Clear All

• Damix's Power Rankings

Calculated by

Code:
    Win % * Opp Win % * Points Scored
    -----------------------------------
               Points Against
    ties broken by point differential.

Did this a few times last year, got some good feedback, actually put it in a spreadsheet this year so it would be easier to repeat weekly.

Questions? Comments? Annoyances?

I can't believe the Pats are actually +159... that's more than half the teams have even scored to begin with.

But it's good work, I'll always love you.

Comment

i like it. i hate power rankings that are purely based on observations and not calculations.

Comment

The Pats and Rams are the only ones in triple digits in point differential, BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOIIIAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I like this alot, i feel it exposes the Pats schedule for what it really is... crap, also makes GB's look above average

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by CannedToast View Post
            I can't believe the Pats are actually +159... that's more than half the teams have even scored to begin with.

But it's good work, I'll always love you.
            The Patriots already have more points than 6 teams did the entire 2006 season.

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
              The Pats and Rams are the only ones in triple digits in point differential, BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOIIIAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Hahaha, the Rams need you on the bench with a headset, and soon. I'll kill Linehan this week, and you'll be a shoe in.

Comment

Originally posted by CannedToast View Post
                Hahaha, the Rams need you on the bench with a headset, and soon. I'll kill Linehan this week, and you'll be a shoe in.
                U do the dirty work, I'll draw up some playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys!

Comment

Looks good. You should keep it up.

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen
                  <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
                    U do the dirty work, I'll draw up some playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys!
                    I've been watching/reading a lot of Dexter lately, so I think I should be able to take him out. I mean, I'm pretty sure Linehan qualifies as evil.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                      I like this alot, i feel it exposes the Pats schedule for what it really is... crap, also makes GB's look above average
                      we started the season with the toughest schedule based off last year

we played Jets-Chargers-Cowboys, 3 playoff teams and Bengals borderline(as of so far)

too bad all these teams are chokign this year..especially Jets

we still gotta play Colts-Ravens-Steelers-Skins-Giants-Eagles

^teams that made playoffs/good teams this year

Comment

you should put a ranking all the way to the left so we don't have to count down to our teams... but otherwise, very nice.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

I like these a lot. It is too easy to rank teams who haven't played above eachother without actual facts/numbers, this is a lot more valid than an ESPN-type power rankings.

Comment

Great work. We now expect this every Tuesday Mr. Damix.

Comment

I guess I like it but every rankings has it flaws. I can't see ranking the Skins above the Giants on opponent's win percetage alone. Which is basically the difference of the Redskins beating an overrated Lions team. Actually I think it may be off. The Skins opponents don't seem to have a .538 winning percetage. They are 19-20. I don't the Giants opponents winning percetage is right either though.
                              Last edited by Jughead10; 10-24-2007, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information