• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    Originally posted by asmitty45
    Originally posted by neko4
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    Hmm...where will he go? Not many WCO teams anymore. Houston might give up a 2nd for him. If Im Jacksonville, Id make a trade for Schaub. Or maybe Detroit gives up their 2nd for him and drafts Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas with their 1st?

The plot thickens....
    I think DET would be stupid to take him, they all ready have Kitna and Mcown has a lot of potential.
    Youre wrong, he doesnt Orlovsky does. McCown Blows but the lions seem to wanna keep him around.
    Orlovsky is nothing special at all. He should never be a starter in the NFL longterm.
    I agree.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

Atlanta fans will be fumed if they don't get a first round pick or better for him.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit
        Atlanta fans will be fumed if they don't get a first round pick or better for him.

Certain ones, for sure.. Some Falcons fans have an inflated worth for Matt Schaub. I would be thrilled with a high 2nd round pick, personally.

Comment

Hmm...where will he go? Not many WCO teams anymore. Houston might give up a 2nd for him. If Im Jacksonville, Id make a trade for Schaub. Or maybe Detroit gives up their 2nd for him and drafts Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas with their 1st?

The plot thickens....
          that would have to be the best thing ever

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89

The plot thickens....
            that would have to be the best thing ever

Don't worry, all of those ACC, GT, homers, are dying to sell the farm for Calvin Johnson.

Comment

I think they should have made this trade earlir> Matt Schaub deserves to start

Comment

I wonder if they would use matt schaub in a trade up? Maybe with houston.

Comment

How do you know if Schaub is starter material? He's played like 3 games.

He may have potential to be good, but no one knows how good he is. Which I find hilarious because of how much teams are going to have to pay to get this guy. The most overrated player in the league right now, and he doesn't even play.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                  Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

The plot thickens....
                    He isnt worth a 1round pick.3rd or 4th roundat most.

Comment

Why not to the Raiders for their 3rd rounder?

That way Raiders fans could get their wish and take Johnson, maybe Thomas.
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Hopefully they've back down their ridiculous asking price of 2 first round picks as it were last yr.
                        "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                        4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10
                          Why not to the Raiders for their 3rd rounder?

That way Raiders fans could get their wish and take Johnson, maybe Thomas.
                          Just what I was thinking. They bring in a QB that is not a rookie and can choose to give him protection or a weapon with the #1 overall pick.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

QB value always gets a bit inflated, so I expect the Falcons to get a good deal. I could see a deal that's tied into Schaub's overall productivity with an additional pick in 2008. The Raiders make a lot of sense with Greg Knapp being there. Schaub's arm strenght isn't bad ... which is what the WCO comments make it sound like. It's not great, but it's good enough, probably better than Chad Pennington. If they could pull off a deal for Schaub, then I think the Raiders would end up going with Calvin Johnson at the top of the draft. I do think this creates the scenario where, if the Falcons struggle, Brohm could figure into their plans next year, depending on where they pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12

The plot thickens....
                              The plot thinkens should be your catch phrase from now on.

Anyway, If he doesn't go to a team that runs the WCO, I think that he'll be a dissapointment. If he goes to a team who runs a WCO, it's gunna be fun to watch. He's a system QB.
                              Well, theres not many WCO teams anymore. Its a dying breed. And the teams that do run WCO, theyre all set at qb except for Tampa, and Atlanta would never trade Schaub to Tampa.

I think Schaub can work in other schemes. He's more comfortable with WCO, but he can work as a regular qb, especially with his mobility.
                              we would trade Schaub to Tampa. but only if it was for #3/4 overall.

Owner of ScarDraft
                              Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Btw, I wonder about the comment of the WCO being a dying breed.

Denver, Houston, Philadelphia, Green Bay, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Seattle

all still use strong variants of the initial WCO, while plenty of teams incorporate the WCO into packages and scheme usages, albeit, not as their "base" offense. That's not bad. Sure, it isn't like a few years ago, when the WCO seemed to be everywhere, but I don't think the dropoff is that much to call it a dying breed.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information