Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargers Hire New Coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by diabsoule
    This is the worst hiring this offseason. I figured that his track record during his head coaching stints would prove that he's just not a good head coach. San Diego is again just going to waste all the talent they have on their team by not hiring a good, young coach like Rex Ryan, Mike Singletary, or Ron Rivera.
    In all fairness, none of those guys listed have proven that they will be successful as head coaches... Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they won't, it's just it annoys me when everybody assumes it to be a fact.
    Originally posted by njx9
    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      Originally posted by sdpads24
      Originally posted by NIN1984
      That team is so stacked its scary, so if Chargers go 8-8 or 9-7 with all that talent and fail to make the playoffs, Than what?
      He should hide in a corner cause all the fans are gonna beat on him.
      Actually most of the "fans" will probably start being "fans" of another bandwaggon team. I never even knew the Chargers had fans untill about 3-4 years ago.
      That's probably because we spend time outside, not staring at a computer all day. :D

      I'm not about to get engaged in a flame war, but seriously show some respect. Literally every thread about the Chargers making some move or another has some braintrust saying "Now all their fans will leave LOLZ",

      Comment


      • #48
        Why did I keep on hearing Turner's name mentioned for all these jobs? Why was he such a hot commodity?


        http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
          Why did I keep on hearing Turner's name mentioned for all these jobs? Why was he such a hot commodity?
          Because he has a great offensive mind and he's had alot of success in the NFL as an OC. Of course some people are just meant to be great coordinators, not great HC's, and that seems to be the general consensus on Turner. Who knows though, maybe third times the charm.
          Originally posted by njx9
          i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

          Comment


          • #50
            A move that set back two teams. Alex Smith now has his third offensive coordinator in three years.



            "I'm going for 2,200 (yards) next year," Gore said. "That's the record, isn't it? Yeah, I'll get that."

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Vince Lombardi
              Originally posted by sdpads24
              Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
              THis is a great day in the Raider Nation.

              That's why I hate raider fans
              they've got nothing else going for them, atleast allow them to have that. :P
              :P QFT

              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • #52
                i'm a raider fan and just because turner sucked with us doesnt mean he's going to suck with san diego. he had no control over the locker room at all.
                just look at our offense when he coached and then look at our offense this year. big difference.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
                  i'm a raider fan and just because turner sucked with us doesnt mean he's going to suck with san diego. he had no control over the locker room at all.
                  just look at our offense when he coached and then look at our offense this year. big difference.
                  That's true. People forget that the Oakland offense was functional with Turner. Jordan had 1000 yards rushing and led all runningbacks in receptions. Moss had a 1000 yard season. Porter had a 900 yard season. Kerry Collins is terrible, but he still put up over 3500 yards and had 20 touchdowns.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Here is what I am thinking; how many coaches have won recently with Al Davis' Raiders? How many coaches have succeeded under Dan Snyder? Even Joe Gibbs has been struggling. So I am not sure you can really label Norv Turner a bad coach, based on struggles, in two horrible situations.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      Why did I keep on hearing Turner's name mentioned for all these jobs? Why was he such a hot commodity?
                      I have been asking myself the same thing I believe this is his last chance if he can't win with this talent he is done as a HC.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                        Originally posted by Vince Lombardi
                        While I agree that Norv just seems like one of those guys who should stay a coordinator, you've gotta admit that with his knowledge on offense and with the weapons he has available (on both sides of the ball) it's gonna be nearly impossible for him to not succeed in SD.
                        The fact that he previously worked as an offensive coordinator in San Diego doesn't hurt either. People that are expecting the Norv Turner as head coach in Oakland will be sorely dissapointed. The differences between San Diego and Oakland couldn't be more stark.
                        It's not Singletary I was thinking about...but what about Ron Rivera ? this guy was all the rage during the first 10 weeks of the season, then they make the S.B. and lose. The season ends and what 6 H.C. jobs become availble....the dust settles they all get filled and Rivera still stays in Chicago ?? what gives ?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Severe Punishment
                          Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          Originally posted by Vince Lombardi
                          While I agree that Norv just seems like one of those guys who should stay a coordinator, you've gotta admit that with his knowledge on offense and with the weapons he has available (on both sides of the ball) it's gonna be nearly impossible for him to not succeed in SD.
                          The fact that he previously worked as an offensive coordinator in San Diego doesn't hurt either. People that are expecting the Norv Turner as head coach in Oakland will be sorely dissapointed. The differences between San Diego and Oakland couldn't be more stark.
                          It's not Singletary I was thinking about...but what about Ron Rivera ? this guy was all the rage during the first 10 weeks of the season, then they make the S.B. and lose. The season ends and what 6 H.C. jobs become availble....the dust settles they all get filled and Rivera still stays in Chicago ?? what gives ?
                          A couple of reasons I think.

                          1)The only jobs still available after the Superbowl were Dallas and San Diego. The other 4 teams could have waited for him, but teams rarely do.

                          2)The elite status of the Bears defense is primarily attributed to Lovie, and rightfully so.

                          3)Rivera has been on record stating that his defense will run the cover 2. For the two jobs available, that would have required a shift in organizational philosophy and some personel.

                          4)There are many reports that Rivera is a bad interview and comes off as a dick. I've heard from numerous Bears fans that he doesn't come off that well in person either. He's a very fiery personality and again, the two jobs available went to coaches that are percieved to be much more docile and controllable.


                          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            This sounds oddly too familiar with the whole Mooch fired-Erickson hired drama with the Niners in 03. A well liked players coach fired for lack of aggression and a spat with the GM for a guy who has been a mediocre head coach who seems even more laid back in his approach and is a good friend with the GM? Not to mention they hired arguably one of the worst defensive coordinators in the league. I can't even be mad at Norv for being a **** sucker and yanking the Niners chain around for the past month with all this coaching stuff. I can only stop and laugh at the Chargers from going from one of the best coaching staffs in Cameron-Phillips-Marty to one of the worst in Norv and Ted friggin Cottrell. If I was a Chargers fan I'd be praying to God that a team can win a championship on pure talent and hope the coach won't interfere with that.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              What a joke. Now AJ Smith has his pawn. They will not win a superbowl with Norv.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Yea! There offense was tougher to stop than Seattle's I think last year and they lost there Offensive Coordinator!
                                | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information