No announcement yet.

Highest paid players by position

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Brady made $3 million more than Manning. I thought Brady was the unselfish team player and Manning the selfish glory hog statboy?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610
      So Brady made $3 million more than Manning. I thought Brady was the unselfish team player and Manning the selfish glory hog statboy?
      That's because his base salary was only around $1 million in the first three years of the contract with huge $9-10 million roster bonuses. This year, his cap hit jumps up to around $17 million. That's why he's expected to restructure and convert all of that added salary to signing bonus, prorating most of the cap hit over the life of the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
        That's because his base salary was only around $1 million in the first three years of the contract with huge $9-10 million roster bonuses. This year, his cap hit jumps up to around $17 million. That's why he's expected to restructure and convert all of that added salary to signing bonus, prorating most of the cap hit over the life of the contract.
        My basic point was to laugh at all the Brady fanboys. I'm not saying anything negative about Brady here.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

My basic point was to laugh at all the Brady fanboys. I'm not saying anything negative about Brady here.
          Oh, I understand. Prisco actually did an article on both contracts after they signed him, and their salary cap hit is pretty much the same throughout their contracts.

Comment

95% of you seriously have no idea what this article is about.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Barry Sims has to be the most overpaid. To my knowledge, he's not even playing anymore. He wasn't even a starter last year. Gallery was at LT (bust *cough* *cough*) and Langston Walker.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                I think that goes without saying for just about every thread.

Comment

Tony Parrish is 5th on the safeties list? what the hell?

Comment

Dewayne Robertson must have a helluva agent, or some serious blackmail material over the Jets staff...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

I think that goes without saying for just about every thread.
                      sorry but you must be part of the majority cause its more like 99%

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

It's about the franchise tag correct? Or am I missing something?

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                          It's about the franchise tag correct? Or am I missing something?
                          It's about how much they made this year. That includes signing bonuses or roster bonuses. Therefore, if a player just signed a contract with an upfront signing bonus, or just hit a roster bonus which constituted a large % of their contract, it's going to seem like their contract is worth a lot more than it is.

Therefore, statements like

"So and so mediocre player is the 5th best player kicker in the NFL!?!?"

are really incorect because the remainder of their contract could just as well pay them around the average for their position.

The title is somewhat misleading in that regard, and in regards to the signing bonus the previous poster was partially incorrect. A player can have a 10 million dollar signing bonus which he gets paid to him all in one season but the cap hit can be prorated over the length of the contract.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Samari Rolle, Baltimore: $5,200,000

Rashean Mathis, Jacksonville: $5,134,000
                            ludicrous...his play this past year was barely worth the league minimum

and he's on par with rashean mathis, who is easily one of the top 5, maybe top 3 corners in the game?

something needs to be done because we can't go into next season paying 5 million bucks to one of the worst starters in the league.

Comment

Lol. Jake Plummer #10

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by GB12
                                Packers have 4 with the most surprising being that Ryan Pickett is #5 on the DT list.
                                hes worth it

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information