Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zim3031
    Originally posted by toonsterwu
    I'd look for Washington to be in this real strong. They should be able to clear out enough room for one big move or a couple small moves.
    But how will they make enough room to sign all of their draft picks?...

Oh wait, nevermind.
    I for one am amazed we have as many Redskins fans here as we do. Why should they go to an NFL draft forum?

Comment

I'll clear the air here on Clements as a Bills fan who has watched a majority of his games.

He is a Top 2-4 corner when he is playing his best. He is extremely phyiscal, an elite tackler and has very good ball skills as well. He really is the complete package at CB.

However, Nate is streaky. He will go on stretches for 2-3 games where he plays uninspired and makes poor decisions. This happened a few times in 2005 but not as much in 2006. He played extremely well down the stretch this year after the BYE week where he was arguably the 2nd or 3rd best CB in the NFL.

Is this a coincidence that he had a great contract year? Probably not. I do think that he takes plays and even games off when he has an easy opponent (Patriots, Falcons WR's). However, I think that Nate has always thrived on challenges and plays his best against elite WR's. If he could remain focused for an entire year he would definitely be a top 3 corner.

P.S. - In 2005, arguably his worst year in the NFL, Chad Johnson still called him "the best CB in the league."

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur
        He really isn't that great of a CB. He's probably around the 20-30 best CB's in the NFL and is the best CB in this years free agent market, but it shouldn't make teams want to give him a bigger contract than that of Champ Bailey(which he wants).
        This is a ridiculous statement. Try to name 20-30 CB's better than Clements. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay
          P.S. - In 2005, arguably his worst year in the NFL, Chad Johnson still called him "the best CB in the league."

Just stop. Chad Johnson has run his mouth, proclaiming every corner he faces the next week, as the 'best in the league.' Champ Bailey, Leigh Bodden, Al Harris, DeAngelo Hall, etcetera.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver

Just stop. Chad Johnson has run his mouth, proclaiming every corner he faces the next week, as the 'best in the league.' Champ Bailey, Leigh Bodden, Al Harris, DeAngelo Hall, etcetera.
            Has he named 20-30 corners the best in the league? I think not. This is proving a point that he is definitely one of the tops in the league. Besides Bailey, Clements, Bodden, Harris and Hall (even though I don't think he proclaimed all of them as the best in the league), can you name anyone else?

Comment

He's praised Ike Taylor before. I don't remember, I started ignoring any and everything he says as without substance. Am I trying to say Clements isn't a very good corner? No. What I am saying is, everyone needs to chill on pulling out the 'Chad Johnson says' quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education
                solar
                I know that dumbass. You said that b/c you don't know.

Comment

He's praised Ike Taylor before. I don't remember, I started ignoring any and everything he says as without substance. Am I trying to say Clements isn't a very good corner? No. What I am saying is, everyone needs to chill on pulling out the 'Chad Johnson says' quotes.
                  Do you have any links to calling them "the best corner" in the NFL? Because I have one for Clements. He can praise people for being good corners, but did he declare them the best?

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
                    Nope they are running mostly Cover 2 out there. At least that what I am under the assumption of. Which is another reason why they had Donte Whitner so high on their draft board last year. As safeties are arguably more important in that scheme.
                    It is our base scheme but we do run a fairly good amount of Cover 3 and 44 even. I remember Levy talking last year about how he thought CB was important in our schemes.

I can't take this overpaying for a "Cover 2 CB" crap. Nate is a good CB and we run other schemes than Cover 2!

Comment

Do you have any links to calling them "the best corner" in the NFL? Because I have one for Clements. He can praise people for being good corners, but did he declare them the best?
                      Dammit. Where are those Green Bay homers who always pop in with that Chad Johnson quote about Al Harris being the best in the league?

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear
                        Dammit. Where are those Green Bay homers who always pop with that Chad Johnson quote about Al Harris being the best in the league?
                        Don't. Even. Get. Me. Started.

Comment

I'll clear the air here on Clements as a Bills fan who has watched a majority of his games.

He is a Top 2-4 corner when he is playing his best. He is extremely phyiscal, an elite tackler and has very good ball skills as well. He really is the complete package at CB.

However, Nate is streaky. He will go on stretches for 2-3 games where he plays uninspired and makes poor decisions. This happened a few times in 2005 but not as much in 2006. He played extremely well down the stretch this year after the BYE week where he was arguably the 2nd or 3rd best CB in the NFL.

Is this a coincidence that he had a great contract year? Probably not. I do think that he takes plays and even games off when he has an easy opponent (Patriots, Falcons WR's). However, I think that Nate has always thrived on challenges and plays his best against elite WR's. If he could remain focused for an entire year he would definitely be a top 3 corner.

lol takes games off against Patriots? finally explains why Caldwell beat him and Chad Jackson had 5 steps on him in endzone(maybe it was McGee)

and he did call Bodden the best..he called DeAngelo the best CB but also said he was the best WR at same time.

he had mad praise for Asamougha..Bailey..

hes buttering the CBs up

Comment

We don't need him, that's for sure. It would be cool to have both of the good former Bills CBs, though.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

It would be cool to have both of the good former Bills CBs, though.
                              you mean Ohio State corners?

Ill take

CB - Antwain Winfield
                              CB - Nate Clements
                              nickle - Chris Gamle, Ashton Youbuty
                              FS - Donte Whitner
                              SS - Mike Doss, Will Allen

cha!!!

Comment

Al Harris - http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/CIN/9006407
                                Johnson called Harris the best corner he has faced so far.
                                DeAngelo Hall - http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5621
                                Hall said he was honored to hear over the summer that Johnson called him the best corner in the league.
                                Champ Bailey - http://www.cincypost.com/bengals/200...0-26-2004.html
                                Obviously, Bailey isn't going to lose his confidence. He still thinks he's the best cover corner in the league, which is exactly what Johnson said earlier this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information