Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacman and NFL being sued by Urbanski

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3070590

Urbanski told reporters he holds the NFL responsible for his injuries because he believed they ignored Jones' previous run-ins with police.

"Even 'three strikes and you're out' and this wouldn't have happened to me," Urbanski said at a news conference with his schoolteacher wife.
    You have to feel bad for this guy, but come on. How is it the NFL's fault that you were shot? Why are you suing Pacman, instead of the SHOOTER, for your injuries? Obviously a cash grab and I can't see him getting a dime.

not NFL's fault imo. hes saying that the NFL waited to see that the man would be paralyzed to be suspended so he was thinking "Pacman wont be suspended unless im hurt severly which is BS"

thats speculating on his part. sue Pacman..NFL doesnt have anything to do with Pacman's idiotic decisions to shoot up clubs.

Comment

he has every right to sue pacman..first of all did they ever find the shooter? second of all pacman told urbanski that he was done and made a gesture across his throat.

Comment

Originally posted by nhlkdog411
        second of all pacman told urbanski that he was done and made a gesture across his throat.
        Where did you hear this from?
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by nhlkdog411 View Post
          he has every right to sue pacman..first of all did they ever find the shooter? second of all pacman told urbanski that he was done and made a gesture across his throat.
          a link would be nice.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

So since they can't find the shooter, Pacman should take the blame? That is idiotic. Also, don't post crap like this without having a credible source to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
              So since they can't find the shooter, Pacman should take the blame? That is idiotic. Also, don't post crap like this without having a credible source to back it up.
              the guy just wants to get rich the easy way, so he sues where the money is.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                the guy just wants to get rich the easy way, so he sues where the money is.
                Yup. Obviously a cash grab. Sues the NFL and the Titans, who have absolutely NOTHING to do with this at all. Would he be suing the post office if Pacman was a postal employee? Then he sues Pacman who wasn't the gun man whether he was involved in the initial melee or not. Unless they can prove Pacman ordered the shooting (which will mean Pacman will be in jail for a loooooong time anyway) this case is idiotic.

Comment

it was all over the news that witnesses said pacman said it but here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2813615 talks about how the police recommend charging him with threatening someones life

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../12741485.html

this also mentions the threat

and heres another that talks about it as well

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...shooting_x.htm

I suppose I should have said allegedly but I don't really see any reason why I should believe Pacman's version of the story over the one given by Urbanski, the club co-owners and several witnesses
                  Last edited by nhlkdog411; 10-20-2007, 03:43 PM.

Comment

it was all over the news that witnesses said pacman said it but here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2813615 talks about how the police recommend charging him with threatening someones life

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../12741485.html

this also mentions the threat

and heres another that talks about it as well

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...shooting_x.htm
                    So somebody said that Jones threatened somebody and that equates to proof that he should be liable for Urbanski's injuries?

Comment

Urbanski suing Jones is no surprise; anyone could see that coming from a mile away.

However, the fact that he included the NFL and the Titans turns the whole thing into a sham....as others have called it, a cash-grab. Moreover, it will almost certainly make this whole lawsuit a lost cause. A good attorney might have convinced a jury that Pacman had a role in Urbanski's injuries.....but there's no way on God's green earth anyone will believe for a minute that the NFL or the Titans organization could be held responible for this.

Maybe Urbanski's lawyers are going for a "mad dog" approach....suing a dog's owners for failing to properly restrain their animal. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by nhlkdog411
                        I suppose I should have said allegedly but I don't really see any reason why I should believe Pacman's version of the story over the one given by Urbanski, the club co-owners and several witnesses.

No where in those links does it say, "second of all pacman told urbanski that he was done and made a gesture across his throat." Please don't make statements that you have no basis off of, especially when it comes to something as serious as this shooting. All of your links state something different. One says he pervents a security guard from getting involved in the fight. One says he threatens an unnamed guard. The other one says he threaten to kill Urbansky. You can make a fake quote and then say you have the right to believe other stories over PacMan's. So please tell me which of these three situations you believe, or would you like to create another unproven situation like you did with your quote?
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

All I know is that I would find it odd if someone told me they were gonna shoot me and then later in the night I was shot. Urbanski claims this, and the owner said Jones and the shooter were sitting together prior to the shooting. As for the comments on it being a cash grab, if you were shot and paralyzed below the waist, I'm sure you would be pretty angry and want to be properly compensated, if that is even possible.

Comment

He has no case against the NFL, and not much of one against Pacman.

by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen
                            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804
                              All I know is that I would find it odd if someone told me they were gonna shoot me and then later in the night I was shot.
                              Again, did he say he was gonna shoot him when he threatened him?

Seriously, everyone needs to be quiet about this threat thing. If you don't know what was said for a fact and can provide a link to the quote from a witness, do not add fuel to the fire.

As for the lawsuit, it very well could stand to go to court but I don't think it will. His case is that if the NFL knew about PacMan's prior run ins with the law which he could have been suspended for, then they are liable for him since he wasn't suspended, an act that may have prevented him from throwing around his money wrecklessly. Another point they attempt to make is that the Titans drafted PacMan knowing he was a criminal and in addition didn't keep as tight of a leash on him so they should be punished. Neither of these hold very much water, but Urbanski's attorney will aim to take this in front of a jury. And hopefully they'll be able to get a favorable ruling due to the defendents being celebrity and large organizations who have a lot of money or because they sympathize with him. But I'm assuming that Pac's, Titan's, and NFL's attornies are much better than Urbanski's.
                              Last edited by TitanHope; 10-20-2007, 08:22 PM.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information