Worst player in recent franchise history

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst player in recent franchise history

So name the worst player for your team in recent franchise history. It can be a bust like Tim Couch or Ryan Leaf, or simply someone who was so bad that they single handedly brought down entire seasons.

I was inspired by this recent article.
    http://www.49erswebzone.com/content/...w.php?id=11698

Not everyone knows the Owen Pochman's of other franchises, so please drop some knowledge on us.

Alvis Whitted has been the bane of Oakland fans since he joined the team in 2003. He had speed, but he flat out never did anything on the field and yet kept making team for no real reason.

There have been more prominent failures playing for the Raiders recently, but none was as mystifying at Whitted.

Comment

Fernando Bryant, Hugh Douglas, and Jonathan Quinn come to mind.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I cant think of many for the steelers, but the one that sticks out the most is Ricardo Colclough- he got drafted in the second round (2004) to be a corner/return man. So far he's done nothing at corner, he shows no passion or drive to win (or even play). He hasnt really picked up our defensive schemes, he fumbles on returns, and he's been overtaken on the depth chart by rookie William G*y. He is a complete waste of money and a roster spot.

Comment

C-Rog, Harrington, BMW, Lehman, Woody, Kennedy, Edwards, Hall

who didn't bring the lions down?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Monty Beisel . LB ..was a Chief..we got him and now hes a Cardinal. Talk about being run over every single play . He was a terrible LB. Maybe Duane Starks..couldnt cover to save his life..and he weas a pro bowler few years before?

lorenzen tried to tackle LT so many times with his arms. he got run over by Jared Lorenzen i preseason before he got cut

Starks got ripped by Willie McGinest after he got cut.
            Last edited by remix 6; 10-28-2007, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Tim Brown and Todd Steussie come to mind. Both were well past their primes and were expected to do so much more than they could offer.

Comment

Ahmad Carroll
                Jamal Reynolds
                Bubba Franks last year
                Marquan Manuel

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Monty Beisel and Duane Starks were good ones for the Patriots. It's not like they had many bad players on their roster any of the years. I'd also like to nominate Guss Scott and Dexter Reid, two terrible safeties who made me "WTF?" on draft day as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                    Monty Beisel and Duane Starks were good ones for the Patriots. It's not like they had many bad players on their roster any of the years. I'd also like to nominate Guss Scott and Dexter Reid, two terrible safeties who made me "WTF?" on draft day as well.
                    i'll give Scott a pass on this because he was injured so many times. Reid was a good STer..but when we needed him to play like 10 plays on defense..WOW. he was LOST in coverage.

plus they were 3-4th rounders while Starks was an ex pro bowler and simply couldnt cover fast or slow WRs.

Beisel made me sick. talk about NOT being what a LB is supposed to be?

i could've said Bethel Johnson but he contributed on ST a lot and won us a few games so i leave him out. he might be my "dissapointment" lightning speed..built WR but just never learned to catch or run routes.

Comment

Mike Barrow. I don't think he played more than 2 games as a Redskin. And we payed him some pretty good cash.

Comment

Tory James for the Bengals last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                          C-Rog, Harrington, BMW, Lehman, Woody, Kennedy, Edwards, Hall

who didn't bring the lions down?
                          You forgot Fernando Bryant. Rick DeMulling sucked as well..

Oh, and how about Billy Schroeder?

Comment

Lamont Thompson, easily.

Comment

Ian Gold.aaaaaaaaaa

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                              X