No announcement yet.

Kerney a FA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before this dog stuff - and jumping to judgment is ridiculous - there was some talk of Babineaux moving to LDE. I'd rather keep him at UT, where he is becoming an impact player, but it might be an option to draft Okoye, then see in camp which of them are better suited to moving to LDE.

Charles Grant has played LDE at over 300 for the past few years, so I suspect that Okoye could do it. He also has the pass rush moves to make it work, with a little adjustment.

A 3rd down front four of Okoye (or Anderson/Carricker etc), Coleman, Babs and Abraham would be sick.
    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Id love to see the Lions make a run at him. It would allow us to pick Thomas or Quinn with little hesitation

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris
        Meanwhile...

Denver Broncos fans await in eager anticipation.

go broncos

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...?urn=nfl,24536

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

He is going to try to cash one last big pay-check. If Denver wants him, they will have to pony up.

Comment

Excellent write-up from CBS

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10009898

Patrick Kerney, DE, Atlanta

Kerney is expected to void the final two years of his contract, making him a free agent if he doesn't re-sign with Atlanta. So far, he hasn't, and if Kerney hits the market he will be in demand. One reason is that he's a good player at a critical position. The question potential suitors must ask themselves is: Can he be a great player? He's coming off a pectoral injury that shortened his 2006 season. And he will be 31 in December. That's not a good combination.

When he's right, Kerney is one of the top pass rushers in the business, but do you really want to invest mega-millions in a 30-year-old coming off a serious injury? The Falcons don't, and they're interested in re-signing Kerney -- but only at the right price.

Kerney scares off some suitors who worry about him breaking down despite a string of 105 straight games that was broken last season. Kerney is a high-effort, play-hard kind of guy, but as one scout said, "Do you really want to pay for a motor? I always worry about the guys I think are a little underweight."

With Dwight Freeney and Justin Smith off the market, Kerney is at or near the top of the class of defensive ends. But buyers beware. "When I look at Patrick Kerney," said one scout, "I see a terrific athlete who wears down as the season goes on and who defenders start to handle. He's had some productivity, but I'd think twice before paying him a lot of money." Apparently, so would Atlanta.
            I agree wholeheartedly with this assessment. He is a liability against the run, as the season goes along. He is thirty, coming off of an injury. I will not shed any tears when he goes out trying to get (over-) payed.

Comment

A lot of teams could sign him, but the Bucs should pursue him at the very least. I doubt we will get him but expect some interest to go along with the obvious teams (Skins, Broncs, Rams, etc.)

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

According to Adam Schefter, he is looking for 8$ Million per season.. :shock: No wonder Atlanta won't resign him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
                  According to Adam Schefter, he is looking for 8$ Million per season.. :shock: No wonder Atlanta won't resign him.
                  Well if he voided the last two years of his contract worth 7 mil per year I'd say it's pretty obvious he thinks he can make more than that, or at least get a new signing bonus that will compensate.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Well, he was already being overpaid.. With so few Defensive talents, with so much money available, he will probably get it from some desperate team.

Comment

Well, he was already being overpaid.. With so few Defensive talents, with so much money available, he will probably get it from some desperate team.

It's only funny because you're placing the Falcons outside of the boundaries of desperate team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51

It's only funny because you're placing the Falcons outside of the boundaries of desperate team.
                        Why would they be desperate? They'll trade Schaub this season for a 2nd rounder most likely, and with that pick they can get a guy like Abriamiri and not miss a beat.

I think their other issues are overblown.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense

Why would they be desperate? They'll trade Schaub this season for a 2nd rounder most likely, and with that pick they can get a guy like Abriamiri and not miss a beat.

They aren't desperate for a pass-rush (assuming Abraham can stay healthy, which is a pretty big assumption) but I think in general they are a franchise desperate for something postive to happen. Arthur Blank has poured a lot of money into that franchise and Mike Vick and they are the same historically bad/mediocre franchise that they've always been.

Comment

The Falcons under Blank, are night and day, in contrast to the old management. Were they desperate last year? I think so. They threw around money, picks, to acquire top tier talent. This year, the team is going to build via the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense

They aren't desperate for a pass-rush (assuming Abraham can stay healthy, which is a pretty big assumption) but I think in general they are a franchise desperate for something postive to happen. Arthur Blank has poured a lot of money into that franchise and Mike Vick and they are the same historically bad/mediocre franchise that they've always been.
                              Well...its pretty simple when you think about it. Their season rests with Vick. We'll know alot about Michael Vick this season. No more excuses. Put up or shut up. If Vick fails, you can say that their past 7 years has been unsuccessful as a whole because of Vicks inability to take his game to the next level. Im not ready to say that yet, Im giving him this next year to prove himself.

Comment

Next year will prove, which Michael Vick is the real one. The promising, deadly, Quarterback who played in Dan Reeves' vertical passing attack. Of which, he was a top-10 passer according to Football Outsiders' metrics. Or the sub-par Quarterback who struggled in Greg Knapp's hybrid-WCO, and ranked below average in those same metrics.

Wait...

How does every single Falcons thread turn into another Michael Vick thread? If I started talking about Michael Boley, who I adore. It would still end up about Vick, somehow.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information