When would Devin Hester be drafted?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When would Devin Hester be drafted?

If there was a re-draft, knowing now how he can drastically change games, when do you think he would be drafted? Special teams coordinators have to spend the entire week game-planning for him, and he is undoubtedly the only weapon of his kind in the NFL.

Personally, I believe now he could slip into the first round.
    "Oh, I think you need all that bass."

im just going out on a limb...but ginn was drafted MAINLY on return skills and i dont think anyone would take ginn over hester...so def. first round

Comment

Yeah he'd be a good shot for the 20-32 range, not above that though until he shows he can be a consistent player as a WR.

Comment

Yea he was awful as a corner. Tory Holt tore him a new one in that Monday Night Game. As a wideout tho, he runs the best fly pattern in the NFL.
        "Oh, I think you need all that bass."

Comment

Originally posted by LionSmack View Post
          Yeah he'd be a good shot for the 20-32 range, not above that though until he shows he can be a consistent player as a WR.
          Yeah I'd say in this range but only if you have a good team all around and can afford to draft a special teams player this high. Who knows though, maybe he could go higher.

Comment

I could see him going as high as Ginn went. All it takes is 1 team thinking he can develop into a decent WR to justify him going really high. (if he was drafted again a team wouldn't waste his time at CB and would start developing him at WR right away)
            "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by psupride1131 View Post
              Yea he was awful as a corner. Tory Holt tore him a new one in that Monday Night Game. As a wideout tho, he runs the best fly pattern in the NFL.
              Well that was Tory Holt, he does that to a lot of players. But he's shown he can make a difference at wide receiver as weel.

sig by VLS
              Originally posted by Smokey Joe
              I don't care...

Comment

Next year 1st by the Dolphins
                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I know it sounds strange, but shouldn't we already be bringing up Canton with Hester? From the first week of his rookie season, he's the best returner the game has yet seen. He broke Gale Sayers' franchise record in less than a full 18 games, a season and a half. That's crazy. The man has done it in the playoffs as well, he's done it in the postseason including the Rain Bowl (Super Bowl XLI).
                  Last edited by Geo; 10-23-2007, 01:35 PM.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                    I know it sounds strange, but shouldn' we already be bringing up Canton with Hester? From the first week of his rookie season, he's the best returner the game has yet seen. He broke Gale Sayers' franchise record in less than a full 18 games, a season and a half. That's crazy. The man has done it in the playoffs as well, he's done it in the postseason including the Rain Bowl (Super Bowl XLI).
                    thing is he's done little besides returning.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Devin Hester is the ultimate special teams weapon. If you knew how well Devin Hester could perform in the pros before drafting him, he is a sure-fire first rounder with a shot at that 10-15 area. He shouldn't go much higher because of how much money it would cost to pay a returner, but his impact on the game is unreal. Plus his potential as a wr is relatively untapped, he is a project but you could certainly do worse as far as the physical abilities of a project player. If Matt Jones gets picked as a 1st round WR as a qb to wr conversion, I see no way or how Hester does not have as much potential at the wr position.

Statistically he accounted for 600 yards of field position on punt returns (1,128 yards if you count kick returns) and averaged about 3 pr a game and 5 total tds. Not to mention the emotional boost and momentum shift that a kick return gives a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        I know it sounds strange, but shouldn't we already be bringing up Canton with Hester? From the first week of his rookie season, he's the best returner the game has yet seen. He broke Gale Sayers' franchise record in less than a full 18 games, a season and a half. That's crazy. The man has done it in the playoffs as well, he's done it in the postseason including the Rain Bowl (Super Bowl XLI).
                        I've been saying this for awhile. Special teams TDs are very hard to come by and any player who can score as frequently as Hester can on returns deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. However if a player like DeSean Jackson can translate his PR success to the NFL it will deffinately cheapen Hester's accomplishments.

Comment

People keep bringing up Ted Ginn, but Ted Ginn had much better resume than Troy Williamson, and Williamson was drafted two spots higher than he was (in a different draft of course).

Matt Jones had never played WR in his life and was drafted #18. At least Hester had SOME experience there.

Anyway...I'd say definite 10-20, and probably top 10 just because you know that he's going to contribute in a major way somehow, which is more than you can say for about 50% of all draft picks.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I actually would have liked Hester at 16 more than I would have liked Jason Allen that year.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

Top 10, with his return ability he dosent need to do much else. Factor in his reception TD and no way he escapes the top 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information