No announcement yet.

Chargers Hire New Coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN is reporting that Ted Cotrell will likely be hired as the DC. This is who A.J Smith wanted Shot to hire as his DC in the first place.

I hope that this once again sheds some light on how Singletary is viewed as a head coaching candidate. As a Bears fan even I can objectively say that there is little to his resume to deserve a head coaching position. He gets interviews based out of respect and name recognition (and being black probably doesn't hurt either).

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi
      While I agree that Norv just seems like one of those guys who should stay a coordinator, you've gotta admit that with his knowledge on offense and with the weapons he has available (on both sides of the ball) it's gonna be nearly impossible for him to not succeed in SD.
      The fact that he previously worked as an offensive coordinator in San Diego doesn't hurt either. People that are expecting the Norv Turner as head coach in Oakland will be sorely dissapointed. The differences between San Diego and Oakland couldn't be more stark.

Comment

Lets just say it doesn't work out and they suck it up does A.J. Smith lose his job there is no one left to blame the media and fans will want his head?

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420
          Lets just say it doesn't work out and they suck it up does A.J. Smith lose his job there is no one left to blame the media and fans will want his head?
          I don't think Smith "blamed" Marty. He just didn't want to work with him any further. I can understand Smith's position. If you're the GM you want a coach that shares the same organizational philosophy with you and somebody that you feel like you can work with. It's a move that eventually would have to be made.

That being said you are correct. Smith now has his guy, and if the Chargers don't make serious inroads in the playoffs in the next few years (one year is unrealistic to have his head on pike) then he will face some serious heat and rightfully so.

Comment

I agree he will get more then one year to show what he can do I mean this is not the Raiders we are talking about. 8)

Comment

Well this sucks. I don't know what to think. He better turn around his head coaching carrer or he's gone next year.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
              RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

Sucks to be a 49ers and Chargers fan. Although he does run a similar offense to what SD had before.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420
                  I agree he will get more then one year to show what he can do I mean this is not the Raiders we are talking about. 8)
                  If we don't make the playoffs next year he should be fired

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

Originally posted by sdpads24
                    Well this sucks. I don't know what to think. He better turn around his head coaching carrer or he's gone next year.
                    No he's not.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                      Originally posted by sdpads24
                      No he's not.
                      He probably won't be , but if we if we don't make the playoffs next year he should be fired. Our team is set up to win now.

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

That team is so stacked its scary, so if Chargers go 8-8 or 9-7 with all that talent and fail to make the playoffs, Than what?
                        Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by etk
                          Sucks to be a 49ers and Chargers fan. Although he does run a similar offense to what SD had before.
                          Actually he created our offense, when he was our OC in 2001. I'm not happy about this signing; AJ just hired whoever wouldn't care that he brought in his old Buffalo buddy Ted Cottrell. It's an ego move.

Well, here's hoping that Norv won't get in the way of all the talent on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984
                            That team is so stacked its scary, so if Chargers go 8-8 or 9-7 with all that talent and fail to make the playoffs, Than what?
                            He should hide in a corner cause all the fans are gonna beat on him.

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

It would be really sad to see this team with all this talent lose 5-6 games with a bad HC. He should be gone after one season if this team loses 5-6 games, and doesn't make the super bowl. Also, I'm wondering how this affects the growth of Alex Smith, who has a new OC for the first 3 years(?) of his career. He will have to learn a new offense all over again.

Comment

This is a bad move for the Chargers and Turner. Hes just a bad head coach plain and simple. Hes much better as a cordinator.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information