X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravens sign coach Billick to four-year contract

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

February 21, 2007

OWINGS MILLS, MARYLAND (TICKER) -- A month after agreeing to a contract extension with Brian Billick, the Baltimore Ravens signed the coach to a four-year contract.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

Billick has been the Ravens' coach for the last eight years and guided the franchise to a Super Bowl title in 2000.

Brian is a good coach and Baltimore was smart by keeping him around and Rex Ryan can continue to run the defense

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

GREATEST RAVENS COACH EVER!!!!

Its great news to all in the land of pleasant living! Coach Billick is a shining example of what a great coach is and should be. We are happy that he is continuing his tenure and look forward to the Combine. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819

Its great news to all in the land of pleasant living! Coach Billick is a shining example of what a great coach is and should be. We are happy that he is continuing his tenure and look forward to the Combine. :D

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

AJ Smith could learn something from the Ravens

Comment

Honestly I don't know how this guy is still considered in the top echelon of coaches. Basically he lives of a defense that he isn't exactly hands on with. In fact the best things he has done as head coach were continue to pick amazing D-Coordinators. Because for such an "offensive guru", his offenses during his tenure in Baltimore have been well below average.

Comment

That's like saying your one brother is the best brother that you have.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

yeah happy with this

he is a good coach and as last season moves prove he will fire a friend in order to help the team. he really saved the offense this year and seems to really listen to his players for input

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
                    Honestly I don't know how this guy is still considered in the top echelon of coaches. Basically he lives of a defense that he isn't exactly hands on with. In fact the best things he has done as head coach were continue to pick amazing D-Coordinators. Because for such an "offensive guru", his offenses during his tenure in Baltimore have been well below average.
                    i dont really think he is all that high on the coaches list. but i still think he is far from the worst coaches.

he has had great d cordinators during his time. how many coaches he had are now head coaches?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89
                      i dont really think he is all that high on the coaches list. but i still think he is far from the worst coaches.

he has had great d cordinators during his time. how many coaches he had are now head coaches?
                      Yeah, like I said hie picks great coordinators. But Billick had little to do with those guys going on to be HCs. Those guys were great coaches before they got to Baltimore and they had great players to work with. Billick is way overrated in my opinion. His offense is consistanly bad and he threw his buddy under the bus this year for a problem that has been there for a while. And I'm not supporter of Fassell. I hate that guy.

Comment

I agree, I posted basically the same thing in the team discssion thread. But I hope we can bring in a great OC and get a offense going.

Comment

Yes because a Giants' fan would know anything about offense or how to handle an offensive coaching staff........................ :roll:

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Yes because a Giants' fan would know anything about offense or how to handle an offensive coaching staff........................ :roll:
                            Actually I don't know the exact numbers, but my guess is this past year we were right around a top 10 offense and last year better than that. So please save use of the rolling eyes emoticon for people who actually know what they are talking about.

Comment

Actually I don't know the exact numbers, but my guess is this past year we were right around a top 10 offense and last year better than that. So please save use of the rolling eyes emoticon for people who actually know what they are talking about.
                              Yeah he hasnt really done much for us. Except that time he lead us to the superbowl and we beat the giants Yeah that was nice.

But seriously I never hear him mentioned in the top echelon of coaches so I dont know what your talking about.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information