Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Smith

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=3085119

Usually this guy's articles aren't worth the electricity money to run a computer to open ESPN and read what he has to say, but this one is a nail on the head situation.

Discuss.

David Carr is incompetent and is unable to hit his receivers down the field? This sounds vaguely familiar somehow...

Comment

Well they did have Captain Checkdown as their QB for a bit. But the offensive gameplan should still revolve around him. If he cant get the ball deep, get him the ball short. Just get him the ball.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I agree entireley, it doesn't matter where you get him the ball, it could be on a quick out or a fly route, he's got a chance to take it to the house.

Look at his highlights from 05 and 06, he's flat out dangerous with the ball in his hands.

Comment

The Panthers have absolutely no faith in Carr, nor should they really.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

They should go to a running offense instead of the more balanced approach they have now, I'd be trying to run the ball 40 of 55 odd snaps in the game and use the other 15 to pass to steve smith.

It sounds stupid but it'd be more effective than nothing.

Comment

I love John Fox, but quite honestly, he's doing a poor job coaching this team.

He continues to start Foster when Williams is clearly the better player. He's not getting Smith involved in the offense, they continue to ignore the TE position (i understand that the offense isn't built around it, but come on, who else do they have other than Smith? Wouldn't it make sense to get something there?)

Defense is not playing well. The team is not motivated. Just a bad coaching job. Sure he needs to overhaul his roster, but still. Fox deserves alot of blame.

Comment

They do have 2 explosive players Williams and Smith, get those guys the ball. Also Carr, what are u doing, u might as well take the chance and throw the ball to Smith, where ever he is, u might get a int, or u might get a TD.

Comment

Kyle Boller=Panther=Rifle=Steve Smith Happy as long as they have an offensive line and run game=DeAngelo Wiliams needs to carry the load and have DeShaun run 8-12 times a game=need a TE to checkdown to (King is decent)=Jarrett number 2=Colbert #3=WTF is going in with this organization?
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

The only chance Smith has with carr as QB is to do it all himself. That's what AJ had to deal with for 5 years. Short passes, take a beating and hope to break a tackle. Once carr was dismissed, AJ had the longest TD catch of his career in the very 1st game.

Carr is the worst. No idea what to do out there other than dump it off. He's an embarrassment to all NFL QBs.

Comment

The Panthers need to acquire JP Losman. They need a QB who will lock unto the #1 receiver and throw the deep ball whenever possible. Look how Lee Evans' stats dropped off when they went to Edwards, and how he had a monster game when Losman came back this week. If Edwards is the future in Buffalo, supposedly, then Carolina should make a move.

Comment

That's a pretty good idea, Shiver. Losman has a cannon, although he should thank his lucky stars Lee Evans turned a potential crushing interception that could have lost the game to a superb touchdown that sealed the game against the Jets.

Plus Losman is experienced enough that he can play from day one, as opposed to drafting a rookie quarterback. Although Delhomme will be healthy in time for next season, no? Still wouldn't hurt to have both Delhomme and Losman, that's excellent depth and Losman would have a very good veteran to learn from.

Hopefully the Bills can get a 2nd round pick out of Carolina for Losman, that would be great.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Is Dwayne Jarrett just lazy? Problems with the coaching staff? Lingering injuries?

I mean....you've basically got nobody at WR outside of Smith and the guy can't even get activated on Gameday? I guess this is why you don't draft rookies past the 1st round that can't play on special teams.

It's also funny how he spent all year saying he wasn't like Mike Williams, and now appears to be a carbon copy.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            I love John Fox, but quite honestly, he's doing a poor job coaching this team.

He continues to start Foster when Williams is clearly the better player. He's not getting Smith involved in the offense, they continue to ignore the TE position (i understand that the offense isn't built around it, but come on, who else do they have other than Smith? Wouldn't it make sense to get something there?)

Defense is not playing well. The team is not motivated. Just a bad coaching job. Sure he needs to overhaul his roster, but still. Fox deserves alot of blame.
                            Amen. I was very high on DeAngelo coming out of college, it's frustrating to see him getting only a few carries.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Where is this Dwayne jarrett that they drafted and cut KeyShawn

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information