DPOY???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPOY???

It's half through the season and no one has really seperated themselves as the top defender this year. Ed Reed and Sean Taylor are both playing great with 5 INT's a piece. Albert Haynesworth is an absolute beast and has been unstoppable up the middle. Mike Vrable has 8.5 sacks and 4 Forced Fumble and has been the key for the Pats on D. Jared Allen and Aaron Kampman have been standouts. Also have to throw P-Willie's name in there as he leads the NFL in tackles with 83. There may be some I missed. Who do think will be the Defensive Player of the Year???

So far, IMO...

1. Albert Haynesworth
    2. Jared Allen

3. Everyone else

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Everyone seems to mention Bob Sanders

Comment

Shaun Rogers, he needs to get some more sacks but his disruption of the pocket isn't really a stat you can keep track of. I think he will continue his strong play and make a late push for the award. I'm not saying he is leading right now but in a sad truth he is just getting into shape.

Comment

The best defensive player in the league this year is Albert Haynesworth, in a landslide at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
            The best defensive player in the league this year is Albert Haynesworth, in a landslide at that.
            I'd love it if he won DPOY but I suspect it goes to Bob Sanders. The media has been hyping him up to win it since around week four.

Comment

The homer in me says Darnell Dockett should be mentioned in this discussion.

BoneKrusher

Comment

My pick would be Jared Allen, but isn't he ineligible because of the "Merriman Rule"?
                aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                  My pick would be Jared Allen, but isn't he ineligible because of the "Merriman Rule"?
                  Merriman was steroids, Allen was DUI. Differnce, but I feel DUI is worse. Another time on that argument though...

I could be homerish and pick Osi, but I will go with DeAngelo Hall who has been a shutdown corner all year and by far the best player on the Dirty Birds.

Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Come on guys Kampman still gets no love. Sats wise Kampy is having a better year .5 more of a sack and 10 more tackles.... COME ON give him some love!
                    Last edited by ImBrotherCain; 11-09-2007, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
                      Come on guys Kampman still gets no love sats wise Kampy is having a better year... .5 more of a sack and 10 more tackles.... COME ON give him some love!
                      Kampman has also played 2 more games

Comment

plus if you can't even form a coherent thought, then i'm definitely not going to side with you.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by Jensen View Post
                          The homer in me says Darnell Dockett should be mentioned in this discussion.
                          I would be completely fine with that Argument..

He beat Alan Faneca once and the double team of Alan Faneca and Sean Mahan twice to sack Ben Roethlisberger in the Az v. Steelers game..

#2 or #3 in sacks as a DT is impressive.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                            Merriman was steroids, Allen was DUI. Differnce, but I feel DUI is worse. Another time on that argument though...

I could be homerish and pick Osi, but I will go with DeAngelo Hall who has been a shutdown corner all year and by far the best player on the Dirty Birds.

You're right, I thought the rule affected any player with a suspension for conduct, but it only deals with performance enhancing drugs. So Allen could win the DPOY.
                            aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                              plus if you can't even form a coherent thought, then i'm definitely not going to side with you.
                              If you were talking about me... it was a coherent thought

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information