Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB12
    Originally posted by etk
    For all you fans of 4-3 Cover 2 teams: Sorry but Thomas will never play for your team. It makes no sense to pay $10 million+ guaranteed for a guy who is 31 and is being played out of position. Why would he wanna go to a place where he has to play SLB anyway, when he can go to a place like SF with his former coach and do what he does best, disrupt the passing game.

Yes, this means Green Bay and St. Louis will not sign him.
    We don't run a cover 2, and He would be fine in a 4-3.
    I know the Packers don't run Cover 2, but either you waste his talents playing him at DE (while wasting KGBs talents), or you put him at SLB and watch him struggle. You don't pay top notch money for an SLB who is just gonna eat up blockers for Hawk & Barnett.

Just keep dreaming.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06
      Thomas can play cover two, he can play almost anywhere, he isn't a bad fit for any team.

he could play there but it would be a complete waste of his talent.

Comment

The words Cover 2 get thrown around quite a bit. You can run Cover 2 from a 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, get the picture? Saying Cover 2 just means that you play with 2 deep safeties that divide the field in half, and almost every team does that.

sig by VLS
        Originally posted by Smokey Joe
        I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka
          The words Cover 2 get thrown around quite a bit. You can run Cover 2 from a 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, get the picture? Saying Cover 2 just means that you play with 2 deep safeties that divide the field in half, and almost every team does that.
          When people say cover 2 they are almost always referrinf to the Tampa 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka
            Good point. I love 3-4 Cover 2 in Madden. It's impossible to throw across the middle, but it's also impossible to get a good pass rush :D :(

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Pretty bad move

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen
                Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                Originally posted by LocCsta
                Why is he called AD?
                Because he was born after the death of Christ.
                Sigh...why do people argue with the History Prof.

AD does NOT stand for "After Death". It's for "Anno Domini", which is Latin for Year of Our Lord (or something close to that). Although most people that Christ was likely born around 33 AD, this was a misjudgement at the time and was later adopted by the Gregorian model which is standard for most calendars throughout the Western World.
                You're partially correct.

He was born around 6 BC, and that therefore was the misjudgment at the time. 33 AD is around when he would have died if he was actually born at 1 AD, meaning he probably died in the late 20s AD.
                Is that it? Ok then. Obviously this is all speculative anyway, as there is no verifiable historical evidence of the life of Jesus.
                Really? I thought pretty much all scholars from all perspectives acknowledged that a man named Jesus existed...whatever. You learn something new every day.

Anyways...
                Oh they do. What I meant by "the life of Jesus" was what surrounded his life. That he existed and that he was at some point a political prisoner is generally well accepted.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I WANT HIM IN DETROIT!

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

He'll most likely end up a 49er. The one thing that the Packers have going is that Thomas and Favre share the same agent, Bus Cook, and went to the same college, Southern Miss.

The 49ers use the 3-4, have the most money, have warm weather, and have Thomas' former defensive coordinator in Mike Nolan as their coach. Makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                      Originally posted by LocCsta
                      Why is he called AD?
                      Because he was born after the death of Christ.
                      Sigh...why do people argue with the History Prof.

AD does NOT stand for "After Death". It's for "Anno Domini", which is Latin for Year of Our Lord (or something close to that). Although most people that Christ was likely born around 33 AD, this was a misjudgement at the time and was later adopted by the Gregorian model which is standard for most calendars throughout the Western World.
                      You're partially correct.

He was born around 6 BC, and that therefore was the misjudgment at the time. 33 AD is around when he would have died if he was actually born at 1 AD, meaning he probably died in the late 20s AD.
                      Is that it? Ok then. Obviously this is all speculative anyway, as there is no verifiable historical evidence of the life of Jesus.
                      Really? I thought pretty much all scholars from all perspectives acknowledged that a man named Jesus existed...whatever. You learn something new every day.

Anyways...
                      Oh they do. What I meant by "the life of Jesus" was what surrounded his life. That he existed and that he was at some point a political prisoner is generally well accepted.
                      His ressurrection is the point of debate. Its widely accepted that he existed, but theres some historical scholars who believe he was never executed. There was a rather lengthy thesis I read by a buddist scholar who shows very credible evidence of Jesus flocking East after the ressurection and influencing the buddhist philosophy with his views. Other religious sects also have their own "evidence". This is a very taboo subject, so I better stop here. Don't want to offend anyone, Im not taking sides on this, just discussing somethings I read.

Comment

• Originally posted by etk
                        Originally posted by etk
                        For all you fans of 4-3 Cover 2 teams: Sorry but Thomas will never play for your team. It makes no sense to pay $10 million+ guaranteed for a guy who is 31 and is being played out of position. Why would he wanna go to a place where he has to play SLB anyway, when he can go to a place like SF with his former coach and do what he does best, disrupt the passing game.

Yes, this means Green Bay and St. Louis will not sign him.
                        We don't run a cover 2, and He would be fine in a 4-3.
                        I know the Packers don't run Cover 2, but either you waste his talents playing him at DE (while wasting KGBs talents), or you put him at SLB and watch him struggle. You don't pay top notch money for an SLB who is just gonna eat up blockers for Hawk & Barnett.

Just keep dreaming.
                        KGB's talents? He hasn't done anything in a few years. In fact, he lost his starting job last year. There has actually been talk out of the Packer camp that they are looking at him. Someone posted an article talking about it in the team thread. Don't be surprised if the Packers go after him hard. TT won't be afraid to throw money at him, especially with a front loaded contract like Woodson had. I think a deal where you get most of the money the first 2 years would be better than a deal where you can get cut and not receive some of it. But we will see what happens.

here was a rather lengthy thesis I read by a buddist scholar who shows very credible evidence of Jesus flocking East after the ressurection and influencing the buddhist philosophy with his views.
                        Where would I be able to find that?
                        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991
                          :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
                          it sucsk that he wasnt tagged

Comment

• Originally posted by The Legend
                            Originally posted by Ravens1991
                            How would that suck for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12
                              Originally posted by The Legend
                              Because the Packers have like a 5% chance of getting him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bohleive
                                Originally posted by The Legend
                                Because the Packers have like a 5% chance of getting him.
                                Yeah, but if he was tagged it would be 0%. Don't see what sucks about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information