Thoughts on Alex Smith?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Alex Smith?

after a terrible first year (1 td, 11 ints in 7 starts), he rebounded pretty well and had a solid year with 16 TDs, and a 75 QB rating.

Now his OC is gone and who knows if Frank Gore can repeat his great year.

What do you see in the future from Alex Smith? He was the #1 pick in the draft, yet no one talks about the guy and you cant stop hearing about Vick, Eli Manning, David Carr and Carson Palmer. But no one really talks about Smith...

What do you see in Alex Smith next year and in the future?

I think Smith could be a very good starting QB, his teams need to get him a true #1 WR, and I think he'll continue to progress just fine.
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable
      I think Smith could be a very good starting QB, his teams need to get him a true #1 WR, and I think he'll continue to progress just fine.
      Vernon Davis?

Comment

I completly agree. And Frank Gore, WILL continue to be a stud

Comment

I see him making a pretty significant jump from year 2 to year 3. He's still only 22 years old, and you see a lot of quarterbacks have a significant jump in production in that transition.
          "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
          4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaFootball
            Vernon Davis?
            A true #1 WR is different than a beast TE. If they can grab a true #1 WR along with Vernon and Gore, Smith will be a very happy quarterback.

Comment

Average QB so far.

Comment

He's a real inteligent QB, and will be great in this league. I consider him to be in the mold of tom brady, not great physical skills, but a very smart QB. Oh, and with a stud WR, I could see them in the playoffs next year.

Comment

I think he'll be a good QB as long as they keep upgrading the talent around him. Gore and Bryant were nice starts, and the OL is pretty solid, now Vernon needs to have a good year, and they could probably use another WR. He's still 22 years old as well. I liked him better than Aaron Rodgers, but I guess that still remains to be seen.

Comment

Has good upside, but will be setback by the loss of Norv Turner, which was clearly responsible for his substantial improvement in play.

"I'm going for 2,200 (yards) next year," Gore said. "That's the record, isn't it? Yeah, I'll get that."

Comment

Smith is progressing quite nicely. I think he was picked over Aaron Rodgers because of his intelligence. With a #1 WR, the 9ers could defenitly make a push at the playoffs. He sort of reminds me of Chad Pennington.

Comment

I think he can be a solid tight end, but he was marred by injuries this year, I think.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                        <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                        <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

He needs a go-to-guy. Vernon Davis can easily fill that role but they will still need a big possession receiver and a burner. I don't know if Smith has the arm power to take advantage of a burner, but screens would take advantage of their speed and YAC ability.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Vernon will develop into a great tight end. However, the 49ers still need a #1 WR target, because they love to use Vernon in different blocking schemes.

With his strength, he's already developed into a fierce blocker. Mike Nolan commented at the Senior Bowl that Vernon had already become one of the best blocking tight ends in the league.

And because we want to use him in that role, as well as use him as a receiving threat, we also still require a #1 guy.

"I'm going for 2,200 (yards) next year," Gore said. "That's the record, isn't it? Yeah, I'll get that."

Comment

"He's a'ight."

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen
                              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information