect that requires the team to game plan around him. I don't think his passrush is anything dominant (ie. he is no Merriman) but he can certainly consistently get good pressure against a TE or a Back. I can't even tell whether he is amazing at pass coverage because the Pats scheme is so good, he certainly has the speed for it, I don't know about the agility, ever time I've seen him play he seems like a downhill player.

Teams don't have to have a game plan for him, but they need to know where he is.

Comment

Originally posted by no love View Post
                              This should have been Vernon Davis. Damn Norv for leaving us in the cold.

And as far as Adalius goes. He is absolutely a great player because he is good at everything, but I don't think he is so dominant in any one aspect that requires the team to game plan around him. I don't think his passrush is anything dominant (ie. he is no Merriman) but he can certainly consistently get good pressure against a TE or a Back. I can't even tell whether he is amazing at pass coverage because the Pats scheme is so good, he certainly has the speed for it, I don't know about the agility, ever time I've seen him play he seems like a downhill player.

Teams don't have to have a game plan for him, but they need to know where he is.
                              Good point about Davis', that sucks a lot for them.

Thomas has never not played in a great scheme.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information