No announcement yet.

Schottenheimer and Parcells GM (Rumor)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schottenheimer and Parcells GM (Rumor)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

There's talk in league circles that former Chargers, Redskins, Chiefs, and Browns head coach Marty Schottenheimer wants to return to the NFL. But not as a head coach.

The scuttlebutt is that Marty wants to come back as a General Manager.

It wouldn't be the first time that a former coach looked to move upstairs, and Schottenheimer (if the rumors are true) wouldn't be the only former chef who's currently looking to only be the guy who buys the groceries. Bill Parcells is believed to be interested in coming back to the NFL in a G.M.-only role.

Parcells has a good eye for talent, but he would have to surround himself with good people that understand the semantics of contract negotiations and what not.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Eh, not suprised Marty would be interested, he liked trying to do a lot of this as a HC....like bf51 said for Parcells though, he would need a lot of people around him to ensure he properly negotiated contracts and what not...

Comment

parcells would be a great gm. but i think he only wants to do it in NY.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyz View Post
          parcells would be a great gm. but i think he only wants to do it in NY.
          BBD's dream come true.

Comment

werent there already rumors during last season when he was still coaching the cowboys that he was gonna step down after the season to fill the vacant job to be the NYG GM? anyways now thats spots taken and i dont know many other places he would consider.

Comment

I would love to see Marty as the Chargers GM

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Parcells has a good eye for talent, but he would have to surround himself with good people that understand the semantics of contract negotiations and what not.
                Agreed.

I'd love to have Parcells eye for Talent, perfect for our 3-4. I would love to have Parcells as Gm and Colbert as Asst. GM.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information