Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Brooks?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

With NFL quarterbacks dropping right and left, and replacements like the 43-year-old Vinny Testaverde being taken out of the mothballs, why isn't Aaron Brooks on an NFL roster.

At 31, Brooks is still young by quarterback standards, and the handful of general managers I spoke with since Wednesday agreed that he was above average. So why? Brooks's friends and family ask the same question.

"They ask, ‘Why aren't you playing?'" Brooks said. "They see all of these quarterbacks getting injured and want to know: ‘Why aren't you getting calls? Why aren't you in camp?' I don't know what to say, but yeah, it hits me from time to time. I don't know. Is it something I said?" Could be.

Brooks may still be serving time for the comments he made in 2005 when the Saints, like New Orleans itself, were demoralized by unimaginable upheavals caused by Katrina.

-----------------

I know he is no Brady or Manning but I for one can't believe he is not atleast a back up for some team.

Very true, with the all around awful QB play, he is better than at least a couple starters in the league. I wish the Vikes would pick him up. He gets beat on for making bad decisions, but he is still a halfway decent QB all around, more than I can say about half of the QB's in the league today.

Comment

I figured he got hurt and was gonna pretty much take the year off

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

People finally realized how terrible he is.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

It is odd that Todd Bouman can get signed but not him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            It is odd that Todd Bouman can get signed but not him.
            Bouman showed he had a pair when he served as the Saints starter for a couple games.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Aaron Brooks? Wasn't he the N.O. QB that would fumble the ball about 30-40 yards behind the line of scrimmage at least once per game?
              http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7367/sf0qg.png

Just catch the ball...

Comment

Originally posted by paladin View Post
                Aaron Brooks? Wasn't he the N.O. QB that would fumble the ball about 30-40 yards behind the line of scrimmage at least once per game?
                *Ding* *Ding* *Ding* We have a winner!

WHO DAT!

Comment

He couldn't do any worse than a few of the starters out there right now. Believe me as someone who sees the Bears and Vikings play far too often...

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

remember he did have 4 straight 3500 plus passing yards seasons with out Marques and Bush and NO OFFENSIVE LINE
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

He is god awful, I hate to say it but I think Kerry Collins is better than him.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

He was bad when he was with the Raiders, but IMO it isn't really fair to blame it on him because of the situation he was put in (terrible o-line, lack of effort from team). He did have some good years in NO and I think he could be a backup on good teams or an interim starter on bad teams.

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                          He couldn't do any worse than a few of the starters out there right now. Believe me as someone who sees the Bears and Vikings play far too often...
                          Brian Griese is a much better quarterback than Brooks. That's not saying much....but still.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

i killed dem with my eyes !

Comment

He should be on the Bears or Vikings, theres pretty much no reason for him not to be. I mean, Marcus Vick should be on one of those teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information