No announcement yet.

Matt Schaub: On the Trade Block

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any player can be on the trading block. It's what they get for him that matters. And no one is going to trade a first round pick to Atlanta for Matt Schaub. Maybe Atlanta can make a deal like what Green Bay did with Seattle for Matt Hasselbach a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft
      Any player can be on the trading block. It's what they get for him that matters. And no one is going to trade a first round pick to Atlanta for Matt Schaub. Maybe Atlanta can make a deal like what Green Bay did with Seattle for Matt Hasselbach a few years ago.
      Just wondering if you realized that Matt Hasselbeck got the Packers late first round value. Schaub's more accomplished than Hasselbeck when Matt was dealt. When Rob Johnson was dealt to Buffalo, I believe he netted them a first and fourth, although I'd have to check again. At relative points, Schaub has done more than Rob Johnson.

QB value is always inflated. I'm not saying Schaub will definitely get high value, as it depends on the market, but I think the Falcons could very well end up with first round value for Schaub.

Btw, the bet here is still Jacksonville. I still don't believe Leftwich will return, and Schaub's decision making could give them the stability needed at the position for the offense. Even if Leftwcih returns, there will be competition brought in. While I don't think the Jaguars would involve the 17th pick anymore (previously, I had once mocked the Jaguars getting Schaub and Atlanta's 2nd rounder for the 17th overall), I do think something like Jacksonville's 2nd rounder and a pick in 2008 (depending on starts, could be a first), might be something that's considered.

The Raiders obviously are up there, with their need for a QB and Greg Knapp being there. I think the Browns/Dolphins might be considerations ... but their fans would likely be aghast at the move. I wouldn't rule out the Ravens ... but if the price got high, then no. Over on the NFC side of things, Minnesota comes to mind as a possibility, but if the price got high, then no. There's probably a couple darkhorse teams that might get involved (I hate to say it ... but if the price isn't that high ... I could see the Bears perhaps poking around and maybe Carolina would be a darkhorse option.

I do find it interesting that the guy that had a huge role in developing Schaub is now the Falcons QB coach (Bill Musgrave).

Comment

I wouldn't mind him in Jax, what do you think of his deep ball? If he can throw a decent one I wouldn't mind the move.

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
        It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
        Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
        http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
        421 Witness
        756*

Comment

He seems like a good fit inthe west coast offense, depending on whom gets him he should go to a west coast team.

Comment

Originally posted by jag
            I wouldn't mind him in Jax, what do you think of his deep ball? If he can throw a decent one I wouldn't mind the move.
            'bout a quarter mile.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

As a Raiders fan I wouldnÂ’t mind trading for him. We than could draft CJ or AP
              Taking a Knapp.

Comment

this is interesting, im wondering if the falcons plan to move up and grab calvin johnson...

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I think CHI or CLE should aquire Shaub. Both teams have questionable QB's & bringing in Shaub would promote a huge competition in training camp/pre-season. Plus I think Shaub would be a good fit for both teams, especially CHI.
                  INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by scar988
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    Originally posted by Staubach12
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    Hmm...where will he go? Not many WCO teams anymore. Houston might give up a 2nd for him. If Im Jacksonville, Id make a trade for Schaub. Or maybe Detroit gives up their 2nd for him and drafts Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas with their 1st?

The plot thickens....
                    The plot thinkens should be your catch phrase from now on.

Anyway, If he doesn't go to a team that runs the WCO, I think that he'll be a dissapointment. If he goes to a team who runs a WCO, it's gunna be fun to watch. He's a system QB.
                    Well, theres not many WCO teams anymore. Its a dying breed. And the teams that do run WCO, theyre all set at qb except for Tampa, and Atlanta would never trade Schaub to Tampa.

I think Schaub can work in other schemes. He's more comfortable with WCO, but he can work as a regular qb, especially with his mobility.
                    we would trade Schaub to Tampa. but only if it was for #3/4 overall.
                    You can't even get that for Vick. LOL! Good one 'ole buddy.

Comment

With Oakland getting rid of Aaron Brooks, now I have my fingers crossed they trade their 2nd round pick for Matt Schaub. :) The 33rd pick would be close enough to what the Falcons want, in terms of value.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
                        With Oakland getting rid of Aaron Brooks, now I have my fingers crossed they trade their 2nd round pick for Matt Schaub. :) The 33rd pick would be close enough to what the Falcons want, in terms of value.
                        The feeling I've gotten since a month or so ago is that the package is going to have to be protected. It's possible the Raiders consider giving up their 2nd, but I'm not sure about that. I could see something like their 3rd, a future pick in 2008 that is dependant on, perhaps, starts, and another piece (heck, maybe Moss ... if they can find a 3rd team to slide Moss to).

Comment

Every Raider fan would love to just trade Moss for Schaub.

That's if Kiffin wants Schaub, he seems to like both Russell and Quinn.

he said this draft has "Great" QBs in it.
                          Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984
                            Every Raider fan would love to just trade Moss for Schaub.
                            Of course they would.

Comment

OMG TEHY ARE MAKIGN TEH BIG MISTAK3 VICK SUXXORZ ZOMG.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Rotoworld
                                Falcons signed QB James Kilian, formerly of the Nashville Kats.

It's possible Atlanta is adding quarterbacks to brace itself for a Matt Schaub trade, but more probable that Kilian was added as a "camp body."
                                Interesting, this may be meaningless, or it could be a sign of things to come..

It's pure conjecture, I know.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information