No announcement yet.

Where have all of the elite backs gone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have all of the elite backs gone?

AKA The elite back excuse thread.

This thread is for all of the people who are fans of elite backs* such as Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Shaun Alexander, Ladanian Tomlinson, and Larry Johnson.

Where have our elite backs gone? Post the reasons why your elite back is not performing. Is it injuries, line play, game plan, etc.

Frank Gore: It's the same problems the 49ers have always had. A lot of people want to blame Hostler, but I really blame the lack of a deep threat or even a threat on the outside. Our Wrs are doing just about everything wrong from dropping passes, to running bad routes. Say what you want about Antonio Bryant, but he blocked well on the outside and provided the niners with a deep threat to make safeties think twice. The line hasn't been THAT bad, but now defenses don't have to worry about anyone except for Frank Gore.

*Note: The only other backs that I considered elite, that are not on this list are Brian Westbrook and Willie Parker. But if you want to say why your back is not performing go right ahead.

Originally posted by no love View Post
    AKA The elite back excuse thread.

This thread is for all of the people who are fans of elite backs* such as Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Shaun Alexander, Ladanian Tomlinson, and Larry Johnson.

Where have our elite backs gone? Post the reasons why your elite back is not performing. Is it injuries, line play, game plan, etc.

Frank Gore: It's the same problems the 49ers have always had. A lot of people want to blame Hostler, but I really blame the lack of a deep threat or even a threat on the outside. Our Wrs are doing just about everything wrong from dropping passes, to running bad routes. Say what you want about Antonio Bryant, but he blocked well on the outside and provided the niners with a deep threat to make safeties think twice. The line hasn't been THAT bad, but now defenses don't have to worry about anyone except for Frank Gore.

*Note: The only other backs that I considered elite, that are not on this list are Brian Westbrook and Willie Parker. But if you want to say why your back is not performing go right ahead.
    times have changed and some of them u mentioned arent elite any longer due to several reasons such as age, injuries, O-Line, supporting cast, etc

Comment

I wouldn't say Frank Gore is an elite back yet, but it depends on the definition. He's only had one great year. The other players listed have had two or more great years.
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Well then who would you consider elite?

Comment

LT and Westbrook are the only RBs i can see as ELITE

Comment

I've always considered Ronnie Brown better than people have given him credit for. If he keeps this season up, I think he may make his way toward "elite" status.
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
              LT and Westbrook are the only RBs i can see as ELITE
              Westbrook? Seriously? How can you be elite if you can't run between the tackles?

I think right now the only ones you can really say are elite are Joseph Addai and Willie Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                I've always considered Ronnie Brown better than people have given him credit for. If he keeps this season up, I think he may make his way toward "elite" status.
                AGREED. hes a beast with freakish ability at a coveted position and doin this all on a crappy team

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                  Westbrook? Seriously? How can you be elite if you can't run between the tackles?

I think right now the only ones you can really say are elite are Joseph Addai and Willie Parker.
                  its not always about the numbers u know lol

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                    its not always about the numbers u know lol
                    lol says the person who says Brian Westbrook is elite. He's all about numbers. Parker and Addai are the only ones who have really been consistently good this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                      When was the last time you saw Brian Westbrook play?

Comment

I consider Lamont Jordan elite.
                        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by no love
                          Well then who would you consider elite?
                          Tomlinson, Alexander, and L. Johnson are the only ones I consider to be
                          "Elite." I would have put Jackson in that category if he would have had a good year. Frank Gore, as I said, had one great year.

When discussing the Top 5 RB's in the NFL last year, then yeah, I have no problem with your opinion.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I kidnapped all of them and replaced them with clones that sucked.
                            As a packer fan i feel jealous that all these teams have elite backs...
                            Next on my list:
                            Westbrook
                            Parker
                            Addai
                            Portis
                            Brown

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                              When was the last time you saw Brian Westbrook play?
                              we can all just look at your sig and see for ourselves :p

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information