Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Head Coaches that will lose their job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Head Coaches that will lose their job?

    What are some Head Coaches that you think will lose their job, and why? Some of my picks..

    High probability firings

    Marvin Lewis, Bengals

    He came from Baltimore having been DC for one of the best defenses of all time. Unfortunately the Bengals defense has been anything but good. Their D continues to be terrible year after year. He's gone for sure in my book.

    Brian Billick, Ravens

    Opposite of Lewis, he came to Baltimore having been OC for one of the best offenses of all time in Minnesota. His offense has sputtered ever since he came to Baltimore. He took over the reins of play-calling from Jim Fassel last year and he has made some questionable decisions with his play-calling, as well as starting the obviously washed-up Mcnair over a much better option in Boller. No way he stays next year.

    Scott Linehan, Rams

    The team has had a ton of injuries. Orlando Pace, Richie Incognito, Steven Jackson, and Marc Bulger have all missed tons of time, with Pace even being on IR. It's hard to win when you have so many injuries. That being said, fans are going to want changes to this team. Not to mention this is his 2nd year and his team has regressed, which doesn't speak well for him.

    Coaches who might be fired

    Mike Nolan, 49ers

    He progressed his team from the 1st season to the 2nd season. He came into this year with high expectations. The team has been playing terrible however. Even in their 2 wins the 49ers played lackluster. Although first year OC Jim Hostler deserves a lot of the blame, this team is ultimately Nolan's responsibilty. He doesn't seem to have lost the locker room, but his team isn't producing and if they keep this up don't be surprised if owner John York cans him for an offensive coach.

    Tom Coughlin, Giants

    This is where it gets interesting. He has had a great first half where the giants have looked like one of the top teams in the NFL, let alone the NFC. But his teams have been known for 2nd half collapses. The giants last year were 6-2 and looked like a top NFC team, and then it came crashing down. They backed into the playoffs and lost in the 1st round to the eagles. Interesting to see if history repeats itself here.

    Brad Childress, Vikings

    I'm not a fan of childress at all. But this team is actually pretty solid. They lack an consistent edge rush which is quintessential to the cover 2 they run. That's obviously killing them. What's also killing them is the fact they decided to try out a few CFL-level QB's on their roster. My guess is it depends on how much Childress is willing to stick with Jackson and how he uses Adrian Peterson.

    Norv Turner, Chargers

    He took a team that lost 2 games last season and has already lost 4. He was supposed to help develop Rivers even further but Rivers has looked average all season save a couple of games such as @ Denver. If turner is smart and keeps feeding LT and gates the ball, and wins a playoff game, he might save his job for an extra year.

    Those are the coaches i think that should be, or might be fired. Some popular candidates to replace them might be..

    Jason Garrett, OC, Cowboys
    Norm Chow, OC, Titans
    Mike Singletary, Asst. HC, 49ers
    Jim Schwartz, DC, Titans
    Mike Martz, OC, Lions

    Thoughts?

  • #2
    1 game... our team is not that solid.


    http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      I think that if the Vikings get to at least 6 wins it buys Childress another season.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GB12 View Post
        I think that if the Vikings get to at least 6 wins it buys Childress another season.
        I knows it's true, but it's ****. I live in a state that continues to be content with mediocrity when it comes to sports.


        http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
          What are some Head Coaches that you think will lose their job, and why? Some of my picks..

          High probability firings

          Marvin Lewis, Bengals

          He came from Baltimore having been DC for one of the best defenses of all time. Unfortunately the Bengals defense has been anything but good. Their D continues to be terrible year after year. He's gone for sure in my book.



          Brian Billick, Ravens

          Opposite of Lewis, he came to Baltimore having been OC for one of the best offenses of all time in Minnesota. His offense has sputtered ever since he came to Baltimore. He took over the reins of play-calling from Jim Fassel last year and he has made some questionable decisions with his play-calling, as well as starting the obviously washed-up Mcnair over a much better option in Boller. No way he stays next year.

          Scott Linehan, Rams

          The team has had a ton of injuries. Orlando Pace, Richie Incognito, Steven Jackson, and Marc Bulger have all missed tons of time, with Pace even being on IR. It's hard to win when you have so many injuries. That being said, fans are going to want changes to this team. Not to mention this is his 2nd year and his team has regressed, which doesn't speak well for him.

          Coaches who might be fired

          Mike Nolan, 49ers

          He progressed his team from the 1st season to the 2nd season. He came into this year with high expectations. The team has been playing terrible however. Even in their 2 wins the 49ers played lackluster. Although first year OC Jim Hostler deserves a lot of the blame, this team is ultimately Nolan's responsibilty. He doesn't seem to have lost the locker room, but his team isn't producing and if they keep this up don't be surprised if owner John York cans him for an offensive coach.

          Tom Coughlin, Giants

          This is where it gets interesting. He has had a great first half where the giants have looked like one of the top teams in the NFL, let alone the NFC. But his teams have been known for 2nd half collapses. The giants last year were 6-2 and looked like a top NFC team, and then it came crashing down. They backed into the playoffs and lost in the 1st round to the eagles. Interesting to see if history repeats itself here.

          Brad Childress, Vikings

          I'm not a fan of childress at all. But this team is actually pretty solid. They lack an consistent edge rush which is quintessential to the cover 2 they run. That's obviously killing them. What's also killing them is the fact they decided to try out a few CFL-level QB's on their roster. My guess is it depends on how much Childress is willing to stick with Jackson and how he uses Adrian Peterson.

          Norv Turner, Chargers

          He took a team that lost 2 games last season and has already lost 4. He was supposed to help develop Rivers even further but Rivers has looked average all season save a couple of games such as @ Denver. If turner is smart and keeps feeding LT and gates the ball, and wins a playoff game, he might save his job for an extra year.

          Those are the coaches i think that should be, or might be fired. Some popular candidates to replace them might be..

          Jason Garrett, OC, Cowboys
          Norm Chow, OC, Titans
          Mike Singletary, Asst. HC, 49ers
          Jim Schwartz, DC, Titans
          Mike Martz, OC, Lions

          Thoughts?
          I think Lewis, Linehan, Nolan, Childress and Turner should be fired. Some may get 1 more year but I think it is 1 year too many. I could see all but Lewis and Lineham getting an extra year.
          Nolan - I'd fire him, he's had his shot and probably convinced the team to draft Smith.
          Childress - I don't like him but Jackson isn't the first NFL QB to have a terrible 1st season as a starter. They might give Childress 1 more year to prove whether or not He's right about Jackson developing.
          Turner - ridiculous hire in the 1st place and it will only get worse if they don't fire him.
          I believe Billick and Coughlin are safe for the time being.
          Billick - has shown more than once that he can produce a winner if he has enough talent.
          Coughlin - I thought he would be fired for sure after last year. I don't think the Giants will slip this year. Eli is much more experienced and Jones is a solid replacement for Barber. He's safe IMO.
          I really like your list of perspective HC's. I might add Ron Rivera, Chicago's defense sure got a lot worse in a hurry after he left. Chow will probably face a lot of racism in advancing. It may also be interesting to see how many current HC's retire.
          And proud of it!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Russ Grimm could also be a possibility for a HC job, although it would kill my Cardinals

            Comment


            • #7
              linehan and nolan will both be given more time. I think childress could buy another year aswell. Only ones I think for sure are gone are Lewis and Billick who have both been awful. I think everyone else has earned more time. Only other one i think is likely is Andy Reid.

              Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

              Comment


              • #8
                I pray Carolina finally rids of John Fox and Turdovac.

                Poor coaching has ruined any and all talent on this team.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Childress deserves to be fired. His decision-making when it comes to the quarterbacks on the roster has been atrocious... and the sad thing is, quarterbacks are supposed to be his specialty. He is awful at pretty much everything. It is very difficult to find positives with this guy.

                  Adrian Peterson might be saving his job. And he's doing it, by himself, with one of the worst passing games in the entire league. It's definitely not a reflection of Childress. If anything, Childress is making it more difficult on the kid by not putting together a competent passing game.
                  "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

                  sig by vikes99ej

                  RIP Sean Taylor
                  4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would actually love for the Niners to pick up Martz and fix our offense. We are currently running a version of the Air Coryell so it would be a nice fit for continuity sake. Plus he could have a shot to get back at the Rams twice a year.

                    He would come into a situation to fix an offense with a team with a solid defense. He has a great back, gifted te, and a couple of speedy wr's (lelie and hill) sitting on the bench - favored by slow possession receivers who can't catch the ball.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think Del Rio will get fired if the Jags don't make the playoffs.

                      Originally posted by no love View Post
                      I would actually love for the Niners to pick up Martz and fix our offense. We are currently running a version of the Air Coryell so it would be a nice fit for continuity sake. Plus he could have a shot to get back at the Rams twice a year.

                      He would come into a situation to fix an offense with a team with a solid defense. He has a great back, gifted te, and a couple of speedy wr's (lelie and hill) sitting on the bench - favored by slow possession receivers who can't catch the ball.
                      LOL. If you think there's anything similar with the Niners' offensive system and Martz's then you're kidding yourself. Every single offense in the NFL runs either a "version" of the Air Coryell or the West Coast Offense.

                      Mike Martz is a bona fide offensive guru. Jeff Hostler is an unqualified, first year offensive coordinator. Their offenses share no similarity whatsoever.
                      Last edited by yourfavestoner; 11-08-2007, 02:15 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i think Mike Nolan ends up staying a year, as does Lewis injuries to the D thats why.

                        Norv should fire him, but they don't want to look stupid, by hiring a coach for only 1 year so they give him another year.

                        Brad and Bilick are in the same boat, 50/50 chance of getting fired, Billick has the D, brad has Peterson.

                        Coughlin screws up and they just fire his ass, as should Norv be fired, Scott L goes back to what he knew offensive coordinator for the....49ers.

                        Bill Cowher comes back and takes over a NFC team and makes them into a power running team, and kills all in the NFC.

                        Jack-del Rio, realizes he needs competent WR and so decides to give the ball to MJD.

                        Anyone see Jon Fox getting canned, every year they are a SuperBowl team or playoff team, and then well it goes downhill.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          IMO John Fox is gone for sure barring a big run in the second half. Jeff Fischer should be coach of the year, but both his coordinators might be head coaches this time next year.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                            I knows it's true, but it's ****. I live in a state that continues to be content with mediocrity when it comes to sports.
                            I don't think the state of Minnesota has much to do with it, unless you're implying that Governor Pawlenty has control over coach hirings.


                            Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think Coughlin stays. I obviously don't predict a breakdown like last year, but regardless Jerry Reese has come out and supported Coughlin in the media which Ernie Accorsi never did. Also it seems from his new book that Ernie and Tom never really saw eye to eye, and Accorsi was the one who probably wanted him out.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information