RBs that run too hard for their own good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBs that run too hard for their own good

The injury today to Adrian Peterson,of which I hope is not serious, has me thinking about some of the great RBs that had their carrers cut short due to injury or illness. Here are a few that I can think of (I'm sure there are many more from each team that nobody realizes, even college greats, who could be told about):

1. Earl Campbell- I don't think it was one specific injury that ended his carrer, but the constant pounding he delivered and recieved had a huge effect on the span of his carrer. I believe he is one of the greatest RBs of all-time, top ten. The size and speed was the likes no one had seen before him except for maybe Jim Brown.

2. Bo Jackson- To witness this guy run the ball was a site to behold. A rader fan would probably want him to touch the ball every snap. As a Charger fan I hated seeing him in the game, he was the most feared back I have ever seen. Like Campbell, but with more speed, was an incredible blend of speed and power. He was ferocious, he was faster in pads than anyone I've ever seen.

3.Gayle Sayers- I can't do this man justice with my attempts to justify his position on my list, I can only say that I was a witness to the two great backs ahead of him on this meaningless list. He was what everybody thought Reggie Bush would be. Sometimes he is forgotten when the great RBs subject comes up, but I bet he would have held the the record for yards from line of scrimmage for quite some time.

4.Terrell Davis- Davis had some incredible years with the Broncos, he helped Elway get his deserved SB rings. He rushed for over 2,000 years in a season and won a superbowl MVP award, both of which none of the above can claim. I think his terrible migraines and the unrealistic views of the Broncos O-line have diminished his efforts.

I hope you all can remind us of the many I didn't include.

In todays game:

Frank Gore

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Adrain peterson is prolly a better version of fred taylor.. a good back who gets hurt alot.

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Eddie George was a great back who just took too much of a pounding to sustain a long career.
        Originally posted by njx9
        i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

marion barber
          marshawn lynch
          larry johnson
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
            marion barber
            marshawn lynch
            larry johnson
            I agree with these 3 the most.

When Marshawn runs, it looks like he's pissed at somebody, tryna take off some heads. I like that though lol.

Comment

Brandon Jacobs anyone? When he runs it's like a cement block being smashed through walls of defenders until the block cracks.

Comment

Bo had pre-existing injuries didnt he? I ussually associate speed with him though.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                  Bo had pre-existing injuries didnt he? I ussually associate speed with him though.
                  He may have had great speed but he ran like a bull.

Comment

WTF? You stole my username....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                      marion barber
                      marshawn lynch
                      larry johnson

Barber will suck in about 2 more years.......But boy do I love watching him now!

Comment

Maurice Drew kinda fits here. He just barrels into defenders on about every openfield run.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                          WTF? You stole my username....
                          He's saying you're the greatest of all time. DUH.
                          Peyton Manning Fanboy
                          Originally posted by Complex
                          They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Marshawn Lynch for sure. He NEVER gives up on a play. He's always fighting for that extra yard. I just hope that he doesn't get injured because of it.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Average OT LB View Post
                              Adrain peterson is prolly a better version of fred taylor.. a good back who gets hurt alot.
                              Fred Taylor might seriously be the most underrated RB of his or any generation...well he would be if he'd stay healthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information