No announcement yet.

Kerney a FA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how Kerney is coming off injury, but when he was younger, he was an excellent athlete who would've made a solid 3-4 OLB, in my opinion (on a side note, he was recruited to UVA for lacrosse, and then got onto football). But that said, he's coming off injury, and that's a big unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu
      I don't know how Kerney is coming off injury, but when he was younger, he was an excellent athlete who would've made a solid 3-4 OLB, in my opinion (on a side note, he was recruited to UVA for lacrosse, and then got onto football). But that said, he's coming off injury, and that's a big unknown.
      True true, and he's 31, and has naturally bulked up some. If Greg Ellis at his age could do it, then I probably shouldn't doubt Kerney.

Comment

He didn't do well in the 3-4 defense, and he complained about it. I don't think he would go to a team, that implements the 3-4 front.

Comment

Rams will make a push for him.

Anyways does he have anything left in the tank? Would a combo and Kerney/Little be effective?
          | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

He is thirty, coming off of a major injury, with two poor seasons in a row... He is a relentless worker, he will be in good shape, but I don't see him being worth what he will make on the open market.

Comment

The Rams will sign him and that will be that :D :D :D

Comment

Titans are looking for a DE big time....

Comment

Tampa need to look at him. With White possibly leaving through FA and Rice's huge contract DE is a need

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
                    He still may be Franchised, between now and Free Agency. Though, I hope we don't. He isn't worth it. He is only marginal against the run, has regressed as a pass rusher, is thirty years old, coming off of an injury. If we commit that much cap space, via a tag, into him, I would be furious. I would rather let him go, sign a few key Free Agents on the O-Line, WR, DB, instead. While taking a Defensive End in this deep draft for that position.
                    Victor Abriamiri in a Falcon uniform? He would be a nice fit in that speed defense.

Comment

I hope the Redskins or Rams sign him...

..that way a top DE can fall to the Titans in the draft.

*Crosses fingers, knocks on wood, and throws a nickel in a well*
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Falcons defensive end Patrick Kerney plans to void the remaining two years of his contract - he's owed $13.8 million - next week, making him an unrestricted free agent, according to his co-representative, Rich Rosa. Kerney has a week to opt out of his deal, which he is expected to do, although he probably won't rush. According to Rosa, he wants to work out a new deal with the Falcons.
                        -- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          He still may be Franchised, between now and Free Agency. Though, I hope we don't. He isn't worth it. He is only marginal against the run, has regressed as a pass rusher, is thirty years old, coming off of an injury. If we commit that much cap space, via a tag, into him, I would be furious. I would rather let him go, sign a few key Free Agents on the O-Line, WR, DB, instead. While taking a Defensive End in this deep draft for that position.
                          Victor Abriamiri in a Falcon uniform? He would be a nice fit in that speed defense.
                          I think, now that Kerney is unlikely to be in Red & Black, then the team has two immediate needs, that is LDE, as well as FS. That is, new starters are required. Though depth at Defensive Tackle, and Cornerback, is also needed. Now that I think about it, I want any D-Lineman in the first round. That is Rich McKay's M.O, I fully expect a D-Lineman in round one, he is fully content on finding steals at LB, CB, S in the mid-rounds. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Amobi Okoye is re-united with his HC, and position coach.

Comment

I think, now that Kerney is unlikely to be in Red & Black, then the team has two immediate needs, that is LDE, as well as FS. That is, new starters are required. Though depth at Defensive Tackle, and Cornerback, is also needed. Now that I think about it, I want any D-Lineman in the first round. That is Rich McKay's M.O, I fully expect a D-Lineman in round one, he is fully content on finding steals at LB, CB, S in the mid-rounds. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Amobi Okoye is re-united with his HC, and position coach.
                            Hm..if Okoye stays slimmed down, he could very easily play LDE in a 4-3, much like Tommie Harris was coming out of Oklahoma.

Comment

I think, at his age, he is most likely to add weight. I think by the time his body fills out, he will be in the 310-range. Either way, point stands, the Falcons need youth and depth on the D-Line. Blowing all the money on a thirty year old, with declining production, wasn't the way to go.

Comment

If they could get him in the 2nd, that would work nicely. But Abiamiri isn't really a base LDE - IMO - which is the hole Kerney would leave.

Possible replacements:

#10: Carricker, Anderson, CJ
                                #44: Crowder, McDonald, Alama-Francis

Kerney is very replaceable in this draft, which is why I would hate to see them spend $8mill on him. We have far greater holes needing FA filling.
                                TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information