Late Round Steels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Round Steels

Who are the best late round/UDFA's on your favourite team...explanations would be nice. They dont have to be superstars like Tom Brady...just players you like that make a possitive impact.

Steelers:

Brett Keisel - (DE/6'5"/285/BYU) Perfectly suited as a 3-4 DE...great against the run and leads the Steelers with QB hurries. Plays as a rover in certain defensive packages...and can really move for a big guy. Played special teams for a few years, then made the most of his oppertunities when he became a starter. Is a great team guy...and is a vital part of the No1 Defence in the league. (7th Round)

James Harrison - (OLB/6'00"/242/Kent State) Not the ideal size for a 3-4 OLB...but more than makes up for that with raw strength and determination. Again like Keisel he got to showcase his talents on ST for a few years and bided his time behind Joey Porter. Made big plays everytime he hit the field...and eventualy he has proved his worth this season, in a full time roll. He has 58 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 6 FF's, 2 FR's, 1 INT and 4 PD. Thats good by anyones standards...let alone an UDFA. (UDFA)

Willie Parker - (RB/5'10"/210/North Carolina) The guy didn't even start in college...but thanks to Dick Hoak (ex-rb coach) Willie has had the chance to become one of the best RB's in the NFL. People might say he's too small to be an everydown back...but if you watch his style of play, he hardly ever gets sticked. He usually gets dragged down from behind, gets to the sidelines or ducks out of big hits i.e he stays pretty fresh. Not only is he great at running to the outside...he is underrated at running up the gut, and he is a good (but not great) pass blocker. He's on pace to finish this season with over 1500 yards rushing...which is pretty good concidering our less than steller line play. IMHO i think Willie is the Steelers biggest steel, and one of the biggest steels in the league. (UDFA)

I'd be interested in seeing your teams picks...and what you think of mine. Thanks, Jakey.

hmmm.....
    -Jason Peters--UDFA
    -Jabari Greer- UDFA, has shut down pretty much every wr hes been assigned to, even Terrel Owens
    -Brian Moorman-UDFA- Best punter in the nfl
    George Wilson- UDFA, former WR who plays safety, hes got 2 ints, one for a TD

Comment

Derek Anderson, 6th round- 20 TDs. (Even though the Ravens actually drafted him, Phil Savage had a hand in it and then signed him to the browns)

Josh Cribbs, UDFA- A premier return man in the NFL.

Leigh Bodden, UDFA- Hasn't yet returned to 05 form, but when the QB has literally all day to throw, it doesn't help.

Simon Fraser, UDFA- Not really a great player, good depth guy, but is probably the hardest, most detedicated player on the team.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Priest Holmes - UDFA
        Napoleon Harris - UDFA
        Jarrad Page - 7th Round
        Brian Waters - UDFA
        Casey Wiegmann - UDFA
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
          Priest Holmes - UDFA
          Napoleon Harris - UDFA
          Jarrad Page - 7th Round
          Brian Waters - UDFA
          Casey Wiegmann - UDFA
          I could have sworn Nap Harris was picked

Comment

Napoleon Harris was drafted in round 1 i think???

Comment

well there's alloy, titanium etc...

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                well there's alloy, titanium etc...
                I just got it

Comment

Cortland Finnegan, 7th round - Starting CB. Plays mean, aggressive, fast, and borderline dirty despite his small size. Reminds me of Blaine Bishop with corner skills. Didn't play too great yesterday but he's been a legit player for us.

Tony Brown, UDFA waiver wire pickup - Starting DT. Pretty good player, very active with a good motor and has some good quickness. Wasn't very effective with Haynesworth out, so he may need someone next to him to draw attention away to be really effective. Plays the run well by disrupting instead of just tying up blockers.

Ahmard Hall, UDFA - Starting FB. Runs a 4.5 and is very strong also. Great lead blocker and is athletic enough to give us an option in the running and passing game. Out with a broken forearm right now though. Bigtime fan favorite.

Comment

Bart Scott - Undrafted
                    BJ Sams - Undrafted
                    Demetruis Williams - 4th Round
                    TROY SMITH! -5th Round
                    Dawan Landry - 5th Round
                    Jared Gaither - 5th Round Supplemental
                    Quinn Sypniewski - 5th Round
                    Antwan Barnes - 4th Round (will be future star)

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
                      Ahmard Hall, UDFA - Starting FB. Runs a 4.5 and is very strong also. Great lead blocker and is athletic enough to give us an option in the running and passing game. Out with a broken forearm right now though. Bigtime fan favorite.
                      His Arm obviously isn't that Hard!!!

...I know it was bad!

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
                        Bart Scott - Undrafted
                        BJ Sams - Undrafted
                        Demetruis Williams - 4th Round
                        TROY SMITH! -5th Round
                        Dawan Landry - 5th Round
                        Jared Gaither - 5th Round Supplemental
                        Quinn Sypniewski - 5th Round
                        Antwan Barnes - 4th Round (will be future star)
                        I don't think he meant 4th and 5th round players. Also, you can't say guys like Troy Smith and Antwaan Barnes are good pick-ups, when they really haven't played.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                          Priest Holmes - UDFA
                          Napoleon Harris - UDFA
                          Jarrad Page - 7th Round
                          Brian Waters - UDFA
                          Casey Wiegmann - UDFA
                          ya, harris was a first round pick out of northwestern i think. i could be wrong, or just misunderstanding what you mean...

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

There's this one guy, Tom Brady...

Comment

Antonio Gates-UDFA
                              Kris Dielman-UDFA
                              Shane Olivea-7th round (not a superstar, but a solid starter)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information