No announcement yet.

Highest paid players by position

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is Adam Vinnateri not on the list for kickers?

Comment

Must be the way his contract is structured
      "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Olin Kreutz is arguably the best center in the league, but NO center deserves over $10 Mil a year. No lineman that isn't a LT should be paid that much, let alone a center.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

hmm

I'm just glad the Raiders are getting the most bang for their buck out of Moss and Jordan.... :roll:

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12
            Packers have 4 with the most surprising being that Ryan Pickett is #5 on the DT list.
            He is one of the more underrated players out there.

Comment

Punters/kickers

Olindo Mare, Miami: $2,321,181

sooo needs to be cut.

Comment

why isn't Ed Reed on the list for Safeties?

Comment

the thing that sticks out to me (prolly cuz i am steelers fan) but troy p. isn't in the top 10 when only 2 of the safties in the top 10 or even on the same level as him ( b-dawk and sean taylor)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaFootball
                    How is Adam Vinnateri not on the list for kickers?
                    Because he is in the first year of a contract. The first year on any contract most likely has the smallest base salary of any year. A lot of time it is close to the NFL minimum, but players don't mind because they get all of their multi million dollar signing bonus that same year. It jumps up significantly by year 3 most times.

This is also the same reason Amani Toomer is in the top 10 of WRs. He is in his second to last year of his multi year contract. His base salary figure is high. He is a prime candidate to restructure.

Comment

I'm going to put this in bold so people notice.

This list is how much these players made this year, not the average amount they make every year, or how much they count against the cap

Therefore, while Olin Kruetz made 10 million this year, that's because he signed a contract extension during the season that gave him a large signing bonus. He is by no means the #2 best paid offensive lineman in the NFL.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by sodar21
                        Originally posted by GB12
                        Packers have 4 with the most surprising being that Ryan Pickett is #5 on the DT list.
                        He is one of the more underrated players out there.
                        He's good, but not a top 5 DT.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          I'm going to put this in bold so people notice.

This list is how much these players made this year, not the average amount they make every year, or how much they count against the cap

Therefore, while Olin Kruetz made 10 million this year, that's because he signed a contract extension during the season that gave him a large signing bonus. He is by no means the #2 best paid offensive lineman in the NFL.
                          It's not the average amount, but it is (roughly) how much they count against the cap.

In the NFL, the top-paid players by position set the rates for franchise and transition players. The earnings for each player represent salary and prorated signing bonus for 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen
                            Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                            That makes me happy. We don't have any players up there that shouldn't be up there.
                            Deon Grant?
                            Like it's been said, Grant was in the last year of his contract and isn't going to be resigned anyways.

Comment

These do not count signing bonuses obviously, or Manning would be tops...

Comment

why is Bryant Young making 7 mil, should be about 2-5 mil

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information