Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
    Originally posted by ninerfan
    Hasn't his whole profile done a 180. I used to hate him, thinking him an ugly nerd but since his tv ads I now see he has a personality and I actually like the guy. It doesn't surprise me he's done something for the team
    Again, this has nothing to do with a player doing something for his team. What player wouldn't want to convert unguaranteed salary and roster bonuses into guaranteed signing bonus?
    Actually, if I'm reading this right he was going to get 10 million dollars this offseason, so there would be no chance in hell he'd miss out on it. It was virtually guaranteed money that he agreed to smeer out over 4 seasons, so even though he still gets it, he DOES help out his team right now with the cap situation.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

That was a smart move by Indy, hey needed the space i they planned on keeping Freeny.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

The Colts were in a quandry, tagging Freeney was simply a temporary thing as much stated in this thread and the Freeney Tagged one. I think that Freeney being signed long-term is the first thing that will be addressed with this. Also, I believe this clears up some space so the Colts could actually, you know, SIGN draft picks which is usually encouraged after drafting players.

Other players that Indianapolis might look at to sign long-term, who are FAs soon, would be Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders. Those were two of the key components in the playoffs this season for them. The Colts usually don't pursue many top-dollar FAs (like there are many left as of now) with the last two offseasons bringing in Corey Simon late and Adam Vinatieri.

Also I read in the Colts thread that Robert Mathis' deal was also restructured to help out Indy.
        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

This is what team guys and great people do, Ed Reed should take a look at this and learn since he wants AD back so bad and is willing to sound off against the team that just made him the highest paid safety.
          HALL OF FAMER!
          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by Addict
            Originally posted by yourfavestoner
            Originally posted by ninerfan
            Hasn't his whole profile done a 180. I used to hate him, thinking him an ugly nerd but since his tv ads I now see he has a personality and I actually like the guy. It doesn't surprise me he's done something for the team
            Again, this has nothing to do with a player doing something for his team. What player wouldn't want to convert unguaranteed salary and roster bonuses into guaranteed signing bonus?
            Actually, if I'm reading this right he was going to get 10 million dollars this offseason, so there would be no chance in hell he'd miss out on it. It was virtually guaranteed money that he agreed to smeer out over 4 seasons, so even though he still gets it, he DOES help out his team right now with the cap situation.
            Yeah I was just going to add in, that Manning still gets his money, but he will no longer be getting it all at the same time. Restructuring usually spreads out your money and in some cases backloads your contracts which could potentially screw your teams salary cap in the future.

Designs by Thule

Comment

very team oreiented and the Colts will be much better for his sacrfice

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

He isn't making a 'sacrifice,' rather, he gets the same amount of money via a different conduit. One that is used by a multitude of teams, as a loop-hole in the salary cap.

Besides I am trying to remember if everyone praised Michael Vick, for doing this exact thing LAST YEAR, hmmm....

Comment

It is a sacrifice on the players behalf because of the interest from the 10 million that he'd lose out on for those 4 years. Also, if say Vick who restructered was released next season wouldn't he loose out on some of the money?
                  "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Think of restructuring as updating a contract. Don't think of it like a pay cut which is a loss of money.
                    Is that a rash?

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01
                      Think of restructuring as updating a contract. Don't think of it like a pay cut which is a loss of money.

It helps the team, for sure, but some people are acting as if Peyton Manning is being self-less and sacrificing monetarily. That simply isn't the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
                        Originally posted by Philliez01

It helps the team, for sure, but some people are acting as if Peyton Manning is being self-less and sacrificing monetarily. That simply isn't the case.
                        Yup, which was what I was trying to say. He helps out the team but it's like fine tuning a car or refurbishing a building.
                        Is that a rash?

Comment

Carson Palmer did the same thing to allow us to sign some big name guys to longer contracts.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information