Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Denver Broncos released defensive end Simeon Rice

Broncos release DE Rice

DENVER (TICKER) -- The Denver Broncos released defensive end Simeon Rice, the team announced on Friday.

The 12-year veteran did not record a sack in six games played - one start while making only 11 tackles.

Rice has notched 121 career sacks, which ranks second among active players behind Michael Strahan, in his 11 seasons with the Arizona Cardinals and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Does anyone think that he'll sign on with another team? IMO, he's going to retire.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

So glad the Giants didn't sign him. I think he'll catch on somewhere else for the rest of the season

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
        So glad the Giants didn't sign him. I think he'll catch on somewhere else for the rest of the season
        yea i agree and then he will announce his retirement after the season

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
          Does anyone think that he'll sign on with another team? IMO, he's going to retire.
          Detroit Lions

Comment

He has always been known as just a pass rusher and if he can't get to the QB why would any one want him?

Comment

I can't think of a team that would sign him.

Comment

I think this is the end of the line for him. I can't see another team signing him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Barbecue Bob View Post
                  Detroit Lions
                  I disagree.

We have a lot of young players stepping up at DE and Marinelli has spent his time here building 'his' team. Adding Simeon Rice to the mix might set us back.
                  Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

He would have to pass a physical and accept league min at this point. Both of which are probably not likely.

Comment

Strange to say the least. Jarvis Moss is done for the season, you'd think they would at least keep Rice for pass-rushing situations opposite Elvis Dumervil. Granted, a poor run defense doesn't lead to many pass-rushing situations.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Oakland should sign him if the price is right.
                        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                          Oakland should sign him if the price is right.
                          I doubt he would play for you guys without a contract.

Comment

Colts have claimed him

Comment

Excellent move by the Colts imo, to get Rice at the veteran minimum for the remainder of this season. Especially if Dwight Freeney has to miss a few weeks.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information