AD is a god but...david harris

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD is a god but...david harris

WTF this kid is insane, 17 tackles 1 week then 24 the next, is he gonna overtake P willy?

I wouldn't go crazy. Redskins ran the ball right down the Jets throats. Harris was making stops well past the line of scrimmage. I'm not sure how much different it would have been if a backup was in there.

Comment

So you're saying he pulled an Andra Davis?

Comment

is he gonna overtake P willy?
        ........NO

Comment

i would love him īto be on the saints depth chart , a young good run stuffer

Comment

I watched both of his starts, one live and one tape. He has been head and shoulders better than Vilma in the 3-4 and I know there is love for Vilma on thos board and I know he isn't made for the 3-4 scheme....but the difference between the two is night and day.

Harris is going to be a stud and I think he is just as good as Patrick Willis. Teams scheme around Willis more so than teams have schemed Harris, so his numbers are a tad inflated right now. He is a sure tackler and shakes off linemen extremely well and his lack of ability to move quickly is overrated. He has solid instincts and is a true LB in every sense.

The Jets appear to be in shambles right now but honestly, they aren't that bad of a team. They are a playmaker on offense, an offensive linemen, and a pass rusher away from contending for the spot below the Colts and Pats. Clemens is going to be a good QB.
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
              So you're saying he pulled an Andra Davis?
              Exactly what i was thinking.....

Oh, and just to make sure everyone is aware Joe Thomas is yet to give up a sack...after facing Pitt, NE, Balti, and Seattle.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                I watched both of his starts, one live and one tape. He has been head and shoulders better than Vilma in the 3-4 and I know there is love for Vilma on thos board and I know he isn't made for the 3-4 scheme....but the difference between the two is night and day.

Harris is going to be a stud and I think he is just as good as Patrick Willis. Teams scheme around Willis more so than teams have schemed Harris, so his numbers are a tad inflated right now. He is a sure tackler and shakes off linemen extremely well and his lack of ability to move quickly is overrated. He has solid instincts and is a true LB in every sense.

The Jets appear to be in shambles right now but honestly, they aren't that bad of a team. They are a playmaker on offense, an offensive linemen, and a pass rusher away from contending for the spot below the Colts and Pats. Clemens is going to be a good QB.
                i think they need a RT, whole new dline, and a pass rusher and theyre good to go.

But if DMac is available, how can you pass on him?

Comment

By the way, David Harris is great. Its not his fault he has Dwayne Robertson playing NT in front of him.

Patrick Willis provides more in coverage I feel however, at least potentially more. But Harris was a great pickup too.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    By the way, David Harris is great. Its not his fault he has Dwayne Robertson playing NT in front of him.

Patrick Willis provides more in coverage I feel however, at least potentially more. But Harris was a great pickup too.
                    I think he is good too, I just wouldn't go crazy over the 24 tackles. If Chase Blackburn was in there I think he still gets 20 tackles.

Comment

i think they need a RT, whole new dline, and a pass rusher and theyre good to go.

But if DMac is available, how can you pass on him?
                      Need over value may be an issue but really, it woulden't be that hard to pass on him. I hate saying this because it is said all the time but RBs are a dime in a dozen. I also think with the way Peterson has been playing this year has made DMac look better as a prospect.

Jets have needs MUCH bigger then RB right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        I think he is good too, I just wouldn't go crazy over the 24 tackles. If Chase Blackburn was in there I think he still gets 20 tackles.
                        Chase is built to play 3-4 ILB. Part of me wants us to trade him and get a pick out of it bc we have DeOssie now. I don't want to see Chase's talents rot on the bench. I bet Chase would thrive in any role where he's asked to be an Inside run thumper.

And yeah, the tackle numbers are overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                          Need over value may be an issue but really, it woulden't be that hard to pass on him. I hate saying this because it is said all the time but RBs are a dime in a dozen. I also think with the way Peterson has been playing this year has made DMac look better as a prospect.

Jets have needs MUCH bigger then RB right now.
                          Thats true. And Im generally a believer in the dime a dozen philosophy. I think youre right, Peterson is influencing my judgement right now.

But at the top of the draft, theres really nobody worth taking as a 3-4 lineman. And you can't go RT that early, thats too much money in the oline. You can get a real good RT in round 2. And theres also no 3-4 pass rusher worthy of a pick that early as well. Unless Chris Long weighs in at 290, which he won't.

So it does open up the door, and I agree, you have too many needs to get him, but if you can't trade out of your pick, does the value exceed the need at that point?

Comment

Thats true. And Im generally a believer in the dime a dozen philosophy. I think youre right, Peterson is influencing my judgement right now.

But at the top of the draft, theres really nobody worth taking as a 3-4 lineman. And you can't go RT that early, thats too much money in the oline. You can get a real good RT in round 2. And theres also no 3-4 pass rusher worthy of a pick that early as well. Unless Chris Long weighs in at 290, which he won't.

So it does open up the door, and I agree, you have too many needs to get him, but if you can't trade out of your pick, does the value exceed the need at that point?
                            Campbell might be a good fit for the Jets.

Comment

Maybe I am being a bit of a homer by saying this but the Jets really aren't as bad as their record shows. I still don't think they will have top 5 pick but I could be very wrong.

And to your question does value exceed the need, thats really a difficult question for me to answer. Your reasoning for selecting DMac in that situation is very logical and I really can't argue against it. And if we can't trade out, your right, it is a very possible scenario.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information