Patriots vs. Colts Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriots vs. Colts Thread

no doubt, this is the biggest game in this regular season. Two 6-0 teams, and the two top quarterbacks in one game. NFL.com is already discussing it, so I figured we could have a go at this one as well, so go ahead and discuss, not just who wins, but also why....

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

I think its gonna be a great, evenly matched game. I hope both teams don't look past this week so it can be a battle of unbeatens, because whoever wins this game has a legitimate shot at 16-0.

I am going to say the Patriots will win by a TD or less. It is going to come down to defense and the ground game. The passing games should cancel eachother out they are so prolific. The Colts have a GREAT pass defense its just they will be in a mismatch with Moss because if I am not mistaken all of there DB's are under 6 foot. Moss, Stallworth, Welker, and Watson will always create mismatches in the passing game but the thing is so do Harrison, Wayne, Gonzo, and Clark.

Addai is a great player who played very well against the Pats last year. Maroney and Sammy Morris are banged up and Morris will probably still be out or not 100% by the Indy game, so I will give the Colts the edge on the ground.

It looks like we are in for quite a game, I hope the Pats can pull it off but it looks like it can go either way. But I'll take NE by 6 because

Comment

New England enters the game after losing to the Redskins and win.
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
        The Redskins match up very well with us, they have a great secondary that has size, toughness, and athleticism. They certainly will bring a very tough game to Foxborough, especially if Portis and Campbell are playing well.

This will be a very tough 2 game stretch for NE.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
          no doubt, this is the biggest game in this regular season. Two 6-0 teams, and the two top quarterbacks in one game. NFL.com is already discussing it, so I figured we could have a go at this one as well, so go ahead and discuss, not just who wins, but also why....
          Im a Colts fan, and there is no way I am overlooking the Panthers this week. The Colts are a 6.5 favorite on the road. Wouldnt shock me one bit if the Panthers get the W.
          Originally posted by nvot9
          I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
          Indianapolis Colts 13-3
          Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
            honestly I doubt the Skins have the talent and focus required to beat the Pats, and I'm not even sure the Colts have what it takes (with a defense that still has some issues)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
              colts will lose if vinny plays
              if carr plays the colts win

so lets see if this game will be a big or not :)

Comment

New England is going to roll Indy, just watch.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Any word on if Seymour will be taken off the PUP before this game?

It will be interesting to see how the Colts defense performs. The Pats put 34 on them last year without Moss, Welker, and Stallworth. The Colts defense has improved, but enough to stop this juggernaut....
                  Last edited by Basileus777; 10-24-2007, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                    Any word on if Seymour will be taken off the PUP before this game?

It will be interesting to see how the Colts defense performs. The Pats put 31 on them last year without Moss, Welker, and Stallworth. The Colts defense has improved, but enough to stop this juggernaut....
                    I thought he was off PUP already coming into week 6...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Yea Seymour is playing this week.

Comment

Apparently Seymour showed up for his first practice today, so he will probably be ready for the Indy game if not this week.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal.../reiss_pieces/

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                          New England is going to roll Indy, just watch.
                          I doubt that very much.
                          I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I dont think New England will blow away Indy, at the least Indy can keep up, I dont think New England on defense can stop the Colts from scoring 30 points, manning is at home not in the snow, and i feel like with beating them last year in the playoffs, manning has alot less stress on him facing this team...

Either way, just like Steve Young said, if they meet again in the playoffs, it doesnt matter who wins thsi game, playoffs are a different game and it will depend on where that game is played

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                              hopefully they both lose this week so every idiot who is talking about undefeated after 6 games will finally shut their trap.

it's ridiculous that this game is already being discussed by anyone.
                              I think there is a very good shot that Indy goes down this week. The Redskins defense will really have to play their best game of the season to win. But I agree with you this is the NFL and there is still week 8 to be played anything can happen between now and when the Colts and Pats play.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information