WR Porter ready for new start in Oakland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WR Porter ready for new start in Oakland

ALAMEDA, Calif. (Feb. 21, 2007) -- Jerry Porter is ready for a new start with the Oakland Raiders.

After a difficult 2006 season when he clashed with coach Art Shell and rarely got on the field, Porter announced he is changing his uniform number from 84 to 81 in order to put last season behind him and get off on the right foot with new coach Lane Kiffin.

"For me the new number represents a new start, a new beginning and new attitude," he said in a statement released by the team. "I've had multiple meetings with Coach Kiffin and I am very excited about the direction of our team and especially our offense. I can't wait to get started."

Porter had a run-in with Shell over offseason workout plans soon after the coach was hired last February. The receiver also made public a trade demand at the start of training camp. Porter was inactive the first four games of the season and then suspended for insubordination.
    Source: http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/OAK/10012586

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

This news isn't nearly as intersting as the rumor that Moss told Kiffin to F--- off.
    "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Porter ready for a new start in Oakland....................

Did he get traded to the A's and I not here about?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

They could have Jerry Rice in his prime and Joe Montana throwing him the ball for all I care. It doesn't mean jack if they don't fix that oline.

Comment

Lane was on the HERD today. I was actually impressed, no hesitation in his answers. Kept saying his life is all about football football football.

I liked him so far too the point I feel bad he is with oakland.

Comment

Well thats good that everyone wants to get a new start, but how will he act when they begin to lose again???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

YAY!

I can now wear my porter jersey

Comment

I think he will act up again no matter what

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58
                  YAY!

I can now wear my porter jersey
                  that had to be rough there for a while

former #1 in post count on this site
                  first to 500 posts

Comment

rather have him then moss

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Well the thing with Jerry Porter that is well documented is he likes players coaches (Norv Turner, Kiffin) and he clashes badly with disciplinarians (Shell, Gruden who he never liked). So of course hes on board. And it is what it is. i think the fact is if hes on board he can be a bigtime contributor and we cant get much for him in a trade so we might as well keep him.

Comment

Doesnt tim brown wear #81? I thought it was retired.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28
                          Well thats good that everyone wants to get a new start, but how will he act when they begin to lose again???
                          you took the words outta my mouth

Comment

Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual
                            Originally posted by princefielder28
                            you took the words outta my mouth
                            actually he hated SHell and thats why he got into trouble.because Shell doesnt know how to deal with players.
                            "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

not crazy about him wearing #81
                              Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information