No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Alex Smith?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think he'll be a good QB but I'll wait untill after this year.
    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

i think it was a very bad call not bringing back turner, they should have done everything they could

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky
        i think it was a very bad call not bringing back turner, they should have done everything they could
        wtf, you can't block any coach on your staff from becoming a HC.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaFootball
          Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable
          I think Smith could be a very good starting QB, his teams need to get him a true #1 WR, and I think he'll continue to progress just fine.
          Vernon Davis?
          I mean like a Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, Marvin Harrison type of WR someone who is an elite WR <---- note the position.
          HALL OF FAMER!
          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I see him underachieving for much of his career. Fast starts that grow stagnant as the season wears on.

Comment

I like the guy but he has no talent around him other than Gore and with Norv gone i see him struggling a bit here without any true #1 WR.

former #1 in post count on this site
              first to 500 posts

Comment

Originally posted by TCU
                I like the guy but he has no talent around him other than Gore and with Norv gone i see him struggling a bit here without any true #1 WR.
                Bryant is pretty good and he has a good O-Line.

How come everyone and their mother is against Eli, But Smith was selected with the same pick 1 year later and no one says anything when Eli greatly outplayed Smith?

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan
                  Originally posted by TCU
                  Bryant is pretty good and he has a good O-Line.

How come everyone and their mother is against Eli, But Smith was selected with the same pick 1 year later and no one says anything when Eli greatly outplayed Smith?
                  I see where you're coming from, and I think Eli has received a lot of unwarranted criticism for a young quarterback who is still developing, but there are a few of reasons.

1. Smith was the first pick in a weak draft class, whereas Eli was the first pick in an absolutely stacked draft class.
                  2. People understood there would be growing pains for Smith, as he didn't run a pro style offense in college.
                  3. Eli has an NFL pedigree.
                  4. Of the two quarterbacks selected after Eli, one had the best quarterback rating ever for a rookie and won a Superbowl and the other one has made the Pro Bowl.
                  5. The talent difference between the Giants and 49ers isn't even close.
                  6. Eli plays in a huge market, whereas Smith plays in a small one.

Comment

The 49ers are still one of the weakest teams in terms of pure talent, but they get by due to good coaching, and the fact that they have Frank Gore and an offensive line that specializes in run blocking. They need to add a big time red zone receiver and some better defensive players and they'll be set.

Designs by Thule

Comment

I was never a fan of Smith, and I don't think he'll come close to the level of Palmer, Manning, McNabb, and Culpepper (in his prime anyway). Coming out of college he graded out significantly lower than Young, Rivers, E.Manning, Roethlisberger, and maybe even Leinart. He can be a decent NFL starting QB, but I don't think he'll ever be a pro bowl or stud QB.

Comment

Pit Bull #53 I think your avatar is why Jeff is going to play baseball lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                          I think he can be a solid tight end, but he was marred by injuries this year, I think.
                          :P

lol

Comment

Bust!!!

Comment

Alex will be fine - he's not exactly surrounded with talent but the he and the team are improving. Ok so he's probably not going to be Peyton Manning but I do think he'll be a top 5-10 QB in the league.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

He just needs Dwayne Jarrett, and a good QB coach, and he'll develop into a great-elite QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information