X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jughead10
    Originally posted by SFbear
    Originally posted by Jughead10
    My problem with Buffalo attempting to resign Clements has to do with their scheme. In the Cover 2, CBs just shouldn't make close to Champ Bailey money. Namely because they aren't nearly as important. Champ Bailey, and the other top corners in the game, make big money mostly because of their ability in man to man and deep zone coverage. Where in a Cover 2, man to man coverage is masked. Just look at Chicago's corners for example. None of them are even considered good man to man defenders but they are good in their scheme, however most could be easily replaced.
    We play less Cover 2 and more man coverage than people think. Our corners are slightly underated for their man coverage skills. Slightly.
    Manning is a decent man corner. Vasher on the other hand, eh, not so much.
    Actually Manning was our nickelback and when he started in place of an injured Tillman and later injured Vasher, he was exposed for huge plays in man coverage.

Both Tillman and Vasher are superior to Ricky Manning. He makes a great nickelback though. If you recall Tillman had a pretty good game against Plexico when we pretty much declared we were going to play more man to man.

But as I said before, only slightly underated.

Comment

I think you guys are making a really big deal over the cover 2 thing. I'm suprised to hear people nagging about cover 2 or no cover 2 for Clements because he's played in both systems and has the skill set to really play in any defense whatsoever....he's big, physical, excellent cover skills, gets INTs, gets big play TDs on turnovers, can return punts, can tackle, play the run - he's a complete player and one of the top 15 corners in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5
        I think you guys are making a really big deal over the cover 2 thing. I'm suprised to hear people nagging about cover 2 or no cover 2 for Clements because he's played in both systems and has the skill set to really play in any defense whatsoever....he's big, physical, excellent cover skills, gets INTs, gets big play TDs on turnovers, can return punts, can tackle, play the run - he's a complete player and one of the top 15 corners in the league.
        The problem is that he's a top 15 player who wants top 5 money. He's just not worth it.

Like I've said before, Buffalo has been drafting to replace Clements for a couple of years now. They won't shell out the big bucks for him, and they'll be smart for doing it. Professional football is a game of replacement, not a game of maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
          The problem is that he's a top 15 player who wants top 5 money. He's just not worth it.

Like I've said before, Buffalo has been drafting to replace Clements for a couple of years now. They won't shell out the big bucks for him, and they'll be smart for doing it. Professional football is a game of replacement, not a game of maintenance.
          What's more interesting is, will he manage to find a team that is willing to pay him a top 5 salary.
          If the guy is top 15, I doubt they're going to overpay him that badly, even if they've got ****loads of cap space.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict
            Originally posted by yourfavestoner

What's more interesting is, will he manage to find a team that is willing to pay him a top 5 salary.
            If the guy is top 15, I doubt they're going to overpay him that badly, even if they've got ****loads of cap space.
            Look at the contract Brian Williams got from Jacksonville last year. With all of the cap space teams have, players' salaries are going way, way up - far beyond what used to be the established market price.

Comment

I guess that the only problem I have with Clements is that his play has been up and down. Previous couple of years, his played hasn't mirrored his reputation, but this year, he was pretty damn good....in a contract year. How is he gonna play after he cashes in?

Comment

Of course he can play both. All the great corners could play in pretty much any scheme. My problem would be if the Bills gave him a 7 years 60 million dollar contract. Because you find guys for a WHOLE lot cheaper who can excel at Cover 2 but are more liabilities in man to man. They got a guy like that in the draft last year. Youbouty. He is perfect for the Cover 2 and I thought he was a steal for them where they got him in the draft. Bottom line is you don't spend that much money on a CB unless you are paying him for his amazing man lockdown potential.

Comment

He really isn't that great of a CB. He's probably around the 20-30 best CB's in the NFL
                  Ya ok, your wrong.

Name me 20 CB's that are better than him. Much less 30, thats just pothetic.

If he wasnt that great Buffalo wouldnt have franchised him 2 years in a row, and want him back currently, but wont get him.

Comment

He'll be one of the few good/great ones out there

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I agree with the point that a good cover 2 corner is a lot easier to find than a good man-to-man cover corner in a non-zone scheme. If there was one corner I'd want my team to overpay for Clements might very well be that guy, but that's mostly because I'm a monster OSU fan :)

Comment

What kind of system does Champ Bailey play in?

Comment

solar

Comment

I'd look for Washington to be in this real strong. They should be able to clear out enough room for one big move or a couple small moves.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu
                              I'd look for Washington to be in this real strong. They should be able to clear out enough room for one big move or a couple small moves.
                              You could say that about every free agent, every year.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu
                                But how will they make enough room to sign all of their draft picks?...

Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information