• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
    Originally posted by 16_SFfan_80
    Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan
    Originally posted by TCU
    I like the guy but he has no talent around him other than Gore and with Norv gone i see him struggling a bit here without any true #1 WR.
    Bryant is pretty good and he has a good O-Line.

How come everyone and their mother is against Eli, But Smith was selected with the same pick 1 year later and no one says anything when Eli greatly outplayed Smith?
    I see where you're coming from, and I think Eli has received a lot of unwarranted criticism for a young quarterback who is still developing, but there are a few of reasons.

1. Smith was the first pick in a weak draft class, whereas Eli was the first pick in an absolutely stacked draft class.
    2. People understood there would be growing pains for Smith, as he didn't run a pro style offense in college.
    3. Eli has an NFL pedigree.
    4. Of the two quarterbacks selected after Eli, one had the best quarterback rating ever for a rookie and won a Superbowl and the other one has made the Pro Bowl.
    5. The talent difference between the Giants and 49ers isn't even close.
    6. Eli plays in a huge market, whereas Smith plays in a small one.
    The Bay Area is not a small market, but I agree with most of your other points.

I'd like to also emphasize the lack of talent on the 49ers offense, besides Frank Gore.
    Eh...the New York market pretty much dwarfs all the other markets in the league.

Theres also 2 teams here. I dont really have any facts, but It seems like the 49ers have a larger national fanbase then the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58
      Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH
      Originally posted by Larry
      Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH
      He just needs Dwayne Jarrett, and a good QB coach, and he'll develop into a great-elite QB.

lol What is Mike Williams Jr going to do for us?
      Mike Williams sat out a year. That rust screwed him over. Jarrett compares better to Plaxico Burress(maybe without character concern).
      Dwayne Jarrett is better than Mike Williams when they were at USC
      Hell no. Mike Williams had back to back 1,000+ yard seasons. Mike Williams had back to back All-America seasons. Mike Williams was to be the best WR in college, until he tried to declare early.

Comment

Originally posted by 16_SFfan_80
        Originally posted by TCU
        I like the guy but he has no talent around him other than Gore and with Norv gone i see him struggling a bit here without any true #1 WR.
        Bryant is pretty good and he has a good O-Line.

How come everyone and their mother is against Eli, But Smith was selected with the same pick 1 year later and no one says anything when Eli greatly outplayed Smith?
        I see where you're coming from, and I think Eli has received a lot of unwarranted criticism for a young quarterback who is still developing, but there are a few of reasons.

1. Smith was the first pick in a weak draft class, whereas Eli was the first pick in an absolutely stacked draft class.
        2. People understood there would be growing pains for Smith, as he didn't run a pro style offense in college.
        3. Eli has an NFL pedigree.
        4. Of the two quarterbacks selected after Eli, one had the best quarterback rating ever for a rookie and won a Superbowl and the other one has made the Pro Bowl.
        5. The talent difference between the Giants and 49ers isn't even close.
        6. Eli plays in a huge market, whereas Smith plays in a small one.
        The Bay Area is not a small market, but I agree with most of your other points.

I'd like to also emphasize the lack of talent on the 49ers offense, besides Frank Gore.
        Eh...the New York market pretty much dwarfs all the other markets in the league.

Theres also 2 teams here. I dont really have any facts, but It seems like the 49ers have a larger national fanbase then the Giants.
        Both NY and the Bay Area have 2 teams, but the NY media is definitely the craziest in sports. Players are either a hero or a goat with them.

Comment

I liked Alex a lot coming out, and I still do. That said, losing Norv hurts. Norv was a great offensive guy ... but more than that, moving to his 3rd system in 3 years ... not the best way to have growth. That said, they seemed to find a rhythm last year with the power run game. Without Norv, I think they need to give stronger concern to getting offensive playmakers, because the talent surrounding Alex Smith right now likely isn't enough to help him go another notch.

We have to wait and see who the OC is, though, to speculate further. Not a big fan of Jerry Sullivan.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu
            I liked Alex a lot coming out, and I still do. That said, losing Norv hurts. Norv was a great offensive guy ... but more than that, moving to his 3rd system in 3 years ... not the best way to have growth. That said, they seemed to find a rhythm last year with the power run game. Without Norv, I think they need to give stronger concern to getting offensive playmakers, because the talent surrounding Alex Smith right now likely isn't enough to help him go another notch.

We have to wait and see who the OC is, though, to speculate further. Not a big fan of Jerry Sullivan.

I'm rooting for ken zampese to get the job. Hopefully, the bengals will let us interview him. I know he refused to interview for the dolphins because he wouldn't get full control of the offense with cam cameron there. Nolan would give him absolute control over the offense, so it'd be an ideal situation for him.

Comment

Who is Ken Zampese and what is his background? Sorry im a noob

Comment

Originally posted by LocCsta
                Who is Ken Zampese and what is his background? Sorry im a noob
                http://www.bengals.com/team/coach.asp?coach_id=13
                The bengals qb coach. Jon Kitna had his best season under him and worked pretty closely with carson palmer. I want the new OC to be someone that also knows how to work with qb's.

Comment

Get rid of Bryant and draft Meachem and him and Davis would give 2 #1's for Smith. And I see him throwing at least 20 touchdowns next year and a qb rating of > 85.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information