Chargers Hire New Coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 16_SFfan_80
    A move that set back two teams. Alex Smith now has his third offensive coordinator in three years.
    He'll have his 3rd offensive coordinator but Nolan already said he'd hire a guy who knows the system(which will probably be WR coach Jerry Sullivan). The only thing that hurts him is he'll get less QB "tutoriness" from Turner.

Comment

This is just HILARIOUS!!!! Norv???!!!

Comment

How does this scrub keep getting jobs? Unbelievable.

San Diego is wasting the most talented team in the league on Norval f'n Turner.

Comment

Wow, was all of this seriously over the hiring of Ted Cottrell?

Comment

We're just going to have to see how it works out. I know lots of Charger fans are going to be dissapointed with this hire, but the player personnel on the team is still good enough to succeed. If the team underachieves again, then the players should be held accountable. The good thing that can be taken away from the hire is it will help Rivers, especially if another target can be found for him in the draft. The long term success of the franchise is tied directly into Rivers's continue development.
            aka KGB Chicken

Comment

I was expecting them to hire a defensive minded guy as their HC.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

I terribel hire by the Chargers b/c he has never been a winner and I don't remeber Cotrell running a 3-4 defense

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Bad move by the Chargers.

Turner has ZERO control over the lockeroom. You know why the players were so happy? It's because they knew 'Uncle Norv' just came to town and they can get away with doing anything they want. Unless Norv puts his foot down, problems will arise later.

Though Norv is great with running backs, making average ones monsters (LaMont Jordan and Frank Gore) So one can only wonder what he could do with LT. I think they could pull it off, but somebody has to step up and be the authority figure that Norv isn't.

Comment

this is the same feeling we thought when we hired Mike, just gave it sometime who knows what can happen in the NFL these days.

Comment

I like the move. Norv will help develop Rivers, which was critical, and Norv was probably amenable to having a 3-4 defense in place. The defense was going to be fine, so getting a good offensive guy made some sense. Adding Rivera gives further depth to the coaching staff, since Cottrell has been away for a year (and wasn't all that effective in Minnesota).

Comment

eh dont like it too much... he'll fail hes just one of those guys tha no matter wha team is there hes a lock to fail... a 7-9 record is in the books u heard it here first, he gets WAYYY too many oppurtunties mg how can they not hire Ron Rivera or Mike Singletary

Comment

Originally posted by ZRO
                          How does this scrub keep getting jobs? Unbelievable.

San Diego is wasting the most talented team in the league on Norval f'n Turner.
                          Got to agree, just a panic decision by Spanos and Smith. They'll never see the playoffs next year. :roll:
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
                            Here is what I am thinking; how many coaches have won recently with Al Davis' Raiders? How many coaches have succeeded under Dan Snyder? Even Joe Gibbs has been struggling. So I am not sure you can really label Norv Turner a bad coach, based on struggles, in two horrible situations.
                            So hiring Wade Phillips instead of Caldwell, Singletary or Rivera was stupid, but hiring Norv Turner instead of these guys isn't?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by Modano
                              Here is what I am thinking; how many coaches have won recently with Al Davis' Raiders? How many coaches have succeeded under Dan Snyder? Even Joe Gibbs has been struggling. So I am not sure you can really label Norv Turner a bad coach, based on struggles, in two horrible situations.
                              So hiring Wade Phillips instead of Caldwell, Singletary or Rivera was stupid, but hiring Norv Turner instead of these guys isn't?
                              No, the Chargers should have hired one of those three. That said; I understand the rationale, for the Chargers. Norv Turner will retain the same offense, defense, as the last regime, allowing a 14-2 team to not have to learn a new system. The rationale, with Phillips, to me was a power move by Jerry Jones to re-assert himself into control. I think, unless Norv really does well, he's keeping the seat warm for Bill Cowher, next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Modano
                                No, the Chargers should have hired one of those three. That said; I understand the rationale, for the Chargers. Norv Turner will retain the same offense, defense, as the last regime, allowing a 14-2 team to not have to learn a new system. The rationale, with Phillips, to me was a power move by Jerry Jones to re-assert himself into control. I think, unless Norv really does well, he's keeping the seat warm for Bill Cowher, next year.
                                I stronlgy disagree.. Phillips was hired to make our defense better, we have the talent but we didn't have the right coaching last year.. Phillips bring a defense that can use this talent properly.. Our offense was dinamite all year long under Sparano, and now Garrett could help Romo.. So the problem was to fix our defense and to make players like Spears, Canty, Carpenter, Burnett all step up. We were very bad in december because of our defense.. And Phillips was the best guy avaible to make our 3-4 better..
                                On the other hand we can say the Chargers' move was made by AJ Smith to re-assert himself into control and bring in his team his old buddy Ted Cotrell? AJ has never shown appreciation for Marty Schotteneimer..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information